What's new

General/Other Lately I've been...

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
B3 - 4 is a very good string; I mainly use it to punish opponents with a 35% (no meter) combo.

However, using it off the ground is a little tricky; even though the full string is 0 on block, the 4 wiffs a crouching opponent and can be punished easily. If using it often (to the same opponent) they might start fishing for it. If you half string, the B3 is -6 on block and you're screwed, if you do the full string on a crouching opponent you're (possibly) screwed.

This string is perfect to punish opponents, but for ground play I usually stick to 312 - B114 - F4(B2) or F2 because there is less risk (except for F4 but you have to choose your moments to execute it).

If it's been working for you, go ahead and B3 - 4 man, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A nice little trap that I've used in the past is B3 - 4 into sweep, you'll be at +2 on block or get the knock down on a standing opponent.
Well I only use it after maybe a JiP or if I connect a D4 which gives me +12 advantage but yea u are right when u say it should be used with caution.

zaf

professor
a good use for b34 is actually after a sweep or after a f2. think of sektors f2 and how they catch you with b3 after this

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
But Sektor's b3 has longer hitbox than Ermac's, so has the followup (which in Mac's case really sucks - 4 doesn't move him forward at all, whiffs even on big hitbox chars).
I don't even have to add, that Sektor's is safer on block and hits low ;)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
B34 string is BS unfortunately, at least for now. Doesnt jail, B3 alone on block is -6, yes, the whole string can be ducked and full combo punished. Even if you do hit confirm it the damage you get from a combo is not that great too. Really dont know any use for it at all. And QjonPL is right. Sektor's B34 is a million times better than Ermac's b34, in terms of range, usefulness and combo damage potential. Ermac's b3 should hit low or be an overhead combo starter imo.

EDIT: Only good thing Ermac's b3 has is that its special cancelable, like all of his strings (except F4 lol) and you can bait any punishes to come with lift or TKP, which is risky as hell as you guys know. Other than that i really dont find any good use for it.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Yeah, I've never seen a real use for b+3,4. He has several other strings that seem to completely outclass it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Lately, I've been doing terrible... I think I just need a break. :(

My fingers just need a break, I guess... can't even do a consistent jk/tp... :(

KRYS9984

Noob
Do you guys ever use B3 as a punisher or even as a bit of an audacious AA?
I use B3 - 4 as a combo starter to punish an airborne (balled up) opponent.

My standard b'n'b is: B3 - 4 - Teleport >> 2.2 - TKS >> B1,2,F1 - TKP.

You can substitute B1,2,F1 - TKP for 2,2 - TKP for the same amount of damage.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I use B3 - 4 as a combo starter to punish an airborne (balled up) opponent.

My standard b'n'b is: B3 - 4 - Teleport >> 2.2 - TKS >> B1,2,F1 - TKP.

You can substitute B1,2,F1 - TKP for 2,2 - TKP for the same amount of damage.
To punish "balled up" opponents : B2 (charge abit) B1 lift jk tp dash 22 TKP. Does 47% dmg without meter.

Flagg

Noob
I tend to use his B2B1 rather than his B34.

Metzos, do you go for his B2 (charge)B1F2 teleport into combo for punishes at all? I just love his strings, they look so flashy. I know that a player should go with what works and what hurts the most, but I like to mix things up now and again.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I tend to use his B2B1 rather than his B34.

Metzos, do you go for his B2 (charge)B1F2 teleport into combo for punishes at all? I just love his strings, they look so flashy. I know that a player should go with what works and what hurts the most, but I like to mix things up now and again.
No, tbh thats the only string i rarely use, if at all. Dunno why the damage you can get from that string is also very good also.

KRYS9984

Noob
Lately, I've been doing terrible... I think I just need a break. :(

My fingers just need a break, I guess... can't even do a consistent jk/tp... :(
There is no problem with taking a break STORMS, sometimes you come back stronger just by stepping away for a bit.

This happens to everyone at some point; I can recall a few times where I hit a wall and couldn't play if my life depended on it. Instead of becoming frustrated, I simply turn off the game and leave it alone for a while. The next time, I've been able to play quite well with almost no flaws in my execution. It's just your mind exhausted from some other factor.

You can sometimes see this in MK Tournaments; a player will feel overwhelmed (in a match-up) and just check out. The most important thing is to not give up; some people might quit, others might take it as a stepping stone to becoming a better player.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
b+3 and b+3,4's main use is in ermacs more advanced combos which look cool as fuck

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
no some of them do good damage, I'll post some later
If you can find a combo starter with B34 doing more than 40% dmg without meter plz do. The only one i ve found was Jp B34 tp jk tp d1 TKS dash B12F1 dash TKP. It does 40% dmg.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not talking about just b34 as a starter, but in an actual combo

KRYS9984

Noob
Well i havent found any actual use for it tbh in combos either.
You probably know this, but when performing a 3 - 1 - TKS - reverse uppercut combo, B3 - 4 is one of the better strings used in the corner / midscreen after the uppercut is executed to link the remainder of the combo.

It's not something I do on a regular basis in matches due to strict timing but I have already done in the lab.

Skkra

So lately I've been... disheartened. I've been leveling up, in a way, but I'm still getting beat by garbage. This IS all online, of course, where 1/4 of the time my moves dont even come out and intended due to the difference in what I'm inputting and what I see on screen.

I feel like I can hold my own now, but I still get beat by utter bullshit. I read an opponent correctly, instantly see their bad habits and patterns, and... still lose. I know exactly what they're going to do, and still get beat by it. That makes no sense. I feel like I lose to people who are just "doing stuff."

I think maybe half of it is not being able to AA online... people get away with such garbage, like repeated crossup JIPs, then when you finally start trying to block it, it opens up their offense. Things like Raiden teleport spam become so hard to deal with.

I dunno, I love this game, I just keep feeling like quitting when it seems like every other random online scrub can own me up. I cant tell if I should've just stayed in Tekkenland where I was actually good, or if its just the horrific MK online.

/rant

KRYS9984

Noob
So lately I've been... disheartened. I've been leveling up, in a way, but I'm still getting beat by garbage. This IS all online, of course, where 1/4 of the time my moves dont even come out and intended due to the difference in what I'm inputting and what I see on screen.

I feel like I can hold my own now, but I still get beat by utter bullshit. I read an opponent correctly, instantly see their bad habits and patterns, and... still lose. I know exactly what they're going to do, and still get beat by it. That makes no sense. I feel like I lose to people who are just "doing stuff."

I think maybe half of it is not being able to AA online... people get away with such garbage, like repeated crossup JIPs, then when you finally start trying to block it, it opens up their offense. Things like Raiden teleport spam become so hard to deal with.

I dunno, I love this game, I just keep feeling like quitting when it seems like every other random online scrub can own me up. I cant tell if I should've just stayed in Tekkenland where I was actually good, or if its just the horrific MK online.

/rant
Skkra

Don't quit over a few online loses because it reality, online is meant for casuals and not even accurate to the actual game.

I have been a little salty at times from online play; characters such as Kung Lao and Raiden (the infamous hate tier) get away with A LOT of bullshit and the people using them aren't doing anything extraordinary.

Just stay away from the online trolls; these people don't really want to learn the game, they just play on your frustrations. Stick to TYM / MKU members who will give you a good honest fight and win or loose, you know it's to someone legitimate.

If you feel that your personal connection might be a little slow and you could benefit from a boost, go hardwire. I did this a couple months ago and noticed a huge difference. Even though I was on a wireless cable connection at 100% signal strength, the physical connection truly is optimal for online play especially in fighting games.

Skkra

Skkra
Don't quit over a few online loses because it reality, online is meant for casuals and not even accurate to the actual game.

If you feel that your personal connection might be a little slow and you could benefit from a boost, go hardwire.
Thanks for the calming words. I just get very frustrated sometimes. I am hardwired and have a good internet connection from home... I just need to stick to TYMers I suppose.