What's new

Last roster slot theory

I keep thinking that a new version of Noob would make a lot of sense as far as already existing characters go.

He’s the only male ninja left, and maybe his origin story is different/crazy enough that it justifies keeping him a secret.
I kinda buy that theory, and if true I really think it's Hanzo. Noob's and Scorpion's origins as wraiths/Spectres are eerily similar to begin with. Scorpion is or maybe was Ed's favorite character, and now he's changing him to be named after him, too.

The speculation that Noob may be BiHan and Kuai's father is interesting as well, but my bet is on Noob sitting this game out.

I think it's Shujinko as the final slot. I think this games focus on the 3d Era and an adventure type mode are evidence. He was originally going to take Liu Kangs role, Liu Kang is God now. His role is free, and I think Raiden as Champion is a red herring, or Shujinko is heavily featured and unlockable in the invasion mode as a nod to Konquest.

I keep thinking that a new version of Noob would make a lot of sense as far as already existing characters go.

He’s the only male ninja left, and maybe his origin story is different/crazy enough that it justifies keeping him a secret.
that’s what I’m hoping for! I get noob being in the last game and all, but to include EVERY other ninja (scorpion, sub-zero, smoke, rain, reptile, Ermac.. hell even Tremor is going to be a kameo) and leave out just one is kinda weird. Plus they refuse to mention anything about hanzo so my theory in this timeline is that bi-Han doesn’t die, stays sub-zero, kui liang is this timelines scorpion and hanzo someone becomes noob.

side note: it was “leaked” that Noob is in kombat pack 2, along with Kano, sareena, doomguy, Harley Quinn and death stroke). If that turns out to be true, then obviously noob wouldn’t be much a part of this games storyline (yet).
Side side note: deathstroke would be perfect for this game!!

Remember that Boon said we will get a character previously unplayable but part of the MK universe - paraphrasing. Safe bet the final character is exactly that.

mattteo

Noob
side note: it was “leaked” that Noob is in kombat pack 2, along with Kano, sareena, doomguy, Harley Quinn and death stroke). If that turns out to be true, then obviously noob wouldn’t be much a part of this games storyline (yet).
Side side note: deathstroke would be perfect for this game!!

That is fake. The 24th character is probably a new character , kept secret, or it could be Noob.

I don't see ANY possibility for Sonya, Kano, Jade, at all. In fact, I don't even know who could be such a secret at all

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Remember that Boon said we will get a character previously unplayable but part of the MK universe - paraphrasing. Safe bet the final character is exactly that.
That.. leaves a lot open for interpretation. Depends on what sources for "the MK universe" Boon is considering valid.

Comics?
Shows?
Movies?
Animated movies / shows?
YouTube series?
Mainline games?
Spinoff games?

From a logical side, I'd expect it to be someone with some modicum of relevance in the mainline games. Jerrod was my first guess when Boon mentioned this, but the Umgadi trailer confirmed that that man can't catch a break in ANY timeline so he's out (unless they go with a dead revenant Jerrod). Jataaka and Kia could be options, but Sareena being only a kameo means these two are for sure not going to be base roster. Are we getting another Elder God? Another elemental god from Earthrealm? An Outworld/Edenia god like Argus or his wife Delia? There's not really any other named but previously unplayable characters I can think of off the top of my head unless yall wanna count the named nobodies from the Black Dragon in the Special Forces game. I guess Tremor was a named nobody from MK: SF so anything is possible.

That.. leaves a lot open for interpretation. Depends on what sources for "the MK universe" Boon is considering valid.

Comics?
Shows?
Movies?
Animated movies / shows?
YouTube series?
Mainline games?
Spinoff games?

From a logical side, I'd expect it to be someone with some modicum of relevance in the mainline games. Jerrod was my first guess when Boon mentioned this, but the Umgadi trailer confirmed that that man can't catch a break in ANY timeline so he's out (unless they go with a dead revenant Jerrod). Jataaka and Kia could be options, but Sareena being only a kameo means these two are for sure not going to be base roster. Are we getting another Elder God? Another elemental god from Earthrealm? An Outworld/Edenia god like Argus or his wife Delia? There's not really any other named but previously unplayable characters I can think of off the top of my head unless yall wanna count the named nobodies from the Black Dragon in the Special Forces game. I guess Tremor was a named nobody from MK: SF so anything is possible.
Hydro is the only other character I can think of