What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Takeda Potential Changes

TNS

Oops, I YOLO'd
Lasher is lacking something that make it stand out from the other two variation, having Whip Trip to make his block strings "un-armorable" is good but its still lacking. Here is what I think they should give him.

• All of Whip Assault's hits need to hit on an airborne opponent
  • Change notation of Whip Strike from DF1 to BF1, this makes it so that Low Slash is possible to do quickly
  • Make Low Slash a low...Its in the name.
  • Whip Strike needs to be an overhead and not -21 (-11 would be perfect, still -3 on hit and can be armored through from strings though tight) I mean come on, it looks like one.
  • Whip Flip grants a better launch so you don't have to stress about the NJP.
  • Whip Assault fully comes out on block but is now -14?
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I don't play with takeda but I messed w him. And lasher doesn't have anything that sets him apart from the others.

So:
Make bf2 come out on block for chip damage and EX safe on block.
Make df1 (I think) hit Overhead
Low trip gives a high launch
Make angle 1 -9 and have more push back

Reactions: TNS

TNS

Oops, I YOLO'd
I don't play with takeda but I messed w him. And lasher doesn't have anything that sets him apart from the others.

So:
I like the idea of bf2 coming out completely on block, but I think angle 1 should be low and probably a little more than -9 due to its range.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead

So:
Making exbf2 safe is way too good.

StealthyMuffin

Whip strike being overhead along with kunai being low is too strong. And whip strike being less punishable is just frustrating to fight against. Good players will still punish it. Everything else seems somewhat reasonable.

iAmKourageous

Breaker of Sanity
Whip strike being overhead along with kunai being low is too strong. And whip strike being less punishable is just frustrating to fight against. Good players will still punish it. Everything else seems somewhat reasonable.
Even if Whip Strike is overhead, you'll still be able to armor out of both options he has. Whip Strike as an overhead only make Lasher more viable.

StealthyMuffin

Even if Whip Strike is overhead, you'll still be able to armor out of both options he has. Whip Strike as an overhead only make Lasher more viable.
You aren't able to armor through df1 off of most strings. Even if you could armor through both, wouldn't that completely trivialize the overhead property? Having df1 be overhead would only create some dumb guessing situations for your opponent.

TNS

Oops, I YOLO'd
You aren't able to armor through df1 off of most strings. Even if you could armor through both, wouldn't that completely trivialize the overhead property? Having df1 be overhead would only create some dumb guessing situations for your opponent.
Depends if the start up frames are changed slightly which will happen if it becomes an overhead, plus if you end up getting hit by the df1, its -3 and it doesn't do that much damage unlike the low kunai which is hella plus so if Takeda tries anything, a simple d1 will stuff anything, unless he decides to spend a bar. The move is borderline unusable in higher levels of play.

Of course I don't know how it would actually turn out but I don't see that much harm in it being an overhead.

Last edited:

iAmKourageous

Breaker of Sanity
When it all comes down to it, without that overhead Lasher doesn't have any type of a mixup that's needed to be viable in this game. If you block Low Kunai your able to jump/back dash away from whatever he does next. And even if they make Whip Strike overhead, it's -3 on hit so it's not that big of a deal.

StealthyMuffin

Depends if the start up frames are changed slightly which will happen if it becomes an overhead, plus if you end up getting hit by the df1, its -3 and it doesn't do that much damage unlike the low kunai which is hella plus so if Takeda tries anything, a simple d1 will stuff anything, unless he decides to spend a bar. The move is borderline unusable in higher levels of play.

Of course I don't know how it would actually turn out but I don't see that much harm in it being an overhead.
When it all comes down to it, without that overhead Lasher doesn't have any type of a mixup that's needed to be viable in this game. If you block Low Kunai your able to jump/back dash away from whatever he does next. And even if they make Whip Strike overhead, it's -3 on hit so it's not that big of a deal.
Fair enough.