What's new

laos wiff punisher?

have not seen this on forums so wat do u guys use? 21 or ex spin? i want to wiff punish a d1. For example, i don't know what to use to wiff punish if a roll hits i can ex spin thats the most consistent i've had. I know that u can spin wiffed strings.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
That's not combo-able though. Even if f3 hits, spin can be blocked, unless they're in the air of course.

21 should punish anyone's whiffed d1 except Kitana's. It has surprisingly long range.[/quotebut doesn't that whiff high, why not just gain ground, so you can start your footsies and counter poke, with stuff like d4, 21 or 24 or grab? Once again im just starting out with lao, but I do know a little about him from fighting him alot.

That's not combo-able though. Even if f3 hits, spin can be blocked, unless they're in the air of course.

21 should punish anyone's whiffed d1 except Kitana's. It has surprisingly long range.
21 doesnt have that great of a range imo 24 has a MUCH better range, also the 2 whiffs on neutral crouch so I dont know if the second hit is faster than a second d1 or if they can already block it. they can probably block the 21.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
21 doesnt have that great of a range imo 24 has a MUCH better range, also the 2 whiffs on neutral crouch so I dont know if the second hit is faster than a second d1 or if they can already block it. they can probably block the 21.
That's what I was thinking and if they are close enough to do a D1 couldn't you do a D3, 2,4 to start a mix-up or pressure. not dismissing that 2,1 might be better, but just thinking it may not be ideal we need UsedForGlue

if its a poke youre whiff punishing they can interrupt the 24 even if you get the advantage from the d3. f2 is also good, not fastr but people often dont block high against lao and it has great range. I would use f3 against poke whiffing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I never would use 21 Spin, but I would hit confirm just incase of the block.

When I am unsure I will use 24 Grab, as its only -1 on block, and if the grab connects, I just use the regular knock down to stay close.

And I am usually character specific with his punish, I use 24 grab on cage because if the 2(1) wiffs, you give cage his op again.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Does 21 work on punishing blocked teles like smoke/noobs? Often times when I go for 112 it whiffs and they block. Lol I'm a Lao noob

Does 21 work on punishing blocked teles like smoke/noobs? Often times when I go for 112 it whiffs and they block. Lol I'm a Lao noob
21 is fast enough to wait for them to land completely and still punish. and it is higher damage also, 112 is for hitconfirm, 21 is to punish.