What's new

Lao's 2 vs. Sektor's 1

Which move is more versatile/better...Lao's 2 or Sektor's 1?

• Lao's standing 2

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Sektor's standing 1

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
In a rather friendly discussion about both of these moves, the question came up about which move is actually better in mk9. Vote and discuss please.

The argument was made to me that sektor's standing 1 is a footsie tool while lao's standing 2 is not.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................x infinite

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The argument was made to me that sektor's standing 1 is a footsie tool while lao's standing 2 is not.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................x infinite
Trickylizard tried that under his hidey on a different thread and still doesn't get it at all.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I voted Lao's by remembering how many matches I lost because of each of those.
Sektor's 1...maybe 3 or 4
Lao's 2. Every single last other one of them.

standing 2 is a special mid as well. sektors standing 1 is just a high. literally the only thin standing 1 has over stand 2 is that it is 1 frame faster. Which doesn't even matter in 95% of the matchups.

coolwhip

Noob
This isn't even close. Lao's 2 is obviously better.

A better question is:

Lao's 2 or Cage's F3
Cage's F3, since it's a true mid, leads to sort of a guessing game (whether he'll just do F3, F33, F33b3, etc), is advancing, and is a FAR better counter-poking tool. It's also much easier to confirm into a full combo if you do F33 (most 21's on hit aren't even hit confirmed).

Lao's standing 2 is faster and is a great anti air tool, but Cage's F3 might legit be the best normal in the game.