What's new

Lao is Johnnys best cameo

Roosta

Noob
It seems like there is an OS for EX-Parry with some gaps. I dunno how to describe the inputs other than 'mashing/buffering the directional during the first hits of string on block, and then feathering the button input + unblock/block)' where the gap is. Can only assume it would apply to all armor specials as well?

If they stagger the string it won't come out, if they complete string you will ex-parry and depending on string get a full punish. I'm not sure how this works but must be something to do with the input buffer? I can do it consistently in the lab....

Surprised I'm not seeing more EX-parry, it's really good.

Roosta

Noob
Also I have no idea how people are doing it, but there must be some tech to upblock JC's 212 100% while still being able to blow the low. Played some people who are able to block the low as well as upblock the overhead 100% of the time. When I try to just tap down and then hold upblock it doesn't work...but I highly doubt ppl are able to react to the low?

Edit: never mind...you just need to be holding crouch block at start of string and u have plenty of time to react and unblock for the OH.

Remember when everyone was complaining about Johnny's mix? lol

Last edited:
Also I have no idea how people are doing it, but there must be some tech to upblock JC's 212 100% while still being able to blow the low. Played some people who are able to block the low as well as upblock the overhead 100% of the time. When I try to just tap down and then hold upblock it doesn't work...but I highly doubt ppl are able to react to the low?

Edit: never mind...you just need to be holding crouch block at start of string and u have plenty of time to react and unblock for the OH.

Remember when everyone was complaining about Johnny's mix? lol
That was bad players and scrubs, it’s the staggers people complain about, you can open them up for a full 212 with staggers,or doing 21-21-grab, people have been clipped by 4 thinking I’m going to stagger 21-grab or do another 21, or been dunked by 212 for trying to mash poke thinking a stagger is coming.

You have to be more creative when you get to higher levels in KL/against better opponents. But absolutely at lower levels people are treating it as a true 50/50 and not upblocking or armoring the gap.

Immortal

Blind justice....
On higher level JC is trully a cancer to fight against. Sure, you can upblock 212 but like it was already explained its not the scary thing, he can mix u up in so many ways...you're guessing or eating chip. Not to mention phasing throu... I will be suprised if they don't tone him down in several areas in first balance patch.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I don't want him to get nuked but something needs to change lol. He has too much of everything. My favorite thing is that on top of everything else, he has a 6f d1. Why? Makes it kind of ridiculous for characters with mediocre speed mids to actually take their turn back even when they make the correct read on a stagger - the risk reward is way off.

On higher level JC is trully a cancer to fight against. Sure, you can upblock 212 but like it was already explained its not the scary thing, he can mix u up in so many ways...you're guessing or eating chip. Not to mention phasing throu... I will be suprised if they don't tone him down in several areas in first balance patch.
Oh absolutely, they are going to make him unviable and somebody else will take his place in the tier list and this will just start all over again I stated before it’s like this in every NRS game.

Eating chip? Chip from what? Are you talking about Johnny without cyrax here?

I don't want him to get nuked but something needs to change lol. He has too much of everything. My favorite thing is that on top of everything else, he has a 6f d1. Why? Makes it kind of ridiculous for characters with mediocre speed mids to actually take their turn back even when they make the correct read on a stagger - the risk reward is way off.
If sub zeros any indication, this characters going to be horrible after the next patch lol he’s going to be even worse when they get more characters in the game who can zone and have disjointed hitboxes on their pokes. Can only hope nrs restores him to this iteration before all is said and done with the game.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
If sub zeros any indication, this characters going to be horrible after the next patch lol he’s going to be even worse when they get more characters in the game who can zone and have disjointed hitboxes on their pokes. Can only hope nrs restores him to this iteration before all is said and done with the game.
I mean this iteration is too much. Definitely don't want him totally axed but he needs to be ever-so-slightly tuned

I mean this iteration is too much. Definitely don't want him totally axed but he needs to be ever-so-slightly tuned
When has nrs ever so slightly tuned anyone? lol they have a history of nuking top tier characters and buffing low mid tier characters into absurd tier, I expect Johnny to get nerfed into the ground and Sub Zero to get buffed into obscene tier with everyone complaining about how ridiculous he is immediately.

Nitara will probably get crazy buffs as well making her busted.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I cant believe Johnny went unscathed in the first balance patch LOL
What are your suggestions for him? I really think he was the most overrated of the perceived top characters, and Cyrax synergy was the main reason why he was so oppressive. Maybe nrs are learning to wait and observe before destroying anything. Except with Baraka lol.

His second best kameo is probably Lao, which while good, is full of exploitable gaps when combined with Cage.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What are your suggestions for him? I really think he was the most overrated of the perceived top characters, and Cyrax synergy was the main reason why he was so oppressive. Maybe nrs are learning to wait and observe before destroying anything. Except with Baraka lol.

His second best kameo is probably Lao, which while good, is full of exploitable gaps when combined with Cage.
Im convinced KL is his best kameo simply because he never has to do 212 at all unless its hit confirmed. You can stagger for days with low hat plus his already insane frame adv.

And Stryker since day 1 was absolutely ignored (minus some here) for some baffling reason I think this is his 2nd best with Kano as the 3rd

I honestly love JC and just surprised being so popular and dominant in tourneys there were no changes. Cyrax absolutely was the main issue I dont disagree.

Roosta

Noob
yeah so I was wrong, KL seems to be the best overall. I've run into a couple JC/Sectors in ranked which also seems very good.