What's new

Breakthrough Lantern BNBs Optimized?

Grashi

Noob
Hi, guys. I'm back with things you all probably know, but I couldn't exactly find a lot of this on the forum...

What I'm really looking for here is to be proven wrong. So, let's begin.

I've recently returned to Injustice after the idea of FADC cancels and fooled around with some trait combos with lantern and I may have found the best possible way get damage with 1 bar. or well...discovered without any help for my own gain.

Basically, what I am account for it hitstun decay and proration. I've come to the conclusion that Lantern's might is utter garbage in terms of a combo starter simply because it's 3 hits. Yes, you can wallbounce of off of it, but Oa's missile is only 2 hits. AND does more damage. Meterburned off of 223 (I've watched the stance specific video, and the explosion from the meterburn works regardless of which stance) you CAN get your wallbounce. (save the 2% or so you'd lose from missing the first hit of Oa's missile.)

So. I've come to the conclusion that Oa's missile into trait up is probably the best way to go about damage. As it has little hitstun decay, and barely prorates your combo.

After training for a few hours (4-5) I've found the following:

Starters:
1 2 - OM MB - B1 3 - Trait - LM - 223 - LM 35/36% (depending on if the second hit of 2 connects)
You can opt out of the 3 to land minigun, OM or charge for positional advantage at the cost of a % or two

1 2 - OM MB - F3 - B1 3 - Trait - LM -223 -LM 40%
The reason this works is due to the height of lantern's F3. it catches the opponent as they fly over him. You must input it BEFORE they make it over your head in order to land it. The game then auto correct lantern to finish the combo.

Update: 1 2 - OM MB - F3 - j2 - B1 3 - Trait - LM -223 -LM 42%

2 2 3 - OM MB - B3 - B1 3 - Trait - LM - 223 -LM 36%
Same scenario as before, except you can opt out of the B3 and just go for B1 3 for 2% less damage, but a more lenient confirm window.

2 2 - OM MB - F3 - B1 3 - trait - LM - 223 - LM 40%
This is perhaps the best way to go about a punish. Opting out of the 3 at the start allows you to close the distance jsut enough for them to fly over you and make confirming the combo a bit easier. And it leaves you with enough wiggle room to extend it for an extra 5 or 6% if needed.

update: 2 2 - OM MB - F3 - j2 - B1 3 - trait - LM - 223 - LM 42%

F2 D1 - OM MB - B1 3 - Trait - LM - 223 - LM 34%
In this case, F2 D1 actually leads into trait. While you dont need rocket near the start, you can still use it later in the combo for a bit less damage as it would have scaled by then

B2 3 - OM MB - F3 - B1 3 - Trait - LM - 223 - LM - 42%
Again, you can change the last few attacks for positional advantage. This is perhaps the best bet if you're ever able to get close enough.

Update: B2 3 - OM MB - F3 - j2 - B1 3 - Trait - LM - 223 - LM - 45%

so, let me know what you guys think. The way it's organized is so that a jump in can still be used to increase the overall damage and not hurt it in its current form. It probably won't be worth a meter burn at the later stages. At best, remove the F3 and MB the first LM after the trait to go for something in the background or whatnot. As using the MB on the first will mean you cannot have your ground bounce for the finisher.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow, never thought of trying f3 after MB OR on the ground. Can you get a j2 in? Or is the decay too much?

Grashi

Noob
Hm. You actually can. I didn't think of that. 1 2 - OR MB - J2 - B1 3 - Trait - 2 2 3 actually deals MORE damage. Granted, if you've done a jump in before hand, you'd get slightly more.

In fact, 2 2 - OR - MB - J2 - B1 3 - trait - 2 2 3 deals even more. and shockingly, the second jump in doesn't scale the combo too hard. 'll update the post.

THTB

This is huge on GL after his damage nerfs. Good shit!

THTB

Also, with MB OR you might be able to burn it late so your f3 doesn't have to be as strict. I don't have my game next to me, so I'm not able to test. But check and see if you can do that.

Grashi

Noob
You can. But if you delay it toomuch, they won't bounce behind you sometimes. If they don't bounce behind you, you can't follow it up with trait.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Good shit! I have been messing around with switching out LM for OM in a few of my combos. It is really nice to see a bunch of them on here now.

Dan

KomboMaker
Nice to read that man. 4%-8% than the average damage I was doing is awesome! Thanks.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
22 EX rocket, f3, j2, b13, trait, lift, 223, ender is going to be my punish combo from now on.

I don't think I'll get many opportunities to use it, but still. I'll try and hit confirm into it but it's much trickier than just doing 223 whatever.

The timing and spacing is stricter on the smallest hitbox characters causing occasional random whiffs too which kind of sucks.

Know I am late to this but g.l is a walking bread n butter, literally any non 2/3 or more screen hit can lead to a combo. But here is a list of a few that are either very simple or need to know.
223, lantern might-mb , b3 , j2 , 223 , lantern might 35% 1m
F3 , d2 , j2, b13, trait cancel lantern might, 223 lantern might. 29% no meter
J3, b23, oa rocket-mb, b23, lantern might-mb, b3, 223, lantern might. 52% no trait 2m
Those are 3 practical combos, got plenty more but g.l damage for 0-2m no interactives generally range from 30-61% which is why turbine teching is so crucial to getting good with him, and why adding interactive are needed for that extra kick to 80%. Hope it helps.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Meterburned off of 223 (I've watched the stance specific video, and the explosion from the meterburn works regardless of which stance
You can only hit Catwoman with 223 OA MB if you start the combo in open stance... closed stance you will whiff and waste your meter:confused: . It's probably also going to whiff on the other small hitbox characters like KF, HG, and Flash (can't test now, but @KT_Smith tried it on KF...) I know you are just hitting them with the explosion and not the actual rocket but yes it still whiffs from closed stance.

Still a good post and nice combos though.

P.S. there is no hitstun deterioration in this game, just gravity increase.

Grashi

Noob
Aye. The gravity is what I'm referring to. It works similar to hitstun. They get heavier. Since you can't air tech, you know...

EDIT: Thanks for all the positive feedback guys :D

Someone told me to put more low meter combos from f3 so:
F3 , j3-delayed slightly, b13, trait cancel lantern's might, 223 lantern's might. 34% no meter , yes you can add to it with meter for 5-6% more.
F3, b23, oa rocket-mb, b23, planter might-mb , 223 lantern's might. 43% 2m (saves trait to do first combo on mix up)

Grashi

Noob
From F3, I accounted for those. He has a lot of meterless combos that he can get simply from trait canceling, and it's worth noting that they are indeed useful because of how good his trait is. The issue I find is that once you finish your Combo..lantern's might is the only thing that gets them near you. Which means B1 3 is really the only thing you can do to catch them on wakeup unless you just dash/walk in and jump or something. The issue there is that...B1 3 doesn't give many combos that are worth using the meter for because from it, you can either special cancel or maybe hit with a D2. but the damage (and the time it takes) isn't as useful as if you had gotten a lot more damage on the first time around, and then settled for 25-30% for the oki.

However..They're still worth noting :D F3 J.2 B23 OR MB is the highest damaging starter I found so far. But off of F3, you're better off just going for a trait combo. Your Meter burned attack is too far in the combo to be worth it.

Its sad but no meter or interactions I don't think g.l can go pass 35% besides unforseen corner tech. And if you want to set a true mixup finish all long combos with 223 turbine wiff, the wiff puts you in prime cross up position for f3,b1 or whatever. I was so depressed when other people started playing copycat online but it can't be helped, its still useful always keep them guessing, grab even.

And just because no one put the combo on here
3/4 screen in 1 m combo. Starts with b3 which is still possible.
B3, j2- delayed, j2, b13, lantern's might-ex, j2, 223. (Do not do lantern's might at the end or it was all for nothing, unless its like Atlantis and free interactive and your opponent no meter to b3 ex. ) 35%
Can be optimized at b13, by trait cancel lantern's might but too strict midgame for most. Unless your name is Justin Wong or something. But it is 34% no meter that way.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
22 EX rocket, f3, j2, b13, trait, lift, 223, ender is going to be my punish combo from now on.

I don't think I'll get many opportunities to use it, but still. I'll try and hit confirm into it but it's much trickier than just doing 223 whatever.

The timing and spacing is stricter on the smallest hitbox characters causing occasional random whiffs too which kind of sucks.
You can NJ3 after OA (mb) into b+13 trait for more dmg.