What's new

Landing B3 after Czar Throw Tip

Hey guys! So I know a lot of people are still having a hard time landing B3 after MB Grab consistently and I wanted to write a detailed explanation on how I do it. I land this 100% of the time now! If you follow these directions, you shouldn't miss B3 again.

So first of all, notice when you walk backwards with Lobo, he brings both his hands up and does a "come over here" gesture with his hands (which I think is probably the most badass walking back animation in the game!) Practice doing a couple of MB Grab and hold BACK so that when the Czar grab animation is finished, you will see Lobo bring his hands up and walk backwards. Remember the timing on when his hands come back up after the Czar throw because this is the most CRUCIAL part.

With that being said, after you do the MB Grab, hold BACK and wait for him to finish the Czar grab animation. The very second you THINK his hands are going to come back up is when you hit 3. You seriously only have split second to do this. If you wait too long and his hands come up, you will miss the B3. If you do B3 too early, nothing comes out. The trick is to hit B3 right when you think his hands will come back up, thats the small window to land B3.

Let me know if this helps and I guarantee you're percentage of landing B3 has gotten better :)

Tip Variation 2!!!

If you are still having a hard time with the above method, this version is A LOT easier (depending on how attentive you are.)

During the Czar throw, when Lobo slams the opponent to the ground after MB, hit B3 immediately after the opponent has peaked in their bounce off the ground and has started to descend downwards. So not when the opponent is in the peak of the bounce but the split second they are starting to fall back down is when to hit B3.

I feel this is a lot easier so give it a try and let me know if this helps!

I actually recommend everyone start off by using variation 2 since it is much easier. I posted the first one because I've seen and studied the czar throw a hundred times and know when the animation is about to end to hit the b3 perfectly but it's not for everyone.

I'd like to know if this technique is actually helping people land their b3 better

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Tip Variation 2!!!

If you are still having a hard time with the above method, this version is A LOT easier (depending on how attentive you are.)

During the Czar throw, when Lobo slams the opponent to the ground after MB, hit B3 immediately after the opponent has peaked in their bounce off the ground and has started to descend downwards. So not when the opponent is in the peak of the bounce but the split second they are starting to fall back down is when to hit B3.

this is the method I used since he came out and it works well for me.

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
Tip Variation 2!!!

You're my freaking hero. I've never been able to land the B3 after Czar throw before reading this and now I'm landing well over 50% in less than 30 seconds of trying. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You're my freaking hero. I've never been able to land the B3 after Czar throw before reading this and now I'm landing well over 50% in less than 30 seconds of trying. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Haha thanks bro. It took me an hour to figure out the most consistent way that I can reiterate it back on this forum and I think watching the opponent drop is probably the easiest. After hitting it a couple of times, the timing is relatively easy.

Btw, Michael Scott ftw lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
You also can double tap the 3 to make it more consistent. I do that with hawkgirl and Derpstroke and i almost never miss the links to b3.
Basically use the visual cue Howl mentioned, then while you're holding back double tap 3 and the back 3 pretty much always comes out.

Think I found a bug guys. A wall bounce "dud"

Go to Aquamans map in training.
Move your opponent all the way to the far right of the map (his back should be against the aquarium wall) from there input the following combo:

f3, b2u1, 113 xx mb czar, then b3 (you will notice he does not bounce back to you) instead he lands flat across the screen floor.

You get 40% (without nuke shell) but it could had gone further if your practice dummy would had bounced off the wall and came back to you for another string or whatever.

Is this normal? Or is this indeed a bug? (a wall bounce that doesn't bounce basically)

REGARDING LANDING THE B3 100%:
Shoryuken forum member SpecterLight completely figured it out. It works 100% for me. I had to practice it a minute because there were hints of touch and go when it would work and when it wouldn't. Once I got the tempo down, easy peasy. Below is his post:

"'Sup Bastiches?!
I think I figured out a way to get B+3 from Czar Toss consistently and there is a slight Easter Egg involved... Let me 'splain it to you...

Basically you want to be pressing the inputs b and 3 at the exact same time right as your opponent is reaching the apex (Highest point) of the bounce. That's when the input is necessary. This should help you get the timing down. If you input back a hair before 3 it won't come out. By doing it at the exact same time, you will learn the timing. It's definitely strict, no doubts there. If you have pressed the inputs as they are starting to fall, it won't work. You have to hit the inputs at the top of the bounce or as close as you can get it.

An easier way, and this is where the "easter egg" comes in, is to be aiming or timing it so that the shotgun BLAST, not the gun, but the blast is nearly level with their Nether-regions (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk). Basically like you're shooting them in the nards. (The easter egg being that Lobo would be the type to just cold shoot somebody in their nards)"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah, the easiest way is to just watch when Lobo returns to neutral. You don't even have to hold back to do it that way; the instant he goes from the recovery animation to neutral you hit b3 and it'll connect.

Yeah, the easiest way is to just watch when Lobo returns to neutral. You don't even have to hold back to do it that way; the instant he goes from the recovery animation to neutral you hit b3 and it'll connect.
Guys you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I'm not having a problem connecting b3 after the czar. lol.
The problem is, the body of my practice dummy is not bouncing back to me after I connect the b3 wall bounce. Re read my post :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I'm not having a problem connecting b3 after the czar. lol.
The problem is, the body of my practice dummy is not bouncing back to me after I connect the b3 wall bounce. Re read my post :)
I wasn't replying to your post :p

BGMD

Noob
f3, b2u1, 113 xx mb czar, then b3 (you will notice he does not bounce back to you) instead he lands flat across the screen floor.

You get 40% (without nuke shell) but it could had gone further if your practice dummy would had bounced off the wall and came back to you for another string or whatever.

Is this normal? Or is this indeed a bug? (a wall bounce that doesn't bounce basically)
You can't use b3 after you already used f3 in a combo, b3 will just land your opponent to the ground. It's a nice ender if you need unclashable damage tho.

You can't use b3 after you already used f3 in a combo, b3 will just land your opponent to the ground. It's a nice ender if you need unclashable damage tho.
Just learned something new. Thanks.
Makes sense for balance purposes I suppose.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Tip Variation 2!!!

THIS. Also, be sure you TAP the 3 button as holding it will charge the move. Playing on a stick, I found that just a quick tap has made it more consistent to land.