What's new

Kurtis Stryker: Hopes Going Forward (Speculation/Discussion)

Wwe is a big show, almost like theater, they gotta sell us the fighting and drama. Cena's been in the bussines a long time now, so naturally he is going to be better at it. Now, is it Oscar worthy? Yeah, no.
And the Acadamy Award for best male lead actor goes to....

...André the Giant

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Stryker is Hsu Hao level, he is part of the rejected MK characters group, among the very last appreciated chars created for MK franchise .... he is bland and lame as fuck .... I give props to NRS to try to reciclate him for the new era in MK9, but, he is the type of MK characters that , IMO, can sit out forever from MK franchise series, so, very few people will miss him in MK11. :p

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You're not the only one, I would love him in this game. I don't see why he couldn't be DLC and they could give him some baton attacks since Cassie has none this time around so we can get that satisfying twack sound back XD

I've never particularly liked Stryker, and as of MKX, I actually think that he's become obsolete.

But I'm open to being convinced otherwise. So I have two questions for Stryker fans.

1. What role do you guys think he could play in the story that isn't already filled by other characters?

2. How would you justify keeping his toolkit exclusively in the "police kit" theme, when the only four non-supernatural humans as of MKX, Sonya, Jacqui, Jax, and Takeda, are 1) in Sonya's case known for her leadership more than her fighting ability, and 2) use sci-fi tech and cybernetics to give themselves a fighting chance? Or would you like to see his kit expanded to keep him on equal footing with the present day MK universe? And if so, to what?
I'd replace Takeda with someone like Kano maybe? He has mind reading, teleport, and I think his blade recall is telekenesis

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I'd replace Takeda with someone like Kano maybe? He has mind reading, teleport, and I think his blade recall is telekenesis
Oh yeah, forgot the mind reading and telekinesis, good call! Don't think the teleport is canon though.

Kano uses sci-fi tech though, so he doesn't count either.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I don’t want to see Cena as Stryker lol. If Stryker fans are wrestling fans and like the combo then that’s cool but I don’t like it personally. Voice acting I wouldn’t care. It works with Tagawa because he is Shang Tsung. To me it would look like John cena in a MK game, not Stryker in an mk game.

All of Stryker's character has been stolen and used on other characters so he now has nothing unique to himself except a taser. Grenades, guns, batons have been given to the Special Forces characters so his whole character has lost anything special so they can push their other kharacters.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Truth be told, I always felt like if I had to choose between Mokap and Stryker I’d just go with Street Fighter instead, but that was a god tier post (from a god tier poster) and everybody needs a training dummy anyway so ya sold me, bruh. I’d sign the petition.

Espio

Kokomo
I would rather not have anymore guys/gals with guns in the game. No shade.
Totally understandable and reasonable opinion, thank you for that.

I don’t want to see Cena as Stryker lol. If Stryker fans are wrestling fans and like the combo then that’s cool but I don’t like it personally. Voice acting I wouldn’t care. It works with Tagawa because he is Shang Tsung. To me it would look like John cena in a MK game, not Stryker in an mk game.
Truth be told, I would be A okay if his actor from 9 came back or someone else, I'm just rooting for whatever option will get me Stryker in the game because while I don't much care for John Cena, I also don't mind him or his voice/personality.

Although to be fair a lot of people made the joke for years of MK9 Stryker looking like him lol.

Never liked Stryker. But he is alone will smoke both Cassie and Jacque. He is alone times cooler than these kids.
I hope you get your queen, she deserve her champagne supernova shine :).

I had way too much fun with Stryker in MK9, I think they can take new directions with him without making another "pistol only character".
Thanks, it was a good read, and now I want him back for MK11 :D

Last edited: