What's new

Kurrencies in MK1

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So....I had a fantastic day yesterday. I took the day off work and fired up MK1 EXACTLY at 1pm. Upon starting the game up and finally connecting to the server (and several shots and beers later), I decided to check out the shop. I saw a bunch of cool items for purchase and I wanted to start grabbing stuff. Considering my excitement and BAC, dropping another $40 didn't seem like a big deal and I'd be able to buy whatever I wanted in the shop! Well, I thought so at least.

Dragon Krystals appear to only allow you to buy the daily items? Is that correct? The character specific items were selling for silver Koins, it looked like. Where are these silver Koins obtained?

Is there anywhere that shows all the different Kurrencies in game and where to get them? I absolutely love the game so far, I'm just so sick every game having 18 fucking different types of in-game currency. Wouldn't one be just fine? I spent $40 and there wasn't anything I actually wanted that could be purchased with Dragon Krystals. Yes....I know, I should have paid more attention and I'm sure there will be plenty of items coming that I'll grab from the krystal shop.

Is Invasion mode where I grab the silver to buy the character specific stuff like the cool Reiko helmets and what not?

Yes, I received those silver koins through invasion. I just completed the Johnny Cage tutorial mansion and I think i'm half way through the second area. I already farmed 5000 silver koins. I've spend like 2k on Mileena, still have like 3k left.

You also get those silver koins for completing daily and weekly missions. Like "Have 10 successful blocks." Reward 250 silver koins, or something.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think it works like this.
  • Silver Koins are "Seasonal Koins" and reset when the season changes... I'm not sure but I think that is when the invasion changes as well. You earn them in towers, online ranked, quests, but mostly in invasion. These do not change all season and are not two hard to get, but there is a lot of characters, so much buying to get them all. I have also gotten some season items from random drops. Like the current sindel crown I already owned.
  • The other ruby things you buy for real cash buy timed items in the store. These are pretty cool and drastically changed skins and they come in packs so you get a bunch of colour variants as well. There are other smaller items on a different timer as well.
  • Gold koins you earn pretty much when doing anything. These can be used in two places. Inside invasion at the game in there to buy invasion consumable items. As far as I know, the rest can only be used in the offering bowl for random loot.

Last edited: