What's new

Kung Lao Disscussion, Strats and Tech

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Kung Lao forums dont have a thread dedicated to this, figured i start one myself.

Found some new info today. A f2 will hit Kitana out of her Ass Boost. This can be used to make it much harder for Kitana to ass boost out of the corner.

MK_Al

Noob
Regarding the Kitana wakeups (sry. don't know the correct move names):
Its not 100% reliable since I have no one to test this. But it seems like you can hit her out of all her wakeup attempts. In general, these moves work, while not every move works on every wakeup:

d4, d4+ground hat, uppercut, F4 and obviously F2

Pretty Kick low and Ass Boost have a long startup, so they can be punished with a lot of moves. Pretty Kick at least with F2, F4 and a well timed uppercut, Ass boost with F4 and F2
Fan Lift, Pretty Kicks high can be punished with lowering the hitbox (d4+ground hat, uppercut).
Certain ex moves (EX Fan Lift and EX Fan Hit as well as regular Fan hit) need to be countered with at least 2 hits (d4+ground hat).

It'd be nice if someone would try it out and make a list. Unfortunately I can't, since it'd take half my life waiting for the KI to do the right wakeup move :(

Now that I think about it, I'm sure you can punish a lo of wakeups with the moves above.

MK_Al

Noob
Why not just use spin?
Not sure about the spin. Basically wakeups beat specials, even x-rays. The reason why you can punish her Ass Boost is because 1) it doesn't attack you if you dont jump and 2) because F2 and F4 hit her pretty late, obviously right after her invincible frames are gone. Not sure if the spin can do this, but it's check worthy. The reason d4/d4+ground hat work on certain wakeups is because KLs hitbox is to low to get hit by her attack, so here the spin will be punished. Spin might work on the Pretty Kick low as is't really slow and the invincible frames might be gone when is't about to hit (but who uses that anyway).
On a second thought I wouldn't spin anyway since it's far to risky.
As I said, I managed to kick her out of all her wakeups with different techniques, but I'm not at the point to say all this is 100% reliable since I have no partner to test at the moment.