What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
He telegraphs his Teleport now. I'd like to say that that will eliminate some of the whining but we all know that won't happen. Overall I'm quite happy with what I saw though.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Great Kung Lao stance? With options inc aerial multi-punch telekinetic extender circa mk9 ermac? Ok, ok... well played NRS. He’s another definite maybe.

I’ve wanted inclusion of GKL somehow since the live action series. This roster is absolutely gorram gurnworthy.

Edit better be in a comp var

He looks sick. Damn NRS, how do you manage to bring so many new and awesome stuff to already awesome and old characters ?

His sweep is godlike, I love it !

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
He looks so damn cool again. Flair for days and the stance is bad ass. Love the way the hat is incorporated into a lot of moves too.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I am really impressed by what they did with the character this time around
I mean his stance, the great kung lao stuff
The animations (his fists are way faster than they were in mkx lol)
Liu Kang and Kung Lao look nearly flawless in this game and i think these are the characters im gonna focus on

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
of all three showed today, Kung Lao seems the more incredible one, dude is a beast, a hit punch machine ! :D

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Revenant - indeed looks good. But the classic version? I really have the feeling that it's somehow unfinished or unpolished. In comparison to Liu Kang he looks just bland. Even his face mimic which was so 'awesome' (well, everything is) for Tyler. And despite I find Kung Lao not that much releveant to the story, I have to admit that gameplay-wise NRS is doing great job! Coolest thing was the spirit of Great Kung Lao. Yea, that was something!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
This is the first MK ever that I have seen something Kung Lao did and actually been like "oh wow holy shit he looks like a badass". His basic jump animation makes me jealous that everyone's isn't that unique. Looks soooo slick. Loving his new Tele-Throw animation and that GKL stance? Just damn.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
He has a dive kick, tele-throw, and GKL projectile stance. My buddy will main him and my Scorpion will have his work cut out for him BIG TIME! LMAO.