What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung lao Changes discussion

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I also find that people now choose to poke after a blocked EX Hat spin, knowing that at worst they are getting hit with a d4. To counter this, I like to take a step back and whiff punish their poke with F23 or b321, depending on if I am midscreen or in the corner respectively. You will get your hat back in time to do a regular combo, and it conditions your opponent to stop pressing buttons. This eliminates one potential option your opponent could use to counter your pressure.

Meep8345

Noob
welp, i pretty much gave up lao :/, now its either SQ dvorah or A-list johnny cage i'll be using, u.u.
How is his pressure a gimmick now? Staggers aren't really a gimmick unless you know something I don't. Also he is +7 from ex hat, he can technically jail a d1 but even if you can't ex hat is still good because it forces them to do something whether it be poke,armor, or backdash. 11 is also +1 now so even if staggers are nothing but a gimmick somehow then he still has a 50/50 there between throw/block/d1. He also has 33% armor where your in a 50/50 between meaty/throw. That 50/50 can end up doing 45-70% dmg depending on whether you do meaty or throw.

He isn't that bad , but on the bright side people think poking after +7 is fine now lmao , So free d4s for the most part , he's probably around high mid now.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
How is his pressure a gimmick now? Staggers aren't really a gimmick unless you know something I don't. Also he is +7 from ex hat, he can technically jail a d1 but even if you can't ex hat is still good because it forces them to do something whether it be poke,armor, or backdash. 11 is also +1 now so even if staggers are nothing but a gimmick somehow then he still has a 50/50 there between throw/block/d1. He also has 33% armor where your in a 50/50 between meaty/throw. That 50/50 can end up doing 45-70% dmg depending on whether you do meaty or throw.
11 was always +1 and d1 is 8frames so no u cant jail a d1

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
how do u end up doing 45-70% damage? lol

just saying, unless they roll back the hat nerf or buff hat trick, lao is no longer my pressure character because i preferred the way his gameplan worked before. u.u

@just_2swift ill play against your lao, you think the connection will hold up though? :DOGE

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

No idea if this is known but you can connect 44 after f23 midscreen for 35%
. You have to do a slight run cancel but it's not that hard
try this on scorpion, if you can't do it, then is a DLC specific combo, it will also work, on bo rai cho, predator, alien, leather face.

Meep8345

Noob
how do u end up doing 45-70% damage? lol

just saying, unless they roll back the hat nerf or buff hat trick, lao is no longer my pressure character because i preferred the way his gameplan worked before. u.u

@just_2swift ill play against your lao, you think the connection will hold up though? :DOGE
Did you even read it? After you do ex spin that does 33% dmg then because you have a knockdown you have a mixup between meaty or throw. If you throw them then you got 45% dmg, if you do a meaty and they neutral duck trying to read the throw you get 68% dmg from that. It puts you in a really good position and because of that most players need to bait ex spin most of the time. That makes him amazing at stopping pressure just because of ex spin it's the same concept as Ryu having 2 bars and ultra 1 where he can Srk FADC u1. It's a huge threat that can cost you the game if you aren't careful. He has the best armor in the game dmg wise and startup wise. He's still amazing just not as dumb as before.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Did you even read it? After you do ex spin that does 33% dmg then because you have a knockdown you have a mixup between meaty or throw. If you throw them then you got 45% dmg, if you do a meaty and they neutral duck trying to read the throw you get 68% dmg from that. It puts you in a really good position and because of that most players need to bait ex spin most of the time. That makes him amazing at stopping pressure just because of ex spin it's the same concept as Ryu having 2 bars and ultra 1 where he can Srk FADC u1. It's a huge threat that can cost you the game if you aren't careful. He has the best armor in the game dmg wise and startup wise. He's still amazing just not as dumb as before.
+12 hat wasnt dumb, you still had options,just it demanded more respect. but whatever

try this on scorpion, if you can't do it, then is a DLC specific combo, it will also work, on bo rai cho, predator, alien, leather face.
I began to think that after seeing your thread and i gave it a shot and it didnt work , but suddenly i couldnt do it on sektor either but it might be just my execution