What's new

Question - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw pressure?

Hey guys, I recently started using Lao since he clearly matches up with how I like to play.. But I don't know how to keep the pressure going? Anybody know of any good ideas to stay in my opponents face? I only know one mix up lol

mix up using b2 low hat, b22 low hat, f14, f13 low hat, f13 spin jk, divekick, 21.

If you get your string blocked you can back dash and use the range of b12 for a wiff punish unless they have a really fast and advancing string that will catch it.

coolwhip

Noob
mix up using b2 low hat, b22 low hat, f14, f13 low hat, f13 spin jk, divekick, 21.

If you get your string blocked you can back dash and use the range of b12 for a wiff punish unless they have a really fast and advancing string that will catch it.
F14 is not meant to be used in pressure. It's a combo ender that leads to a hard knockdown. It's also super punishable. It should never be used outside of a juggle state. Lao doesn't have a f13 string. It's f23, and it should mainly be used as a whiff punisher as it can be backdashed in between the the two hits or armored through. Though you can mix it up with f21~low hat to keep opponent honest, and then you can get away with a few f23~low hats.

B321 is Kung Lao's best string. And yeah, b22~low hat and b2~low hat is his one true mix-up. The way to keep pressure going is to get low hat to hit which allows you to continue your pressure, basically. Though to keep from being predictable, don't always cancel into low hats, sneak in a few tele cancels off of a block string. Use the threat to ex spin to your advantage.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@coolwhip don't always cancel into low hats, sneak in a few tele cancels off of a block string.
i found a neet trick the other day with his tele cancel off B+2 or F+21

i hit 3 very quickly then move into F+23 and if hit confirmed link on the spin to carry on combo (or after 3 off tele i B+2 into mixup or start another hit string into tele cancel)

or i hit 1 to throw

i mix this up often along with the B+2 lowhat B+22 lowhat mix up maybe a F4 in thiere when they try to jump over you to combo.

the more u mix up your safe blockstun combos the harder it will be for them to judge when their opening will be to retaliate.

anyways i catch some players off guard with some of the things i mentioned here

also if they are pressuring you so hard u cant get off B+2, dont be afriad to throw in a D+4 to stagger them back enough to get it off or better yet get some range and try to control the pace again

Last edited:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
i found a neet trick the other day with his tele cancel off B+2 or F+21

i hit 3 very quickly then move into F+23 and if hit confirmed link on the spin to carry on combo (or after 3 off tele i B+2 into mixup or start another hit string into tele cancel)

or i hit 1 to throw

i mix this up often along with the B+2 lowhat B+22 lowhat mix up maybe a F4 in thiere when they try to jump over you to combo.

the more u mix up your safe blockstun combos the harder it will be for them to judge when their opening will be to retaliate.

anyways i catch some players off guard with some of the things i mentioned here

also if they are pressuring you so hard u cant get off B+2, dont be afriad to throw in a D+4 to stagger them back enough to get it off or better yet get some range and try to control the pace again
Think you're clever, huh?