What's new

Tech - Bojutsu Kung Jin - Punishing Takeda's b2,1,2+4

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
When Takeda is playing on the ground, it's easy enough to say - block low at a distance to avoid his Kunai because his overhead is so slow that you can take a flight from Nashville to Kuwait before it connects (23 start up frames).

The only issue is his overhead can still hit you while you are in Kuwait so you have to always be prepared to block it, even when on the other side of the world (you'll see max distance, or close to it, in the second video below).

So if you're having trouble punishing Takeda's Hyperion Tree like reach, check this out!

Btw, this is The Hyperion Tree if you don't know geography, trees, or are normal and don't know the names of giant trees
Takeda's Whip = Hyperion Tree

If Takeda hits you with the overhead, he can condition you to block high and hit you with Kunais or mb teleport for pop-up and full combo.

To tell Takeda to fuck off with his bullshit, try the following punishes:

From medium to close range (to Kung Jin...which is long or out of range for nearly everybody else lol tyrannosaurus rex lookin ass), try a f2 combo punish...the frames are tight here but if you have the meter, you can punish with f2~mb bo swing, ji4~divekick, b21~bo swing for 37% (you can NOT combo f2 into bo swat...not only will it not reach, it won't combo. Also, you can not use Low Bo Swing because the second rotation isn't far enough to hit and comboing after it is next to impossible so don't do it). I also show that I am holding down block after the combo for Takeda at first so he is blocking at the SOONEST possible moment.

Sadly, Kung Jin has the second most consistent reach behind Takeda (meaning several moves have great reach instead of just one or two)...but do not worry, Kung Jin has a move that reaches across the stage. With less strict timing because at the end of your block stun you can input bf3 and he will execute it the frame that he gets out of block stun, this is a safe choice if you are at max range, you don't want to risk being off a frame or two, if you just have no meter, if you'd rather keep meter, or whatever you wanna do because it's your life and I try not to be too controlling. Once again, I am holding down block after the combo for Takeda so he is blocking at the SOONEST possible moment.

I hope this helps you punish the fuck out of Takeda and his stupid ass whips that he can use to pull down the moon like Bruce Almighty with that ridiculous reach.

Not really, he's cool and he's fucking Jacqui so good for him.

PS For Those Who Think I'm Saying Block Low The Whole Match - Don't continue to block low in neutral game if Takeda jumps, his jump mb tele hits overhead and his air spear does, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I'd say is most people I've seen play Takeda do not actually finish the last hit. They only do the first two and combo from there. So maybe punishing the second hit might be more useful. Or better yet, and OS that can punish the 2nd hit and counter the 3rd it. I'm sure it would be something involving meter.

FinalBoss_FGC

Only thing I'd say is most people I've seen play Takeda do not actually finish the last hit. They only do the first two and combo from there. So maybe punishing the second hit might be more useful. Or better yet, and OS that can punish the 2nd hit and counter the 3rd it. I'm sure it would be something involving meter.
You can't punish 2nd hit to counter 3rd, the 2nd hit has just as much hitstun as 3rd.

You can't punish 2nd hit to counter 3rd, the 2nd hit has just as much hitstun as 3rd.
This didn't sound right to me, so I checked and I was right. If you have meter, once they do the 2nd hit, you can combo them. EX db3 will punish the 2nd hit if they don't do the 3rd and if they do do the 3rd hit, EX db3 will armor through it and still get a combo.

FinalBoss_FGC

This didn't sound right to me, so I checked and I was right. If you have meter, once they do the 2nd hit, you can combo them. EX db3 will punish the 2nd hit if they don't do the 3rd and if they do do the 3rd hit, EX db3 will armor through it and still get a combo.
I'll check it in a few.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, I have too used the flying kick to punish people though surprisingly so far i haven't bumped into many Takeda's online lol. But definitely good to know and informative.

The KJ players 99% use his bojutsu variation, think I saw one person use Ancestral though he was struggling and literally nobody using Shaolin lol.