What's new

Tech - Kung Jin Kung Jin Pressure on Block

Am not sure. 343 jails. Anything 15 frames startup should jail after the arrows. 111 also jails. I havnt really tested it. Like day 8 ancestral

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
Y not use up arrow that is +15. Was in the lab with ancestral kung jin. He can do a guaranteed blockstring that does up to 10%chip if in fire quiver. Inputs - f243 ex db2 rc 221 dd1. Well it leaves u unsafe tho.
@STB CoRzz @TackyHaddock @KIllaByte
So testing this with shaolin 221 mb db2 b12 works (you can do two 221's for chip but i wouldnt chance it) but of course 221 has a gap that can be abused by armor or backdashing. Mb up arrow doesnt pushback as far as straight arrow so you can actually jail them if they dont know the gap, but if you use it too much im pretty sure they can back dash the arrow too. Im still messing with it in the lab, just figured id bring it to yalls attention. See if yall had any input on the subject.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So testing this with shaolin 221 mb db2 b12 works (you can do two 221's for chip but i wouldnt chance it) but of course 221 has a gap that can be abused by armor or backdashing. Mb up arrow doesnt pushback as far as straight arrow so you can actually jail them if they dont know the gap, but if you use it too much im pretty sure they can back dash the arrow too. Im still messing with it in the lab, just figured id bring it to yalls attention. See if yall had any input on the subject.
If they duck, the arrow will go over them. Expect full punish

FinalBoss_FGC

Shit i didnt even think about a neutral duck lol i guess kung jin isnt allowed to have any dirt.
He has plenty. Shaolin has 50/50s everywhere to go with top 3 range, low mid high and an upward projectile, an anti air up kick, safe on block on a lot of things, an armored 9 frame full screen move, one of the best njp in the game, a 5 frame divekick, a 7 frame punish that when ended (221) is safe on block (-2), the low projectile ducks high projectiles (which is most projectiles in the game), and more.

ShaoJin is dirty AF.

EDIT - Forgot about his best-in-game AA

skater11

The saltiest
Y not use up arrow that is +15. Was in the lab with ancestral kung jin. He can do a guaranteed blockstring that does up to 10%chip if in fire quiver. Inputs - f243 ex db2 rc 221 dd1. Well it leaves u unsafe tho.
Am not sure. 343 jails. Anything 15 frames startup should jail after the arrows. 111 also jails. I havnt really tested it. Like day 8 ancestral
Yeah that's old news. Been using this with ancestral. Up split shot works with f243 BLOCK(however, this string after the f2, it can be blocked ducking and up split shot will whiff) and d4(HIT) & 221 on HIT(for both d4 and 221 the up split shot will jail and opponent is forced to block it or get hit by it)not sure if they can backdash haven't done much testing with it. I'm sure there's more strings/normals on hit but haven't messed with it much.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I can't say I have tried that string too often, but have heard about others using it a few times now and am going to look into it further, thx
He has plenty. Shaolin has 50/50s everywhere to go with top 3 range, low mid high and an upward projectile, an anti air up kick, safe on block on a lot of things, an armored 9 frame full screen move, one of the best njp in the game, a 5 frame divekick, a 7 frame punish that when ended (221) is safe on block (-2), the low projectile ducks high projectiles (which is most projectiles in the game), and more.

ShaoJin is dirty AF.

EDIT - Forgot about his best-in-game AA
You're on Xbone, correct? I'm not usually a fan of mirrors, but if you're up for it I would like to play a set against you at some point. I'm trying to level up, specifically the aspect of playing more safe. You mentioned that he has a lot of safe options, but I have found his safe stuff to be pretty limited. I'd definitely like to get a set in against you to see what you're doing differently.

FinalBoss_FGC

I can't say I have tried that string too often, but have heard about others using it a few times now and am going to look into it further, thx

You're on Xbone, correct? I'm not usually a fan of mirrors, but if you're up for it I would like to play a set against you at some point. I'm trying to level up, specifically the aspect of playing more safe. You mentioned that he has a lot of safe options, but I have found his safe stuff to be pretty limited. I'd definitely like to get a set in against you to see what you're doing differently.
yes

STB CoRzz