What's new

Breakthrough - Shaolin Kung Jin KP2 Buffs/Nerfs

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Any thing on the whiffing njp? Tired of betting blown up for an njp when half of my bow goes right through their body in an air to air...
Yeah that's a known issue, has a ghost hitbox when opponents are up close, but we think NRS dI'd that intentionally

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
MB Low Chakram no longer has a backwards hurtbox. In other words, if they jump over him and remain close...the chakram used to hit them as he put it in his holster...now it doesn't.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I really have a hard time believing they'd eave Ancestral as is. This far into the games life NRS knows how this game's meta works and would at least attempt to make sure Ancestral isn't straight up bottom of the barrel. Do they think he's good, know he's bad and doesn't care, or know he's bad but don't know what to do?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
MB Low Chakram no longer has a backwards hurtbox. In other words, if they jump over him and remain close...the chakram used to hit them as he put it in his holster...now it doesn't.
interesting, I haven't even noticed that. I probably didn't notice because there always seemed to be a bit of unpredictability as to when mb low chakram would and would not connect in various situations, so its difficult to see any clear cut difference.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I really have a hard time believing they'd eave Ancestral as is. This far into the games life NRS knows how this game's meta works and would at least attempt to make sure Ancestral isn't straight up bottom of the barrel. Do they think he's good, know he's bad and doesn't care, or know he's bad but don't know what to do?
Somebody has to be the worst character

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Paulo mentioned in a twitch chat the other night that the beta is not the latest build - he seemed to be implying that we should not assume that the current beta characters are the same ones we will see in Kp2, the nerfs and buffs might actually be different.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
I'm not convinced they give a damn about Ancestral at all. They've never paid attention to it in any of the balance patches that have been released so far. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think it's likely.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Yeah that's a known issue, has a ghost hitbox when opponents are up close, but we think NRS dI'd that intentionally
That's shitty I guess. I don't know much about the hurt box on takedas njp but is his similar? I know it has the same if not better range but to do that to two "space control" spacing oriented characters would just seem like rush down is again the sole focus of mkx.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
That's shitty I guess. I don't know much about the hurt box on takedas njp but is his similar? I know it has the same if not better range but to do that to two "space control" spacing oriented characters would just seem like rush down is again the sole focus of mkx.
try using u1 against opponents jumping in that are very close, rather than NJP - you can full combo off of a successful u1 anti-air

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Does it feel like negative edge turns on at random times to yall? I have it turned off but I I get weird inputs some times. It could be me.

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
Ex chakram doesn't hit behind kung jin anymore on the way back so basically I'm dropping him it was a good run guys