What's new

Question - Ancestral Kung Jin Ancestral 50/50

Can opponents definitely react/fuzzy guard air down arrow or b12 from a jump in?

• Total voters

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
From my experience, it's viable. I use ji2 OH/mb OH arrow alot on block. OH arrow in the air is safe only right before kung jin hits the ground. I think it's safe against the whole cast but I could be wrong.

skater11

The saltiest
It certainly is viable, as it is a safe way to check your opponent with a stun arrow. BUT...it can be fuzzied, as if they were blocking b1 and f2. I would much rather only use this if I have fire arrow equipped and do EXdd4 after a deep jump in 2 so that I either get the plus frames+ chip or convert with 34 ia dive kick on hit.

skater11

The saltiest
I tried it out today and it worked pretty well. I was wrong, it's not the same fuzzy as b1 and f2. It's very tricky. I've used this many times before but never really labbed it, so I didn't know it was this good. Thanks for sharing

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
I also think that we could use this concept to add another layer to Kung Jin's vortex in the Ancestral variation... eg. 11 is plus 30ish on hit and it guarantees a f2 or b1 so after doing a combo ending with stun arrow- you load another stun arrow- jump in end combo with 11 then go for another jump in where you could do the air down arrow or b12 into stun arrow -rinse and repeat.. What you guys think?

skater11

The saltiest
How plus are you after exFire arrows from a JiP?
It varies from how deep you do the JIP cancelled into ex OH arrows. Obviously, the lower you do it, the more plus frames. You can get like 221, 111, d3, d1 to jail on block from what I remember. There might be more, but those are just some off the top of my head.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I believe that f2 is better overhead since it has 3 hits to confirm,so I am not sure.
Though I'd love to see that work.
Edit.Is there a gap between the jip and the arrow?

After about a week or two of playing ancestral, I think this variation is good and shouldn't be considered as bad. One of the problems is punishing moves when you have no stun arrow but the solution for really punishable moves like ex slide(Sub) is to use instant njp, 26% into stun arrow and mix-up. If not, I just do 343 bf4.

People say Kung Jin has no mix-ups cause they are fuzzy-able, I agree but this vid has shown another way to mix people up that is safe. I think its necessary for every ancestral player to learn ia dd2(for mixups and plus frames), ia db2 ( for zoning) and ia df2(basically for anti air reads and combos). If you do ia dd2, low enough it can't be punished and I consider it a mix-up. Also doing f2 dd2 is really good from f2's max range(can be armored tho), a lot of chars can't punish the dd2.

One of the problems of bojutsu is unsafe overhead(no big deal imo) but in ancestral you get both safe overhead and low mix-ups. One thing I found really good is using ex-arrow for pressure and breaking armor. With stun arrow, you can blow up wake-ups with ex arrows(from ia dd2 mb {leaves u at like +13 even if no wakeup comes out} or df2 mb). D4 ex df2 is also really good, especially with stun arrows.

Zoning with ia db2. From experience loading stun arrows full screen doesn't cause much threat cause your opponent might wait for you to waste it but against a character like mileena, you can react to her low sai with ia db2(stun arrow) and run in for your punish. Using fire arrow is really good - the damage and it does lots of chip(0.20 less than d2). Using the vampire arrows are also really good, stealing your opponents meter and frustrating them. Sometimes forces them to come to you and make mistakes.