What's new

KTF Ep. 5 (Screwjob) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who had the best showing at NEC 15 (Besides Sonic Fox cause broken yo)

• Relaxed State

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Revolver

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Chris G

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Slayer

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • GamerBlake

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Jupiter

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Oxygen

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • MM Gross

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Forever King

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other (anyone who you thought deserved it)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Cossner

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I think the reason that Batman players tend to beat Flash players is because the Batman players are just smarter at taking advantage of things and letting the Flash players hang themselves.
Isn't this how anyone beats flash? The character has only 1 weakness imo.

Sorry for the late response but I think I read all the points thus far related to the Flash vs Batman MU and I have some things to add.

One big thing that works in Flash's favour in this MU is that Batman's pressure includes jumping. Such as using a string, cancel into bats, j2, continue pressure, etc. Against Flash, you can't do that. The second you cancel into trait and try to do a J2, I'm gonna D2 you into a combo and set up that you can't wake up out of. Batman has to completely change his pressure in the MU which for one thing makes the MU difficult for him. Often times, to prevent putting you in that situation, you have to cut your pressure short so that certainly isn't something you want to do.

When Batman zones Flash with trait, I can dash in once or twice from full screen to close the gap. Flash also has a great forward walk speed so using that to close the gap when batman zones is effective as well. As soon as batman releases his trait, he's giving up the scare factor he has over me so sometimes that best way to deal with batman zoning is to disrespect the bat and just dash in to close the gap because you know Batman wants to hold his bats, but that's a read, it depends on the player you're facing and if you see a pattern to their zoning and when they choose to release the bats. Another thing is that since Flash's forward dash lowers/alter's his hitbox. Many times if I'm close enough, a forward dash will go under a released bat (sometimes a LC goes under a bat as well).

Many Batman players like to release bats and do a B3 and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to work against anyone. It sure as hell doesn't work against Flash because that's easily punished with a D2.

When I was at Summer Jam, I played a ton of games with Arma and I feel like I learned a lot of new things about the MU that I never took advantage of in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more things that I could do better. I know some of Batman's strings have gaps that are interruptable that I don't take advantage of regularly.

I think the reason that Batman players tend to beat Flash players is because the Batman players are just smarter at taking advantage of things and letting the Flash players hang themselves. For example, at ECT and UFGT when I was beat by Arma and King, the majority of times they got anything started was because they punished a whiffed move/string. It's incredibly difficult for Batman to get anything started on Flash otherwise. If I don't over commit to things like using just B2 instead of B22 or D1 instead of D12, Batman has a much harder time whiff punishing me and that's something I noticed with my games with Arma at SJ. As soon as I played the footsie game more, Arma couldn't get anything started. Not to put him on blast, I beat a lot of people convincingly in casuals, but I had a huge win streak on him and it's hard for me to believe Flash doesn't win that MU.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts as of now on the MU. Those combined with the rest said makes a convincing argument for Flash winning the MU.

And thanks @HomeLee1121 for the props <3. I would really like to play your Batman at KIT and see how that goes.
Played 100 games with harold in one sitiing once. score was 50-50. I'm gonna report our scores too muahahaha

coolwhip

Noob
Your points about GL and Flash show that you don't grind out or understand MUs.
I never said anything about GL. That was HomeLee. As far as Flash goes, I stick by everything I said, which other people who actually have played the match-up (that rules out a Sinestro player) seem to be in agreement with.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I never said anything about GL. That was HomeLee. As far as Flash goes, I stick by everything I said, which other people who actually have played the match-up (that rules out a Sinestro player) seem to be in agreement with.
There is a difference between playing a match and grinding it out. I used GL (not factoring in the B13 guessing game) as an example of how the MU has not been grinded out. I am not sympathetic towards people who give up on a MU without exploring it.

There is a difference between playing a match and grinding it out. I used GL (not factoring in the B13 guessing game) as an example of how the MU has not been grinded out. I am not sympathetic towards people who give up on a MU without exploring it.
lol but i never said i gave up on the MU.....i still play it when i can with Xeno.........its just really frustrating fighting a GL that throws out lift 3/4's screen and it gets me

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
To my dear friend, confidant, and ever lasting Lebanese Papi @coolwhip

I have been alerted by a fellow mafia man that you uttered my name in your podcast. Although I am EXTREMELY excited I entered your mind...I have a few questions/comments.

1.) Of all the NRS warriors out there, why me and @Mr. Mileena ??
2.) You really think our status updates wanting games in Ultra are just merely a "phase"?
3.) I can't speak for Joe but I can't help it if our Poison and Rose are too dominant to handle! ;)
4.) I am actually very excited for Street Fighter V (although my heart and pure dedication is with MK/NRS)
5.) You are seriously just another man to punish and I will someday surely FREEZE YOUR HEART!

Muah.
;)

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
To my dear friend, confidant, and ever lasting Lebanese Papi @coolwhip

I have been alerted by a fellow mafia man that you uttered my name in your podcast. Although I am EXTREMELY excited I entered your mind...I have a few questions/comments.

1.) Of all the NRS warriors out there, why me and @Mr. Mileena ??
2.) You really think our status updates wanting games in Ultra are just merely a "phase"?
3.) I can't speak for Joe but I can't help it if our Poison and Rose are too dominant to handle! ;)
4.) I am actually very excited for Street Fighter V (although my heart and pure dedication is with MK/NRS)
5.) You are seriously just another man to punish and I will someday surely FREEZE YOUR HEART!

Muah.
;)
1) Not you two in particular. You guys just happened to be the first names to pop to mind. It was just an example. But to answer your question, it's because you two are special. Take it as a compliment.
2) Again, maybe not you two, but many here just played SF IV in all its iterations in phases and don't really play it constantly.
3) Fair enough.
4) Ditto.
5) Frost is a bill.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
1) Not you two in particular. You guys just happened to be the first names to pop to mind. It was just an example. But to answer your question, it's because you two are special. Take it as a compliment.
2) Again, maybe not you two, but many here just played SF IV in all its iterations in phases and don't really play it constantly.
3) Fair enough.
4) Ditto.
5) Frost is a bill.
No, I totally get what you were saying. It's just when I get text messages saying "Omg, Coolwhip mentioned you on the podcast", my first thought was, "This bitch, this can't be good!". Lmao.

And yes, Frost is a bill, but MY Frost....maaaaaaan, I've lost a lot of friends due to MY frost. ;(

No, I totally get what you were saying. It's just when I get text messages saying "Omg, Coolwhip mentioned you on the podcast", my first thought was, "This bitch, this can't be good!". Lmao.

And yes, Frost is a bill, but MY Frost....maaaaaaan, I've lost a lot of friends due to MY frost. ;(
Lol wow I was mentioned. I've been a felicia for the past year or two, lurking in the shadows.