What's new

Question Kryptonite Academy Jokers?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
So AK Pig Of The Hut just talked about how the Kryptonite Academy is going to work for character breakdowns in their recent Kryptonite Council video. I think this would be a good chance to get some of Joker's possibilities out there, showcase some of the ways he is good, and point out some of his more glaring shortcomings so that we can potentially get some improvements. He's an awesome character and has some good bones with a few gimmicks, but needs some things to become more viable, and the more exposure we get for him, the better. So, who's interested? I'm pretty sure I know pretty much everything about the character and would be willing to do it, but I'm not a tournament proven player by any means, and probably not top 3 with him, so figured I'd do a shout-out to our humble little community. What do you guys think?

laudanum09 Gilbagz Cat Ren21 Dr Jackal Qwark28 Gysbert MetaSkipper AA25Mamba SIK JOKER Wild Card Jack White OmegaK

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
copy pasting tags doesnt notify people, you have to manually type them

id love to do this but i dont have a mic/headset for my pc

StevoSuprem0

copy pasting tags doesnt notify people, you have to manually type them

id love to do this but i dont have a mic/headset for my pc
Oh crap hahaha I'll redo those tags then... lol my bad. I'm thinking Cat may be the most proven player we have (though Gysbert and OmegaK have put on some good shows on streams that I've seen). Gilbagz and I have come up with a lot of tech with him, with you adding the sweep hard KD tech to the dash crossup, which has since evolved to be included at the end of his d2 teeth BnB, I still haven't had much time to level up at tournaments and such (dunno about Gilbagz). Gonna hit up KDZ's place tomorrow night, so we'll see... but probably gonna get bodied for a while until I get better on the tourney scene! I appreciate the nominations, just not sure I'm worthy of them yet! ;)

StevoSuprem0

I'd nominate Stevo.

But for those outside the beltway, what is the Kryptonite Academy?
New character specific podcasts that Pig and some of the others are putting on to showcase what they are capable of and what their flaws are. I think we are finally breaking into something of a character Renaissance in this game and will start seeing alot more variety, especially when the next big balance patch roles out, and these podcasts can only help!

You in the NY/NJ area? Why you no go to The Break and or Battle Circuit?
In the middle of writing a thesis, so things have been crazy busy. Gonna hit up the Break tomorrow and test my metal.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
You guys should definitely get CAT in on there. He's one of the few Joker players out there with real high level experience so his input would be very welcome.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Lol I got some tourney experience but it's the Australian scene. Doubt the level here is as high as in the US.
If I were to nominate anyone it would be Ren21, StevoSuprem0 and Cat.

I wouldn't be able to do much anyway considering the lag.
I could possibly come on and talk with you guys, but wouldn't be able to demo anything.

Just get me anyone who has good tournament experience and is willing to play Joker!

Sent from my Nintendo 64 using Tapatalk