What's new

Krypt Skeleton keys

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Where are they? I just need one to access the Chamber of Suffering, I'm not asking for every one of them...

Can they be obtained in Towers of Time?

If anyone knows in which chests they are, share it here. Don't forget to add the Koins price, so I can check every fucking chest I come across and see if the price matches lmao

I appreciate all the help we can get.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I've been wondering the same. Need the Shao Kahn chest in the jails area for Scorpion stuff but I don't think it is accessible without the keys.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You find them in chests randomly.

They’re a pretty common drop so I’m surprised you’re struggling to find one.

They’re typically in the cheap chests, not the +10k ones.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
You find them in chests randomly.

They’re a pretty common drop so I’m surprised you’re struggling to find one.

They’re typically in the cheap chests, not the +10k ones.
Sadly I'm mostly getting Tower consumables and augmentations lol

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
You can only get them inside the Krypt as far as I know.
Edit: I opened most of the chests around the Courtyard area and got like 4 of them, I think.
I've been wondering the same. Need the Shao Kahn chest in the jails area for Scorpion stuff but I don't think it is accessible without the keys.
Where is this chest/location exactly, incidentally?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Where are they? I just need one to access the Chamber of Suffering, I'm not asking for every one of them...

Can they be obtained in Towers of Time?

If anyone knows in which chests they are, share it here. Don't forget to add the Koins price, so I can check every fucking chest I come across and see if the price matches lmao

I appreciate all the help we can get.
all chests are predetermined contents.
This was addressed by Tyler and Derek in the Kombat Kast. There are no RNG chests in the Krypt and there will never be Micro-transactions for chests in the Krypt.

I posted a Krypt guide here in TYM by IGN that has Krypt chest locations and contents as well as a step by step guide telling you where to get Scorpions spear, the hammer, Raidens staff and ermacs amulet ect. All the things you need to unlock stuff and progress through the Krypt.

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I must have very bad luck because I've been opening chests all over the fucking island (Goro's Lair included) and I'm not getting a single key. Could this be bugged or something?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I must have very bad luck because I've been opening chests all over the fucking island (Goro's Lair included) and I'm not getting a single key. Could this be bugged or something?
Just bad luck I imagine. I had a dry spell that lasted a while too. Then got 3 or 4 in the span of 10 minutes.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I finally found a Skeleton Key inside a chest in Goro's Lair. After that I gained access to the Chamber of Suffering where I found another one, and then more Skeleton keys were in the Kytinn Hive.

So yeah, kinda of randomized.

The chests are different but the prices and areas are the same.
Hope this works out for you:

Goro's lair:
6100 (price of chest)

Kourtyard: