What's new

Krypt Mystery (not really though)

Bliss

Noob

Anyone have this happen to them? I was in the furthest point in Goro's Lair as you can see. The actual name: Goro's Fortress. I went to the invisible box and I used my blindfold to see what would happen. It sent me to the floor underneath. I'm unsure why. I tried to duplicate this and couldn't do it, even in other areas.

Also, does anyone know the point of opening some of those doors in the "Jails" that have nothing in them? Is it simply to gain 50 Soul Fragments / 2,000 Koins?

And why is there an odd green glow in one of the pools in the Jail area by the rotting Goro? As if, you didn't unlock the Soul treasure (but I have unlocked everything in the Krypt bar 3 Shao Kahn chests).

I'm still hoping secrets are in the Krypt. I know people data mine the game to find out; but, what if the coders realize this and name a "secret" something passive.

Also, what is up with hearing the sound of an invisible chest (unopened) but when the blindfold is put on it's nowhere to be seen? I've noticed that the more I've unlocked in the Krypt the different the sounds are when I'm in it.

The other day, I was in Pit Bottom, and heard a screaming man like he was impaled on a spike. Looked around and he was nowhere to be found.

Am I looking too much into this? :DOGE

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of weird things also. Also in the jail every time you enter or approach a certain area you can hear this loud roar from some sort of beast.

D'vorah's hive freaks me out. I hate spiders in general and for them to chase you down blehhhhh haha. Also, I noticed you have to keep spam killing them for an important item in the krypt but nothing seems to be giving me this item despite me killing the spiders.

Bliss

Noob
What item does it give you?

I never knew when I first arrived you could use that item to make you invisible to them.

I also notice that in those jails, a blood monster will arise up but if you look at him he'll run off.

I once was staring at the pool and he surprisingly came up but I didn't swing my hammer. Didn't expect him to arise even because they never seem to if you're looking in the pool.

Feel bad for the inmate who is stuck behind the bars between the "Y" section in the middle of "The Hive" and "Goro's Fortress."

At least the other inmates have company!

Ed Boon & Company are professional trolls, have been since they debut the MK franchise. But, I still feel there is shit to reveal in the Krypt. It's possible they have these strange occurrences to keep people "playing" though.

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster
The doors in the jails can have those Kronika chests appear in them sometimes. Also, one of those doors you can't open spawns one too... I went mad trying to find an invisible lever or chain or anything to open it, but nope, just a troll from the devs I guess.

As for the spiders - be sure to use that Consumable which makes Krypt enemies ignore you before venturing into those areas!

Lokheit

Noob

The other day, I was in Pit Bottom, and heard a screaming man like he was impaled on a spike. Looked around and he was nowhere to be found.

Am I looking too much into this? :DOGE
Have you checked the corpse in one of the gargoyles heads that is blocked and will only spit blood if you spear the body?

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of weird things also. Also in the jail every time you enter or approach a certain area you can hear this loud roar from some sort of beast.

D'vorah's hive freaks me out. I hate spiders in general and for them to chase you down blehhhhh haha. Also, I noticed you have to keep spam killing them for an important item in the krypt but nothing seems to be giving me this item despite me killing the spiders.
Check your inventory, it was the same for me, didn't see it being shown but at some point it appeared in my inventory. I have to asume the same happened with the secret skin.

kevkopdx

Noob

I never knew when I first arrived you could use that item to make you invisible to them.

I also notice that in those jails, a blood monster will arise up but if you look at him he'll run off.

I once was staring at the pool and he surprisingly came up but I didn't swing my hammer. Didn't expect him to arise even because they never seem to if you're looking in the pool.

Feel bad for the inmate who is stuck behind the bars between the "Y" section in the middle of "The Hive" and "Goro's Fortress."

Hitting them with your hammer does nothing

Bliss

Noob
Have you checked the corpse in one of the gargoyles heads that is blocked and will only spit blood if you spear the body?

Check your inventory, it was the same for me, didn't see it being shown but at some point it appeared in my inventory. I have to asume the same happened with the secret skin.
What do you mean? I've completed the Krypt minus getting Shinnok's Amulet via Dead Woods. Cost 10,000 souls. Too expensive. I used the glitch to place it on the puzzle before The Hive.

I've just noticed that the sounds and noises of the Krypt have changed since I've progressed further. I wonder why.

I've killed Reptile about 40 times. Inb4 you have to kill him 500 to have a secret fight with him.

Oh: You mean to check the corpse in the AIR instead of the usual spike landing spots? No, I never did that. Didn't know the corpses fell on spikes that you couldn't hit "X" with.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld

Ed Boon & Company are professional trolls, have been since they debut the MK franchise. But, I still feel there is shit to reveal in the Krypt. It's possible they have these strange occurrences to keep people "playing" though.
The item is a special forge item called Ensorcelled Eye of a Dragon.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld

Interesting! I'll check later on. Thanks for the advice.