What's new

Krypt might be getting living forest added and a new mode for it

According to the game files it say you have discover the living forest portal, you can now teleport there and you have discovered the living forest monster tree, you can now teleport there.

Then for a new mode it mentions being able to hide items from players and rewards get better the longer they are buried and you could also set traps. That actually sounds awesome. Would be amazing if they had enemies in the krypt and other abilities added to your kharacter like throw fireballs or swing a sword instead of a hammer

HAMMER

Noob
I thought that tree in front of Goro was the Living Forest tree reincarnated. Am I looking too deep into this?

I'm talking about the Mortal Kombat 1 statues.

Like, the only tree in the whole Krypt you can actually touch. :DOGE:DOGE

Do y'all think there is any crazy shit in this Krypt like there was in MK: Deception's Konquest?

Remember, in one of the realms (I think it was Earth Realm), you could find Kintaro appearing by a tree for like 5 seconds of the game-day time.

Wonder if shit like that is possible here with Kenshi's blindfold.

Everyone thought in MK: Deception Konquest collecting all of those items would amount to something. It never did!

I don't get the Krypt time. How does it measure? It's not by PS4 time, and it's not by my own local

Last edited:
Super Mario Odessy has something like this. You basically hide an object in a hard to reach or find spot and then other players have a limited amount of time to find it. Kind of odd to put that in an MK game but then again we had Kart Racing so who knows. They did say they were going to be adding some crazy new modes after launch and this definitely fits the description of crazy.

I’m kind of glad they are thinking outside of the box. MK has always had casual appeal and I worry if they take it too far into the esports direction it will go the way of Street Fighter being a joyless competitive bore fest. Keep improving the core gameplay for the competitive players but don’t forget about the goofy shit like test your might and stuff like that for casuals like me.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I actually thought the woods to the left side was Dead Forest... But ahh yeah, Shang's island is MK1 only I keep forgetting.

eolson3

Noob
During the last Kombat Kast there was a moment where Derek (?) started saying something like "You guys haven't even found..." and then trails off. Maybe there are clues in the Krypt already, even if the area itself isn't there yet.

Also, there are some clues in the loading screens, like a return of the "Look at La Luna" clue. Has anything come of these yet?