What's new

Krypt in MK11 is Rigged Content Drip and is an Embarrassment for a MK Game

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly, I think this is one FG that nobody will truly unlock EVERYTHING and if they claim to have(as in every single skin ever in the game and gear) I'd have to see proof. Like for example I know people who are hardcore casual gamers with single mode things so eventually they'll complete things like the gauntlet but will never dream of getting ones in say KL because they know they'll get their asses kicked and won't get past Warrior(if they're lucky) and then there's time you have to take for AI battle unlocks, the Krypt which takes an eternity to get everything in that mode alone, Tot so on and so forth. Let's just hope NRS learns from this game and the feedback from their unlocks.

Honestly, I think this is one FG that nobody will truly unlock EVERYTHING and if they claim to have(as in every single skin ever in the game and gear) I'd have to see proof. Like for example I know people who are hardcore casual gamers with single mode things so eventually they'll complete things like the gauntlet but will never dream of getting ones in say KL because they know they'll get their asses kicked and won't get past Warrior(if they're lucky) and then there's time you have to take for AI battle unlocks, the Krypt which takes an eternity to get everything in that mode alone, Tot so on and so forth. Let's just hope NRS learns from this game and the feedback from their unlocks.
There wont be another MK game for a while,probably 6 years.

I'm not sure you properly understand the publisher/developer relationship here. To clarify, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment owns NetherRealm Studios. So if Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment instructs them to develop the Krypt in this way, and won't change their mind, NetherRealm Studios has no choice but to do so. That's not "bending to the greed," as you put it, that's doing their jobs based on what the owners and parent corporation wants.
Yeah I'm not buying that. The Krypt could still have all the rubbish incentives to buy krystals - this is definitely something WB enforced or needs the Krypt to have - and all that while at the same time making sure that chests even upon re-filling will give you the same chance at a piece of skin, gear etc. as before. Or giving us items for DLC via the Krypt.

I refuse to believe someone from WB would force NRS to do anything. Boon himself likes guests for example, so they choose. I have no reason to believe - as much as people would love to blame WB and have all these theories - that WB is responsible for how the Krypt works and DLC choices even more so. However, I do think they will have sit downs about who makes the most sense in the form of a pitch or meeting. Like Terminator was just a match made in heaven for both the creators as well as WB.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Take Injustice 2. people haven't unlocked skins and abillities long after the game died.. what a waste!!! MK is going to share the same faith unless NRS will let us (lettuce) unlock everything or include it in the komplete edition (the one that comes after the Aftermath edition)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm not sure you properly understand the publisher/developer relationship here. To clarify, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment owns NetherRealm Studios. So if Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment instructs them to develop the Krypt in this way, and won't change their mind, NetherRealm Studios has no choice but to do so. That's not "bending to the greed," as you put it, that's doing their jobs based on what the owners and parent corporation wants.
But at the same time WB produced the Witcher 3, so unless they just like CDPR more than NRS (to be fair anyone who has played both of their games do), the monetization is on NRS. Two Call of Duty games, two years in a row, Black Ops 4 and Modern Warfare, with BO4 being very terrible to consumers and MW being easily the most consumer friendly FPS right now, the only difference between the games was the developer. I think maybe the publisher is less forceful than people may think.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
But at the same time WB produced the Witcher 3, so unless they just like CDPR more than NRS (to be fair anyone who has played both of their games do), the monetization is on NRS.
The difference here is that WB doesn't own CDPR. NRS in its entirety was bought and paid for years ago by WB. If WB tells NRS to jump, they ask how high. They can't do the same with CDPR. I'm not saying NRS is innocent here but the monetization schemes are very obviously NRS following orders. WB is one of the greediest scumbag publishers out there, how is this so hard to believe?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The difference here is that WB doesn't own CDPR. NRS in its entirety was bought and paid for years ago by WB. If WB tells NRS to jump, they ask how high. They can't do the same with CDPR. I'm not saying NRS is innocent here but the monetization schemes are very obviously NRS following orders. WB is one of the greediest scumbag publishers out there, how is this so hard to believe?
Thats a really important detail that I overlooked. Yeah I could definitely see that being a part of it.

MKF30

Take Injustice 2. people haven't unlocked skins and abillities long after the game died.. what a waste!!! MK is going to share the same faith unless NRS will let us (lettuce) unlock everything or include it in the komplete edition (the one that comes after the Aftermath edition)
I forgot about i2, that game was a pain in the ass grind wise too. Mk 11 is even worse, lets hope NRS goes back to their mk 9 and injustice 1 days where getting everything was actually possible. Good point.

Last edited:

MKF30

There wont be another MK game for a while,probably 6 years.
Yeah I know but saying in general for their future mks and games in general. It would be wise for them NOT to repeat this mistake regarding unlocking everything with their past 2 games...

It is grindy but its nothing compared to some of the games i have played (warframe,d2...).I didnt have too much of a problem getting most of the skins for my favourite characters. I think im currently like 2 skins off (those were from KL) and one item (also KL ) . If u rly want some items brutalitys and lots of other things u can get them in 3-4 hours of towers of time gameplay. Krypt is tottaly different story but in time ul get those aswell.

Yeah I'm not buying that. The Krypt could still have all the rubbish incentives to buy krystals - this is definitely something WB enforced or needs the Krypt to have - and all that while at the same time making sure that chests even upon re-filling will give you the same chance at a piece of skin, gear etc. as before. Or giving us items for DLC via the Krypt.

I refuse to believe someone from WB would force NRS to do anything. Boon himself likes guests for example, so they choose. I have no reason to believe - as much as people would love to blame WB and have all these theories - that WB is responsible for how the Krypt works and DLC choices even more so. However, I do think they will have sit downs about who makes the most sense in the form of a pitch or meeting. Like Terminator was just a match made in heaven for both the creators as well as WB.
Whether you buy it or not, it's a business reality and an absolute possibility of what happened here. If Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment wanted the Krypt done in this fashion, or issued a mandate to NetherRealm Studios to create the game around a system like this, NetherRealm Studios would be required to do so.

It is, of course, also possible that this was all conceived and designed by NetherRealm, and the concept pitched to Warner Brother Interactive Entertainment. As the owner and publisher of the developer and franchise, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment not only has final say, but they need to approve everything before the product is released.

So regardless of who came up with the idea, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment is 100% okay with it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
If you truly want to know what unfun is, try rerolling gear until you get the augment slots that you want. I honest to god just want to see Derek face to face and ask him why this was added. Just staring at your screen, pressing the same button over and over and over and over until the game finally decides you can have the slots you want. It's 100% mobile game bullshit and it's so sad that there are other areas of the game so bad that it's completely overlooked

Raider

Noob
Also the fact that they locked a lot of gear and skins behind that abomination called "AI fights"... i will never understand it. Do they really think that i want to watch my cpu fighter fight another one for hours just to be able to get a gear and skin?? Also i think that you can only get 5 pieces of gear in one day, which is laughable really. And there is no other way to get "reward in the AI battle" gear and skins, except to pray to RNG gods for them to appear in the crystals store...

So to sum it up:
-You have only 5 chances DAILY to get AI battles gear or skins, it's not guaranteed that you will get anything because it also gives you hearts and souls.
-If you lose the battle you get augment or two.
-There is no other way to get then except waiting for them to appear in the premium store and to pay for them.

Seriously, who thought that this is a good idea?? It sounds worse than f2p mobile games.

Last edited:
Also the fact that they locked a lot of gear and skins behind that abomination called "AI fights"... i will never understand it. Do they really think that i want to watch my cpu fighter fight another one for hours just to be able to get a gear and skin?? Also i think that you can only get 5 pieces of gear in one day, which is laughable really. And there is no other way to get "reward in the AI battle" gear and skins, except to pray to RNG gods for them to appear in the crystals store...

So to sum it up:
-You have only 5 chances DAILY to get AI battles gear or skins, it's not guaranteed that you will get anything because it also gives you hearts and souls.
-If you lose the battle you get augment or two.
-There is no other way to get then except waiting for them to appear in the premium store and to pay for them.

Seriously, who thought that this is a good idea?? It sounds worse than f2p mobile games.
I'm not sure about AI Fight skins, but the Gear is no longer just in AI Fights. I got a Jade mask I wanted (her Revenant Story Mode one) as a reward for doing a Premiere Tower of Time. It wasn't a specified reward, it was a random Gear for my character reward.

MKF30

It is grindy but its nothing compared to some of the games i have played (warframe,d2...).I didnt have too much of a problem getting most of the skins for my favourite characters. I think im currently like 2 skins off (those were from KL) and one item (also KL ) . If u rly want some items brutalitys and lots of other things u can get them in 3-4 hours of towers of time gameplay. Krypt is tottaly different story but in time ul get those aswell.
Yeah. But to be fair different genre entirely man, for a fighting game nothing else comes close to worse with unlocks that the past 2 nrs games.

Yeah. But to be fair different genre entirely man, for a fighting game nothing else comes close to worse with unlocks that the past 2 nrs games.
Grind is kinda there , but i look at it like getting used to characters moves and specials . By the time i get most if not all of his gear il have a better feeling of his ranges, jails etc. Im not saying its fine to grind in fighting game , but its that problematic and even less when u menage to get some of the op augmets .

Art Lean

Noob
In having been bored during lockdown I decided to open up more of the game on my son's profile (the secondary profile) so that when playing 2 player, there can be more options of costumes for the second player rather than the defaults (quite why it's done like this and they don't get player 1's choices I think is ridiculous, but I digress).

Granted it helps that I have the Kombat Pack and the DLC code version of Kold War Skarlet, therefore some of the great skins for the likes of the classic male ninjas, MK3 Kung Lao and Sonya (the Kano one is hideous and the story mode updated version is WAY better), movie Shang, workout Cassie, the aforementioned Skarlet etc. are tied to my whole console rather specific profiles so they're already in the game, but I have noticed that I've unlocked some of the skins and gear pieces I spent months pursuing during my main profile play through within just the last few days.

I'm trying my best to recreate as many characters to how I have them on the main profile, or at least close-enough so they generally look to be the same-enough choice when chosen as player 2; as such i'm not going to go out of my way just for a preferred Sindel kwan dao or Rayden amulet, as long as they're 95% the same in really noticeable accessories and their skin then it suffices for two player mode. I'm sure I must have spent absolute weeks working through with Jade to eventually get at least a human skin, then the red and green hooded skin, then a drab olive green skin (but at least it was green!), before eventually unlocking her most classic one Honoured Tradition after god knows how long (and at the time I didn't realise I could get the hooded one in her proper colour from the tutorial... or could skip directly to the character tutorials haha). Got it this time around with her classic mask within a couple of days!

It definitely seems like the more desirable stuff has become more reliably obtainable in the months of patches and updates since I first began playing a year ago on the main profile.

Not excusing any of their content-unlocking design choices, but I'd never bothered stocking up the second profile because I quite literally felt "I am NOT doing all that again" yet to get some of my favourites, it's been a lot easier the second time around than expected.

Art Lean

Noob
47,000+ hearts and rising. Plus endless krypt resets for nothing. What’s everyone else’s totals?
Got 53,602 hearts, 149,021 souls and 26,406,402 coins.

Considering they boast that you never need to spend money on time crystals (since they're also awarded in-game) in order to have currency for the premium store, I don't understand why they won't let us use large amounts of all this useless currency as well?

Have a mask for example say 300 time crystals, OR 100,000 coins, OR 3000 souls OR 500 hearts... something like that?

Don't even get me started on the Easy Fatality Tokens!

Last edited:

MKF30

Grind is kinda there , but i look at it like getting used to characters moves and specials . By the time i get most if not all of his gear il have a better feeling of his ranges, jails etc. Im not saying its fine to grind in fighting game , but its that problematic and even less when u menage to get some of the op augmets .
More than kind of lol, it is there. Not many games force you to play ranked for gear, skins and the krypt literally is just beyond a grind, ai battles, tot, character towers, gauntlet etc. Etc.

Yeah though to be honest you don't even need the augments with the assists which also help, I did the gauntlet without using many of any augments but mostly assists. I'm talking about the overall grind of this game as oppose to just KL though that mode is also a pain and stressful. The kryot just takes literally forever.

MKF30

Got 53,602 hearts, 149,021 souls and 26,406,402 coins.

Considering they boast that you never need to spend money on time crystals (since they're also awarded in-game) in order to have currency for the premium store, I don't understand why they won't let us use large amounts of all this useless currency as well?

Have a mask for example say 300 time crystals, OR 100,000 coins, OR 3000 souls OR 500 hearts... something like that?

Don't even get me started on the Easy Fatality Tokens!
They need to change it so that skins and the store stuff costs in game kind, not time Crystal's. I mean I also have well over a billion on switch and close to a billion on xbox. They could have done it so we can buy any skin or gear piece in the game with lots of koins or real cash, but no gotta get time Crystal's by toxic league and by buying them with real cash anyway with limited options....