What's new

Krypt gives you the same gear twice

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Well, I haven’t seen threads about this but as I noticed, if you rewind time and open some chests again you might get the same gear you already have!
The question is— what the fuck!? Up until this moment I haven’t noticed that. Just now I found a wristband Liu Kang and realized that I already have this gear. Same with Johnny! So instead of giving you new gear you waste your souls for recycled stuff. I know that you can sell augs but they cost only 1000 of koin. MEANWHILE I’m still in search of Liu Kang’s classic skin that was SUPPOSED to be his default skin!
NRS, you continue to amaze me

Bliss

Noob
They also said there would be 600 chests in the Krypt, I assume this includes the souls you unlock. I've unlocked everything and I re-rolled the chests once in the Courtyard. According to my in-game statistics I've only unlocked 550-ish chests. I've also gone through the whole Krypt with a blindfold so I couldn't of missed any invisible chests. I did use the head glitch, and I also used the Shinnok Amulet glitch. The 10,000 soul tree is the only thing I have not unlocked. I doubt that will jump my unlocks 50 numbers though!

DragonofDadashov24

They also said there would be 600 chests in the Krypt, I assume this includes the souls you unlock. I've unlocked everything and I re-rolled the chests once in the Courtyard. According to my in-game statistics I've only unlocked 550-ish chests. I've also gone through the whole Krypt with a blindfold so I couldn't of missed any invisible chests. I did use the head glitch, and I also used the Shinnok Amulet glitch. The 10,000 soul tree is the only thing I have not unlocked. I doubt that will jump my unlocks 50 numbers though!
Well it shows 600 for me but I haven’t unlocked all the stuff yet. That fucking shrine seems endless. They didn’t fix shit, you can’t finish krypt in a month, I doubt you can do it in a year lol

The duplicate gear in the Krypt is because of a glitch people assume.
You only get duplicates for items that you have levelled up, which changes their rarity. Supposedly the game now thinks that you do not have the base item anymore and gives you those same items you already have again.

That's why you never get duplicates for costumes and concept art, because these always have a set rarity and the game can check them off.

Sadly few people are tweeting NRS about this. The frustrating part is that you'll see more duplicates for characters that you actually play, because you've already levelled a bunch of gear for them which makes it basically impossible to finish the items for your favorite character cause it's quite literally gonna cost you billions of coins to do so.

DragonofDadashov24

The duplicate gear in the Krypt is because of a glitch people assume.
You only get duplicates for items that you have levelled up, which changes their rarity. Supposedly the game now thinks that you do not have the base item anymore and gives you those same items you already have again.

That's why you never get duplicates for costumes and concept art, because these always have a set rarity and the game can check them off.

Sadly few people are tweeting NRS about this. The frustrating part is that you'll see more duplicates for characters that you actually play, because you've already levelled a bunch of gear for them which makes it basically impossible to finish the items for your favorite character cause it's quite literally gonna cost you billions of coins to do so.
That sucks
I’m tweeting Steve about this

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol wow.

What I think they should have done was have a "salesman" in the Krypt where you can buy anything like a skin, a brutality, a gear, etc for characters for like 1 million coins each or whatever they are priced. That way lots of drops are still random, but you also don't have to not receive the one thing you want no matter how long you play. For comparison, I play 99% Cetrion/Skarlet, and my favorite is the non-mask Skarlet gear, but I spent all the coins trying to get it and STILL haven't. There's nothing I can do but "hope" I'm lucky enough for it to drop randomly. If it was "3 million coins from the salesman" it's still a win-win for the player and the grind system.

That would've made too much sense though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I started encountering duplicates here recently too and was pretty angry... there are TONS of skins and gear. The least they could have done was program a duplicate zap, instead of having millions of people grinding for the same shit unknowingly.

I haven't unlocked any duplicates yet (or at least I didn't notice), but I had similar experiences with the Krypt.

I activated Kronika's symbol next to Shang Tsung's throne in the courtyard, I replenished ~200 chests (why the hell does it cost koins to replenish chests if you have to spend money AGAIN to open them ?) so I grinded towers of time for money and souls. After all the fun I had in towers of time fighting bots with modifiers that makes the fights so frustrating to play (I love the modifiers that still depletes half of your life bar like the green energy beams thing or, even better, the modifiers that interrupts the juggles), I had enough money to buy all the chests again. I loved the 12.000~15.000 koins chests that only gave me augments. I unlocked like ~5 skins with around 150 regular koins chests, the rest of the rewards were either konsommables (to help me grind the ToT to buy even more konsommables in the Krypt), more augments or sometimes character designs. The soul chests seem way better because there are usually way more skins but you can't choose what to replenish, so you'll usually end up with 1/4 of the replenished chests being souls chests.

And the 10.000 souls chest was replenished too ! And I was so surprised when I unlocked it. It gave me fifty thousan... I mean fifty hundred koins... Oops, nope I'm still wrong, IT WAS FIFTY FUCKING KOINS ! FOR 10.000 SOULS !

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
agreed with you , guys .... the level of randomness in the Krypt, once you clean it for the first time and decide to recycle stuff there, is simple ridiculous ..... so, that cool skin that you want, will take 3 fucking years to random happen in the shrine, some day ? fuck that ! give the option to buy the DLC that release all skins and gears stuff, and this could make me pass less angry annoying moments with this part of the game, hehe :p

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Krypt is really awful. Granted it's much better now but having you dump coins into the fucking nahknadan shrine (literally a loot box) just to get gear is so dumb.

I've been getting duplicates as well and put about 3 million in and still haven't lucked out. Perhaps if we could just directly buy things with gold things would be easier.

I basically just do my mains towers and call it a day honestly. If they made gear drop in any mode I wouldn't be as mad but you have to slog through towers for hours to make any progress.

Bliss

Noob
Well it shows 600 for me but I haven’t unlocked all the stuff yet. That fucking shrine seems endless. They didn’t fix shit, you can’t finish krypt in a month, I doubt you can do it in a year lol
I finished it though. Finishing = wiping it clean.

I don't get why our numbers differ when I've finished and you haven't.

FFS NRS.

BackAtYouBro

Your name means dung heap in my tongue!
NRS used the video game philosophy of a mobile app for their Krypt: Make the grind of collecting various items, costumes, and brutalities monotonous and impossible by roiding up their lootboxes (and just including an RNG infested lootbox system in general) and by rigging the system this intentionally, makes in-game purchases and microtransactions appear much more appealing instead of handling the impossible grind. It’s honestly quite sickening how these business practices have invaded our games to make us pay up even more to a money-grubbing higher up.

DragonofDadashov24

I haven't unlocked any duplicates yet (or at least I didn't noticed), but I had similar experiences with the Krypt.

I activated Kronika's symbol next to Shang Tsung's throne in the courtyard, I replenished ~200 chests (why the hell does it cost koins to replenish chests if you have to spend money AGAIN to open them ?) so I grinded towers of time for money and souls. After all the fun I had in towers of time fighting bots with modifiers that makes the fights so frustrating to play (I love the modifiers that still depletes half of your life bar like the green energy beams thing or, even better, the modifiers that interrupts the juggles), I had enough money to buy all the chests again. I loved the 12.000~15.000 koins chests that only gave me augments. I unlocked like ~5 skins with around 150 regular koins chests, the rest of the rewards were either konsommables (to help me grind the ToT to buy even more konsommables in the Krypt), more augments or sometimes character designs. The soul chests seem way better because there are usually way more skins but you can't choose what to replenish, so you'll usually end up with 1/4 of the replenished chests being souls chests.

And the 10.000 souls chest was replenished too ! And I was so surprised when I unlocked it. It gave me fifty thousan... I mean fifty hundred koins... Oops, nope I'm still wrong, IT WAS FIFTY FUCKING KOINS ! FOR 10.000 SOULS !
I wouldn’t have noticed it too if I hadn’t got a gear THAT I CURRENTLY PUT ON LIU KANG

kantboy-2

Ripper
I thought I was the only one.

This lootbox system does not belong in a game you are trying to enjoy by yourself.

The fucked up variation system is for players who enjoy offline and online.

There's a problem for everyone, but everything's fine.

AND you got punished right out of the gate by not getting Shao Kahn unless you preordered with a day 1 paywall.

Yay.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The Shao Kahn I have no issue, it's common sense to preorder and get him free. I don't feel bad for those who missed out on that, NRS has been doing that since MK 9.

The real problem however is the krypt, grind system. You can't even find what you want....

Yeah especially when it's randomized system that's BS, they need to patch that shit. I love the krypt in terms of exploring it and opening stuff, unlocking other parts but the randomized, repeat system is crap. They need to ditch this shit, the grind is already horrible for shit you want and most of the time won't even get other than dumb luck. Now they repeat chests? No. I'd love to ask NRS why did you guys think the genius who thought of the lootbox/randomized system is a good idea again and more so why are there repeat gear rewards? lol God how I miss the MK 9 and Deception Krypt days.

Afumba

Noob
I brought this up in a couple of other threads regarding gear/krypt. Got several Jade things 10+ times already... its infuriating.

As someone said its a bug with leveled gear. Not only the Krypt is affected by this, Naknadan Shrine, Ai battle rewards and ToT are affected as well.

Only thing you can do is avoid leveling up your stuff until its fixed. If you did it like me, switching gear constantly while doing ToT, you are screwed.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I've been in the top 0.5% for every "Race"

I've beaten 106 opponents on Endless Tower

I've beaten all of the Gauntlet

I've beaten 50ish key towers

I've beaten every boss and tag ladder

I've finished story mode (normal) even replayed the opposite sides in optional scenes

I've opened every chest in the Krypt

I've gotten about 30ish trades with Kollector

I've forged all known gear recipes

I've restocked the krypt completely 3 times (working on 4)

I've dumped just over 10,000, 000 koins into the Naknatan Shrine

I still only have about half of each characters skins and 75% of their gear. I love the grind. But it's going to be too much unless all your free time is MK11 time.