What's new

*Krossing my fingers here..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I started playing on the PDP fightstick instead of the pad... feels A LOT better. Now, will I be able to continue and play on it competitively? Not sure, but again... it just feels great compared to the pad... so far.

Anyone else feel the same way or different?

For me it's the getting used to the pdp stick over the sf style i've been using for a few years. Need to get out the meter and come up with a dual mod solution as well.

For what it's worth over always been a pad mk player.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The only other game that felt 'natural' for me to use a stick was SSFIV.... but this PDP stick... well, damn... it just feels very good.

Hopefully today at some point I can get some online games in to see how it actually works for me.

Yeah, I'm of two minds on the stick. It seems well built so far and I prefer it in some ways, but my execution over all is just much better on the pad (especially for dashes) at this point.

R.E.L.

Noob
I feel completely opposite. I have to get used to the bat top. Half the time I cant jump forward or back. The button layout isn't so bad and I like the concave buttons.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I feel completely opposite. I have to get used to the bat top. Half the time I cant jump forward or back. The button layout isn't so bad and I like the concave buttons.
My one issue right now is the layout due to the X-rays... lmao. But overall... using the stick now it more "hand-friendly" so far.... but yeah definitely gotta mess around with some online matches for practice..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Now, on the other hand... the MadCatz stick I have... I haven't tried it for this game yet, but "lightbulb" ... that one might feel even better. All I need for it yet though is a tighter spring and maybe a circle gate.

DrDogg

Noob
I can't use the PDP stick for this game. I tried playing on my Sanwa stick, and it's okay, but I can't find a button layout that feels comfortable since you can't remove inputs from the config menu... or even dual-map inputs (wtf?). So I tested the PDP stick since it uses an MK layout, and the buttons feel too far apart. I could get used to that (I'm pretty sure that's how it was back in the day), but the stick is the real issue. Because I'm so used to the sensitivity of a Sanwa stick, when I tried the Happ stick in the PDP, it felt far less responsive. I had significant issues trying to do dash cancel combos.

I will be sticking with a PS3 pad for the time being.

Eazail

Noob
I was playing with Marvel/Street Fighter stick last night and I was doing ok but my excution was not there. It also didn't feel as responsive as a ps3 Pad. I prefer the pad for now...

Haven't tried a MK stick yet...

is the negative edge as bad with the stick as well?
define this "negative edge"

I'm also having issues forward and back jumping with the pdp. I like the bat top alot better for dashing.

The button config is interesting. I've at least set the bottom button for change stance for doing xrays but it's still way weird.

I love the mechanical feel of the buttons. Much like a mechanical keyboard. It brings back memories of mashing on the button way to hard at the local arcade.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Yea, I am hoping to get that MK faceplate for my Mad-cats TE in the future. Right now I am not using it because I really hate that button layout for MK. My left thumb is getting a blister from the pad lol.

I liked the stick over the pad in SF so it is possible ill prefer it in MK, once I have it set up for MK.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I'm of two minds on the stick. It seems well built so far and I prefer it in some ways, but my execution over all is just much better on the pad (especially for dashes) at this point.
I agree dude, I have been practicing with mine offline. If I try online I'll get wrecked lol at least right now, with a pad I'm 10x better no joke.

The execution is far better on the stick, then a pad but seems I can't do my fancier combos at all or consistently on the stick at this point like I can on the pad and speaking as how I have a 53% with one of my mains, it's kind of a big deal lol.

I love how comfy it is in your lap, but am wondering if it'll be better on a table while I stand up.