What's new

Kotal Kahn's Blood Power - Fan Theory

Alec

Noob
THE KOTAL KAHN ANGLE

Well, some people have been wondering if Kotal Kahn has something to do with this demon who seems to be going after the Kamidogu daggers. After all, this demon spoke about the “blood code” and we know the daggers activate with blood, so it’s plausible that people would talk about Kotal Kahn, since drinking blood and blood offerings seem like a habit of his. He is even characterized as a Blood God in one of his variants. So, what do I think? Is he in some way related to this demon? He probably is.
Is he responsible for/behind this demon? I don’t think so.

Note that from this point onwards, this post could contain SPOILERS of MKX comic's chapter 1,2 and 3:

I think that Kotal Kahn’s deal is simpler than many people imagine, yes he is the emperor, and I DO BELIEVE that he follows the blood code, but not because he is behind this demon, or because he is a Blood God, I don’t even think he is truly a blood god or a god at all.
My theory on Kotal Kahn is that he is a strong warrior, that became an EXTREMELY strong warrior, because he got a… Kamidogu dagger. Yeah, that’s right; I believe that Kotal’s dagger is another Kamidogu, making it the 4th dagger we’ve seen (actually it was the first we saw), along with the Sub-Zero/Kano’s; Scorpion/Fox’s and Raiden’s.

Now that I’ve said it, it should be quite clear that this is indeed the case, since we know that these Kamidogu daggers increase the wielder’s power and that they activate with blood, it’s easy to see that that is what Kotal Kahn does. He always cuts himself, he slices the palm of his hand at the beginning of the match, and he even has a special move in which he slashes his chest in order to increase the damage he delivers.

Now, if you’re still not convinced, consider this last piece of evidence, the synopsis of Mortal Kombat X comic Issue #3:

As the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!

As we can see from that synopsis, Kotal Kahn turns to the kamidogu and “blood magic” so he can take on Outworld’s champion and avenge his fallen ally. Some people in this forum are speculating that he kills Goro, and that’s how he becomes Emperor of Outworld.

So, that’s what I think of Kotal Kahn, he is another warrior with a Kamidogu dagger and even he, might end up targeted by whoever is gathering the daggers.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think this is the most interesting theory that has appeared so far.

Just to correct you on one thing, the Chest Cut is a universal move, is in all variations.