What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn's backstory

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Why does everyone call him a bad guy? So he runs outworld, that doesn't make him bad. It's a game full of trained killers who sadistically murder each other.
That's why I put the words bad guy in quotations. Let's be real though... he's allied with D'Vorah. He's closer on the spectrum to bad than good. I think he's generally neutral.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Kahn's backstory

Dad was Emperor of Outworld
Kotal's people was hella killaz
Shao Kahn and Goro went and killed all their peoples
Kotal's dad was a quitter and surrendered his throne
Kotal called his dad a bitch
Kotal's dad was like "go to Earthrealm and train because the grind is real out there"
So he goes and finds Mayan peeps
Thinks bout killin em but Spaniards or somethin comes
He kills Spaniards...
Decides protecting Mayans is better
Conquers many but shows Mayans his "drinkin da blood" ways
He grows up and goes to see his daddy
Daddy's response is not up to par
Kills dad via teleporter or somethin
Goes back to Mayans
Mayans all dead because they drink blood all the time and that's not healthy
Came back as Mileena's war chief
Wants throne tho because he's rightful king
Beat her
Now she's tryin to get revenge
With Goro's help

The End.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I posted Kotal's backstory y'all.

He was Mileena's war chief, and while Mileena was Empress she was oblivious or didn't care that Outworld could be invaded so Kotal challenged her and won thus making him Emperor.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
When Raiden appears he says "Enough, that means both of you." and shocks Kotal's crowd and her, none of her subordinates. If had confidence in Sonya's judgment, why did he even intervene? Why didn't he just give Kotal's crew the business? Because she was just as wrong as they were.
Why did Raiden intervene? He explicitly said why in that comic. To tell her of Cassie's fate. Why did Raiden NOT shock his people? Because they are his people...Earthrealm's people.

We know plenty. They live seperately, they don't see eye to eye on raising the child, she cares more about her career than her family. We also know Johnny Cage saved her life twice in MK9. She didn't even call him when their child vanished. Didn't even ask him to help look for her until she needed some muscle to go into Outworld. Even if Johnny was a total douche, that doesn't give her license to douche too.
You detailed essentially as much as we can glean from one situation, BUT...
  • How long have they lived separately?
  • How long were they together?
  • When did they first get together?
  • Were they married?
  • Did Cassie grow up in a "loving" house hold?
  • Or is she accustomed to having 2 homes to bounce around too?
We know next to nothing about JC and Sonya's relationship. To try and assume so much based off one situation can lead to a ton of misinformation. it is best to just stay away from that subject until more info is given.

What did sonya do? Dismissed a request for aid without even hearing him out, and then threatened to kill one of his subordinates. Kotal himself didn't even attack until Sonya threatened to execute D'Vorah. You think Kotal was going to back down? You think Sonya cared? No. If Raiden hadn't intervened D'Vorah would be dead and Earth would be in open war with Outworld, again.
Sonya dismissed a request for aid (which more than likely was the very order she was given), and defended herself against an attack from behind. To fault Sonya, a trained soldier, for defending herself then TELLING her enemy that she'd shoot if they didn't comply with her orders AFTER SHE WAS ATTACKED, is ridiculous. If Raiden hadn't intervene, we don't know what would have happened, but to blame that out come on Sonya WHO DIDN'T START THE ALTERCATION, is you trying to fault blame where it doesn't deserve.

Good parenting is watching out for your kids, making sure they don't wind up in death matches or kidnapped by enemies you just made. Kids shouldn't run away, but parents also shouldn't let them. Especially when you have the resources of the military at your disposal. Especially when you know your kids a trouble maker. Good job, mom.
Are you a parent? It really seems that you are trying to talk about things you don't understand, only read about or see in movies. I really don't want to go down this road because I really don't think you have any clue or real world experience about anything you are talking about.

Kotal came to talk about legitimate Earthrealm threats, The Red Dragon and Mileena. Raiden promised him the realms would cooperate after the War. From his standpoint, the request was entirely valid. Sonya dismissed him without consulting her bosses or Raiden or anybody. Is she in charge of SF? Does she speak for Raiden? Is she in any way qualified to tell Kotal to fuck off without a second word? No.
Kotal came to talk about legit OUTWORLD threats, and posited that those threats COULD threaten Earthrealm. Sonya, chosen representative of the SF to speak with Kotal, gave the OFFICIAL SF response to his request to not lend aid to Outworld's Emperor. STOP ASSUMING STORY INFORMATION THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
  • Stop assuming that her orders were to give aid and she disobeyed them.
  • Stop assuming that Sonya thinks she is the most important person in the world, and thus she thinks she talks for everyone.
  • Stop assuming that she thinks she is above Raiden.
Sonya is Sonya. Stop projecting your own views onto her characters, and accept her character as is.

The only thing Cassie did was take a picture. The time on the phone when Sonya picks it up is 1 minute after those entries, so those are missed calls from Johnny. He was checking on his daughter. Meanwhile, there are no calls from Sonya. She only knew about it because Raiden told her to cause she was too busy threatening people.
Those were out-going calls/messages, not incoming. Cassie tried to contact JC, not the other way around. Earlier Cassie went to JC's apartment, but there is not even evidence that he was home, or was even had been home. You ASSUME, again, that Sonya is being a "bad" parent, and that JC is some "great" parent for some reason. Why do you dis like Sonya so much, but seemingly love JC even though we've seen NOTHING from JC in the comics so far?

All my assumptions are based on stuff that's happened. She let her kid go unattended, bad shit happened to her. She also told off a warlord and nearly started an interrealm war, by herself. She also told Raiden (Who has been her ally in the past) that she didn't need his help, despite the fact that if he hadn't dropped by or said anything, she wouldn't have even known her daughter was in trouble.
All your assumptions are based on your opinions. Those opinions however are NOT based on things that actually happened, but how you think things could have / should have happened.

- You THINK Sonya SHOULD have been more diplomatic. The fact that she wasn't doesn't mean she's wrong, it in fact informs us more that her superior put her in that position KNOWING what she'd do seeing how she is and how she has been. Sonya's behavior here isn't an outlier, this is how she is.

- Sonya told Raiden she didn't need his help and also had an attitude with him...just like Liu Kang had at the end of MK9, just like Hanzo did in comic #2. Again, you seem to THINK that Sonya SHOULD have acted differently, but not because of anything that actually happened, but because of how you THINK things SHOULD have happened.

- You ASSUME that Sonya is a bad parent because she "lets" Cassie run away, and then doesn't dispatch a squad of soldiers to retrieve her...even though the evidence shows that this isn't the first time this has happened, and that she went to her FATHER'S HOME. You THINK she SHOULD have done something different, but the fact is she did nothing wrong.

All of this informs us of the CHARACTERS that we read about, their dispositions, their personalities, and just who they are, but this also tells me ABOUT YOU, that you don't want to accept the characters and stories for what they are, only judge them for what they are not. You THINK you are providing insight into the characters, you are not.

Last edited:

SLy

Noob
Kotal Khan background thus far has made me like him even more. He seems more like a fair guy type of Emperor. Which is a new type of attitude Im not used to in Outworld. And obviously probably a big reason he's being plotted on by Mileena and friends lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Kahn's backstory

Dad was Emperor of Outworld
Kotal's people was hella killaz
Shao Kahn and Goro went and killed all their peoples
Kotal's dad was a quitter and surrendered his throne
Kotal called his dad a bitch
Kotal's dad was like "go to Earthrealm and train because the grind is real out there"
So he goes and finds Mayan peeps
Thinks bout killin em but Spaniards or somethin comes
He kills Spaniards...
Decides protecting Mayans is better
Conquers many but shows Mayans his "drinkin da blood" ways
He grows up and goes to see his daddy
Daddy's response is not up to par
Kills dad via teleporter or somethin
Goes back to Mayans
Mayans all dead because they drink blood all the time and that's not healthy
Came back as Mileena's war chief
Wants throne tho because he's rightful king
Beat her
Now she's tryin to get revenge
With Goro's help

The End.
You have quite a bit of errors.. I marked them in RED.

His dad wasn't Emperor of Outworld, he was the leader of his Osh-Tekk Realm. (Remember Shao Kahn invaded many Realms).

There is no indication that he thought of killing the Mayans.

He doesn't kill his dad, he just gets mad and gets aggressive.

He doesn't take the throne because he believes it is his right. He takes the throne because Mileena didn't know how to run things...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
You have quite a bit of errors.. I marked them in RED.

His dad wasn't Emperor of Outworld, he was the leader of his Osh-Tekk Realm. (Remember Shao Kahn invaded many Realms).

There is no indication that he thought of killing the Mayans.

He doesn't kill his dad, he just gets mad and gets aggressive.

He doesn't take the throne because he believes it is his right. He takes the throne because Mileena didn't know how to run things...
that shit was posted what feels like forever ago, it don't surprise me I was wrong.

Nice job calling me out over something that I don't think matters...but cool.