What's new

Tech - War God Kotal Kahn War god overhead sword strike OS

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can buffer specials into blockstun to create OS just like SF. A few weeks ago I was playing @LionHeart of my local scene and I noticed he would OS Cassie's EX flipkick whenever I jumped in case I left a gap or tried to raw command grab with Sun god.

Today, I went into practice mode wanting to find a new safejump and I looked into the DF2 of War god, as I had read it was a safejump. I tested this with Subzero's wakeups and here's what I found

J1 hits the armour of EX ice burst and can safely block in time
EX slide beats J1

J3/4 beat EX slide because jumpkicks have hang time in the air on hitting armour or being blocked
EX ice burst beats J3/4 because of that hang time

So I tried OSing the EX OSS into J1 and here are the results. If your opponent wakes up with ice burst, you armour through the wakeup for a full combo. If your opponent blocks or gets hit by the jump, your string comes out.

This is obviously not all the uses of the tech, this needs to be tested against all characters and I'm sure there's a good amount of them we can OS as long as we have 1 bar, therefore granting us a true safejump with everything the term entitles.

@Hidan @UltraDavid @D. R. @KeyserSoze @RYX @Crayraven @BNA Dislexsik @Belial
@REYTHEGREAT
@Mr Aqua

Hassun

Noob
War God is already so much better than the other 2 variations. Qwark please.
Seriously though. good stuff! that EX overhead is so so good.

I like the idea, but like Pnut says I think it's better to do this from the ground with b1 because you can beat both ex ice and ex slide, and on hit you'll have your b1 chain instead of just d1. Love all the work you're putting in though!

NHDR

Noob
They're literally on the video, the inputs are on.
Sorry, I meant more to explain them. Can you tell me if this is right, please?

1. Get knockdown
2. J1
3. Right when you do J1, do DB and hold it

Is this how you do it? I'm struggling with the break down, not the raw inputs. Thanks man! :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sorry, I meant more to explain them. Can you tell me if this is right, please?

1. Get knockdown
2. J1
3. Right when you do J1, do DB and hold it

Is this how you do it? I'm struggling with the break down, not the raw inputs. Thanks man! :)
Here's a guide Ultradavid made, the same concept applies

You do a special which on hit will come out, on block you have enough time to cancel it into the continuation of your string. It's J1 ex OSS cancelled into B1

http://testyourmight.com/threads/explanation-of-option-selects-in-mkx-by-ultradavid.50948/