What's new

Tech - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn Wake Up Reversal in the corner

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

So utilizing the WONDERFUL properties of Kotals B3, 2 string (travels 3/4 screen, -2 on block), you are able to recreate the doomsday style wake up reversal. I would use this character depending, some characters have wake ups this simply wont avoid, but its an amazing setup I have been using. I net 42% off it using NJP, f2, f2, f2, 114, EX Air Takedown, F1B2, air takedown. (Puts back in corner)

I have more tech and a LOT of sweet war god only combos, just no time to put it all into video, trying my best to.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's an amazing way in spaced right. Only minus 2 so your options are great. Back dash, armor, 5 frame pokes. Highly recommended.
If you back dash, see something whiff, perfect range to punish with f2 for max bnb

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Updated the BNB off it of it the 44% was a different setup. You can also do very hard combos to regain the same setup. Same setup into NJP, f2,f2,f2, d2, EX Air Takedown, b32. 40% but VERY HARD and nets you the same situation with a forward dash.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
You can also get the wakeup reversal off of 212, though the timing seems a little tighter. This allows you to do njp, f2, f2, f2, 212 as a punisher to put them back in the same situation for 31% meterless damage. And it's definitely easier to do than the above combo that ends with the b32.

After a little more playing around with this, you can reverse wakeups after a df2 ender in wargod if you run then jump. I'd say that opens quite a few opportunities.

Monox1de

Noob
Updated the BNB off it of it the 44% was a different setup. You can also do very hard combos to regain the same setup. Same setup into NJP, f2,f2,f2, d2, EX Air Takedown, b32. 40% but VERY HARD and nets you the same situation with a forward dash.
I find that landing EX air take down after d2 in corner is easier if you first land D1.... so f2,f2,f2,d2...d1xxdf1EX b32

Monox1de

Noob
I have been using the shit out of b32 since the shoulder seems to have a higher hit box and literally EVERYONE blows me up by NJP... b32 seems to splat them at certain heights where f12 or f1b2 get blown the fuck up by NJP.

Drecker

GET CITY.
Video I threw together showing that you can also fake the setup to make wakeups come out normally, and that you can reliably do this setup off any combo ending in 114 or df2.

Edit: As @Second Saint pointed out, 114 is techable and hence this won't reliably work off that string.

Last edited:
Reactions: RYX

So utilizing the WONDERFUL properties of Kotals B3, 2 string (travels 3/4 screen, -2 on block), you are able to recreate the doomsday style wake up reversal. I would use this character depending, some characters have wake ups this simply wont avoid, but its an amazing setup I have been using. I net 42% off it using NJP, f2, f2, f2, 114, EX Air Takedown, F1B2, air takedown. (Puts back in corner)

I have more tech and a LOT of sweet war god only combos, just no time to put it all into video, trying my best to.

Happy Hunting!
i suppose this happens because of autocorrect. all the noob-friendly features are killing this game

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Video I threw together showing that you can also fake the setup to make wakeups come out normally, and that you can reliably do this setup off any combo ending in 114 or df2.

114 isn't a hard knockdown, so it isn't really reliable for this setup. They can always just tech roll it.