What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn should be the announcer of MKX

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm i the only one that can't get enough of how classy Kotal's voice sounds?

He should have been the announcer of MKX.
Or better yet, if NRS can pull off a Doa feature, where you select some fighters to be the announcers that would be hella hype.

Imagine mileena saying: Round 1, FIGHT!

Or Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or Kotal, that would be so refreshing.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Multiple announcers would be neat.

I would also like it if the announcer actually did his job this time around and actually announced things during matches, instead of just FIGHT and FINISH HIM.
I find when the announcer announces other stuff that it is very distracting. You know how annoying it gets hearing "COUNTER" over and over again in BlazBlue? Or the really dumb stuff the announcers say in P4 Arena?

I'll take "FIGHT" and "FINISH HER" over that shit any day.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I find when the announcer announces other stuff that it is very distracting. You know how annoying it gets hearing "COUNTER" over and over again in BlazBlue? Or the really dumb stuff the announcers say in P4 Arena?

I'll take "FIGHT" and "FINISH HER" over that shit any day.
Well that's the other extreme, Anime games go crazy with that stuff.

I mean more like SF or past MKs, where you would get excellent or outstanding after a long combo.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
Speaking of which does anybody know what Kotal Khan's relationship to Shao Khan is or has that not been revealed yet?

MORDECA1

Noob
I love the idea of being able to switch between a couple different announcers. In Killer Instinc you can change between a couple.

And Kotal would be a perfect option.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Well that's the other extreme, Anime games go crazy with that stuff.

I mean more like SF or past MKs, where you would get excellent or outstanding after a long combo.
This I can cosign to. In fact, why not make voice packs? Make them cheap, and have the voice actors just come in and do them. It'd be pretty awesome actually.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I want jason to be the announcer his voice is beautiful.

Reactions: D4G

MORDECA1

Noob
Killer Instinct has a fantastic announcer. I have heard they are thinking about adding a R-R-R-Rage Quit voice for quitters. Anyways i think it offers a Classic version of it and version of it done by Aria the games new final boss.

MKX would be so cool with this feature. And Kotal Kahn is so perfect to be the one to do it. It seems much to expect them to do a ton with this, but I do think it would make a lot of sense to have Kotal and Raiden and Quan Chi too. I think the characters who are kind of like leaders of their own crews could have a voice over for the announcer. Maybe the Grandmaster and Hanzo too? Even Sonya of the S.F., she is a very serious lady. I could see her ordering the player to "Finish Him!"

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I've always wanted a female announcer in MK. Queen Sindel would be awesome.

I love the announcer from MK2/3.

Sakishiro

Hunting season is open...
I would like a really sinister and menacing announcer voice for MKX. Like it was the devil himself that spoke. THAT would've been so badass. They were on the right track in MK4 but it went downhill from there, unfortunately :\

Also classic voice announcers, put he announcers from past MK games in there and turn the switch on. Its little personal touches like these that make a game stand out.

MORDECA1

Noob
Personally I want Kotal Kahn's voice the most. I just think his design and story or some of the best in the game. But I love the idea of Sindel and the Devil. This all seems feasible to me.