What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn patch findings

SuperJesus VI

Low Tier Character User
In the lab currrently with War God. Not finding much. Also, in sun god, i feel cashing out is very inconsistent.

Hassun

Noob
I play Sun God.
Spark seems viable and it now makes his soul scorch a lot more interesting as well. Getting nearly 20% hp back is pretty sweet.
Anti-air throw being more consistent is cool.
But most of all I like that mace parry can now help you deal with heavy zoning.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Apparently mace parry projectile, blood offering and damage totem makes your ex projectile do 42%. This seems out of the realm of possibility due to the many variables but punishing a heavy zoner as blood god really makes it feel worth playing the variation

SuperJesus VI

Low Tier Character User
f2 f2 2 1 xx ex takedown xx throw = 35%

After this, Kotal can fdb3, fdb4 or db4 safely and if you db4 you can mace perry projectiles gain that 1 hit damage buff and gain life.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Pretty sure f2 f2 f2 21 mbdf1 f4 is a hard knockdown for setups. Only thing is why not end a combo with sun throw and gain the stack anyway? Or does the new move build all three stacks?

Nausea

Soul Ascended

Once you get some viable set-ups for building stages of Sun Choke/Blood Offering, this becomes very viable IMO. I just picked up Sun God today post patch and I am liking his play style! :D

Nausea

Soul Ascended
no such thing as viable blood offering or parry of people throwing out random stuff. this combo is never going to happen
Challenge accepted. Already had a few set-ups to hit the Blood Offering safe and the Mace Parry isn't all the difficult to make reads on what the opponent is gonna throw out.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Challenge accepted. Already had a few set-ups to hit the Blood Offering safe and the Mace Parry isn't all the difficult to make reads on what the opponent is gonna throw out.
The problem isn't the offering, it's the mace parry.
Just stick with f2, f2, f2, 114~EXAAGrab, b12~Choke.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
The problem isn't the offering, it's the mace parry.
Just stick with f2, f2, f2, 114~EXAAGrab, b12~Choke.
That does seem like the safe option but I feel the Mace Parry Post Patch gives it a more viable approach to his defense, (especially now you can parry most projectiles & the MB Parry has amazing start up. As I mentioned I am enjoying the Sun God play so I will put some lab/online hours later and see what's what!

Nausea

Soul Ascended
plz plz plz can people stop posting blood offering into parry combos. it. will. never. happen.
Day 1 with him and already feel its a viable aspect to his game. Especially post patch now he can parry projectiles.

All i see is salt regarding his Mace Parry, I don't underatand why :/

IIWade3II

Kuff Botal
Day 1 with him and already feel its a viable aspect to his game. Especially post patch now he can parry projectiles.

Its nothing against you but Its just annoying having like 75% of the kotal combos you see being 150% bullshit. of course mace parry is gonna be a thing but its a hard read and sun god u dont really need to blood offer. 2 cents

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

You see salt exactly because you come here with ideas that have been broken down months ago. Those of us who have played him past day 1 have tried and know that parry is a situational thing and not something you rely or fish for.

Sure, you'll land it against online randoms or predictable players but in high lvl play there are very few situations in which it's useful.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Its nothing against you but Its just annoying having like 75% of the kotal combos you see being 150% bullshit. of course mace parry is gonna be a thing but its a hard read and sun god u dont really need to blood offer. 2 cents
Of course man! I just think personally, post patch, it's gonna be another good option to use! Blood Offering of course completely situational but it's always good to do a lil extra damage when you can!

You see salt exactly because you come here with ideas that have been broken down months ago. Those of us who have played him past day 1 have tried and know that parry is a situational thing and not something you rely or fish for.

Sure, you'll land it against online randoms or predictable players but in high lvl play there are very few situations in which it's useful.
I just thought now his parry has had a slight buff it might be more viable but apparently not.... I'll never use Sun God at a high level it's mainly for fun and to check another character off the list. I'm finding the parry particularly useful but everyone plays differently :)

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Will someone tell me if the Hit and hurtbox of KK's jumping forward and backward 1 is still complete bs?

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher

But arnt the frames on parry different now?
Meaning whatever idea you had of it before is irrelevant now?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
But arnt the frames on parry different now?
Meaning whatever idea you had of it before is irrelevant now?
Parry as a read against moves in neutral or wakeup is barely affected. The only thing the buff affects is gaps of strings to specials and those are already known.

It makes very little difference whether you do a yolo parry to catch x/y normal with a 4f or 1f one.