What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn EN Parry has 1F ADDITIONAL Invincibility

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
At least I think it's 1 frame, might be 2, who knows. Feels like 1.

I couldn't find anybody talking about this anywhere, so if it was posted it's hidden somewhere.

Anyway this lets him technically avoid things that he can't parry if you have the sicknastiest timing. Also you can parry some moves that hit twice super fast by invincibilitying (I just made that word up) through the first hit then parrying the second hit.

This can mess up your parry timing though, because if you only use the invincibility and it doesn't parry something, the recovery is that of a whiffed parry.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This seems like a bad thing. I get the whiffed frames frequently. But I have never noticed the benefit of invincibility.

For example if you parry a move on the frame comes out, it doesn't count as a Parry at all ...it counts as a whiff.

Even through you successfully parried something you get nothing and they get more pressure.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This seems like a bad thing. I get the whiffed frames frequently. But I have never noticed the benefit of invincibility.

For example if you parry a move on the frame comes out, it doesn't count as a Parry at all ...it counts as a whiff.

Even through you successfully parried something you get nothing and they get more pressure.
Yeah it's definitely hurt me multiple times and helped me... never. That's how I figured it out in the first place haha.

At least we know what's causing it now, and maybe we can use it to our advantage somehow rather than just being like "???Parry no work???"

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I always thought blood God party should be slightly different than the others.

Perhaps actually stagger the opponent for 15 frames or something in physical hits.

Projectiles stay the same.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Yeah, as mentioned in this thread-- these invincibility frames are the reason why the parry has a tendency to go through the entire animation (becoming ridiculously punishable) instead of actually parrying the attacks. I feel like the invincibility frames are useless since it's a god damn parry. Please Boon, release us from this nightmare and let us 3S now.