What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn buff idea

Take the 2 (the charge) part of his B32 and make it into a special move that you can meter burn to make safe and give armor.

Literally all Kotal would need and he'd be a fantastic character

Can sun god wakeup with the command grab safely?

I wish blood god totems could be EXed and have bigger version that give you 5 hits of armor

i like the idea for bg and sg but not another should charge , he already has plenty of those.
What about :Blood God's obisian Totem could have 1 hit of armor and be safe.
while Sun God's Sunstone could be a vialable wakeup with armor and enough startup not to be easily stuffed.

What Kotal needs is not armour.

Why is it that noone wants to give their characters time to evolve and a million users keep constantly asking for buffs?
cuz from b122, f1b2, b12, b14 to f34 KK is very unsafe.
The parry doesnt really work Mb parry may help u to be able to punish safe things but its completely different from any other parry in the whole game u have to have super fast reactions to : see ur parry worked and didnt get snuffed and then punish all within some little frames. The epic startup on the sunstone doesnt't help neither despite KK beeing the easiest character to Keep away, same goes with sun beam. How often have u saw anyone in tournies really use these afromentioned tools ? There is no reason to cuz unless fullscreen and ur opponent doesn'T know the matchup their pretty much useless.

Nobody is asking for War GOD buffs cuz he has none of this issues he can make his unsafe strings safe, has a Quick multihitting Mb sword thats miles better than the sunstone + an armored launcher as an reversal unlike blood god.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The parry doesnt really work Mb parry may help u to be able to punish safe things but its completely different from any other parry in the whole game u have to have super fast reactions to : see ur parry worked and didnt get snuffed and then punish all within some little frames. The epic startup on the sunstone doesnt't help neither despite KK beeing the easiest character to Keep away, same goes with sun beam. How often have u saw anyone in tournies really use these afromentioned tools ? There is no reason to cuz unless fullscreen and ur opponent doesn'T know the matchup their pretty much useless.

Nobody is asking for War GOD buffs cuz he has none of this issues he can make his unsafe strings safe, has a Quick multihitting Mb sword thats miles better than the sunstone + an armored launcher as an reversal unlike blood god.
These complaint threads are horrible and made because people don't know how to play this character or anything about his tools.

Parry and MB parry don't matter, all variations are solid mid tiers at the least and cover up each other's weaknesses. Learn to use them all, that's what you're supposed to do.

B12 and B122 are all done when you want more corner damage, have made a read or want to mix your opponent up with war god's mixups.

F1B2 is a 11f whiff punisher into 40%+ combos, it's not your main poke and you're not doing it unless you're whiff punishing, it's like you guys want to just press every single string he has randomly and win. That's not how stuff works in fighting games. F34 isn't even unsafe vs certain characters.

KK is not easy to keep away, KK players are bad at getting in. There are setups for sun beam.

MrFikshun

CombosOnFleek
Kotal actually needs buffs blood god especially in a game dominated by 50/50s safe option selects and all other bs he is way too fair. He's super unsafe easy to zone walk speed isn't that great no reversal at all which means he has to backdash out of gap strings which is also hella unsafe (cassie b124 she can just b12 b12 and it catches the dash) no wake up so your forced to block which makes it easier to get thrown. Honestly I love blood god war and sun don't really interest me he needs something though honestly. But I agree that kotal players are bad at getting in and don't use the strings correctly the Yolo f2s and f1b2s gotta stop I'm more concerned about his lack of reversal or wakeup In BG

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Like quark said, youre not using bloodgod like u should use him.
Go watch pndketchups stream from last night. He played madzin who was using bloodgod. You can learn some things from that stream. Besides he just got buffs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kotal actually needs buffs blood god especially in a game dominated by 50/50s safe option selects and all other bs he is way too fair. He's super unsafe easy to zone walk speed isn't that great no reversal at all which means he has to backdash out of gap strings which is also hella unsafe (cassie b124 she can just b12 b12 and it catches the dash) no wake up so your forced to block which makes it easier to get thrown. Honestly I love blood god war and sun don't really interest me he needs something though honestly. But I agree that kotal players are bad at getting in and don't use the strings correctly the Yolo f2s and f1b2s gotta stop I'm more concerned about his lack of reversal or wakeup In BG
F2 is never yolo FYI. There are less than 5 chars with a meaningful punish.

These complaint threads are horrible and made because people don't know how to play this character or anything about his tools.
I pocket Kotal but I'm definitely not bad with him. I got 2nd place in a tourney just last sunday.

The fact of the matter is, he's a character who has a move that doesn't work out for him like it's supposed to, and something needs to be done about that. It's like saying instead of buffing Lobo back in the day we just need to figure him out probably. But the problem is the character and not the players.

I'm perfectly ok with buffs, it's just nerfs I can't stand

Belial

Noob
Lol what
KK doesnt need shoulder charge he has enough ways to get in
Where is this even coming from
From all the problems Blood and Sun suffers you pick this??!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Lets make his down 4 creep forward and let you cancel out of it into other stuff.

I'm joking because this would make him S+ tier.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Take the 2 (the charge) part of his B32 and make it into a special move that you can meter burn to make safe and give armor.

Literally all Kotal would need and he'd be a fantastic character
That would be OP and highly unnecessary, IMO. B32 is already an awesome string that I successfully abuse regularly. It doesn't need armor or anything of the sort.

Like quark said, youre not using bloodgod like u should use him.
Go watch pndketchups stream from last night. He played madzin who was using bloodgod. You can learn some things from that stream. Besides he just got buffs.
I just watched those matches, holy shit why is no one else playing blood god seriously.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Kotal is already a fantastic character. I suggested this shoulder charge buff as a joke a while back. I believe I also asked for it to be special cancellable and lead to a full combo.

Anyway...as far as Blood God goes, I watched Ketchup's stream yesterday as well and Medzin was doing some crazy shit with him. He pretty much had a totem out constantly. Ketchup said "you literally have to take 3 life bars off Kotal with the defense totem out". Blood God is good now. War God has always been good. Sun God is arguably the weakest variation and that's viable as well.

These fucking buff request threads are making me not want to even check TYM anymore.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Are people still selling the Blood God bill? The one with no mixups, no wakeups, no armor? And can Qwark stop selling the "all compliment each other bill" what matchup would I ever use Blood God over War God for?
War God easily being Kotal's best variation and Blood God actually being viable are not mutually exclusive. Yes, War God is absolutely Kotal's best variation, regardless of match-up. But, that doesn't mean Blood God and Sun God are not both decent, viable characters since the last patch.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
War God easily being Kotal's best variation and Blood God actually being viable are not mutually exclusive. Yes, War God is absolutely Kotal's best variation, regardless of match-up. But, that doesn't mean Blood God and Sun God are not both decent, viable characters since the last patch.
I'm not talking about viability, I'm talking about people spamming that Blood God is super good now based on 3 buffs and that they compliment each other when they don't. Pretty much every character in this game can do damage and do well if people are playing well enough, but that doesn't mean that characters don't need help.