What's new

Question - Konjurer Konjurer Corner options?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So I've been labbing Konjurer for awhile and I'm at a loss as to what to do in the corner. Unlike otjer trap characters, alien doesn't have any "Egg to egg" combos because if you have a face hugger in a combo, you cant end it with an egg to loop the trap. In addition, you dont have the option to place the egg away from yourself when in the corner. This may be a bug. I'm actually wonder if this character should ever bother cornering his opponent because his options seem extremely limited.

thoughts?

Last edited:

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Only option really is to do ex grab into 50/50. If you do something like b11u4, 22, 22~egg it's safe enough to block wake up, even against reptiles ex slide. So you either have a punish or 50/50 game. If facehugger is active maybe you could ex grab out of the air after b11u4 or something, then do low/overhead into ex slam to repeat the 33, 33~egg and restart it. That does seem like a lot of meter though, and I haven't really tested it fully. Its probably not completely safe either.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

SkyratiK

I will let you know when I'm done making my video.

SkyratiK

Thats pretty much what I said with 33 into trap into either baiting the wake up or 50/50. If you guess right facehugger connects, ex grab would restand in the corner where ex crawl would put you in the corner. The other way is using ex slam into uppercut, then f13~ex crawl. Since the uppercut knocks them over you the crawl will put them back into the corner. You can use the egg with this too like I showed in the other thread. I will be making a video later on showing some setups for when the egg is out at different places. Any time you're trying 50/50 when they're standing is risky because they can usually wake up and get you, it seems to me like it has to be baited.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Idk konjurer corner game is very strong with oki/trap/50\50s.. Even with a face hugger already used your 50/50s are still safe at either +5/-7 depending(tested against reptile slide). Your drone is great because it has pseudo-unblockables! Your tail grab and tail flip make great 50/50s... You do crawl in the corner and it reverses the opps inputs. You just have experiment make your opp feel like they have to do a wake up to punish that with a 30% into drone (oki) or face hugger (trap) or tail flip/ tail grab (50/50) if I knew how to add videos I would show y'all.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I was thinking of using Reos Drone unblock able corner setup. Then you can go back into the face hugger setup. Rinse repeat.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Once you get them in the corner you can do 50/50 into egg, then overhead, low, or throw to get it to land. Full combo, and they are likely gonna get scared and try to do a wakeup. Then you can punish that with f213 into egg to repeat the process. Also you can always delay an ex drone into a low for hard to blockables like Reauxbot said above

SkyratiK

I have a couple of corner combos, it's mostly mid screen though.

Once you get them in the corner you can do 50/50 into egg, then overhead, low, or throw to get it to land. Full combo, and they are likely gonna get scared and try to do a wakeup. Then you can punish that with f213 into egg to repeat the process. Also you can always delay an ex drone into a low for hard to blockables like Reauxbot said above
Trying do this but f213 not a string u mean f234?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I don't do this so much in the corner but because you can't loop egg to egg combos I odten end my hugger combo in f134 db4 ex hold. I'll either do a b3 for the OH/Low mix up or use the time the opponent is waiting for the drone to summon an egg.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I don't do this so much in the corner but because you can't loop egg to egg combos I often end my hugger combo in f134 db4 ex hold. I'll other do a b3 for the OH/Low mix up or use the time the opponent is waiting for the drone to summon an egg.
that's actually pretty clever..