What's new

Koming Soon to iOS: Pocket Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Hey guys, I am finishing up my next iPhone app and submitting it to Apple tonight. I thought I'd let you guys know, and hopefully get some feedback as to what people like or dislike. Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I'm still working on frame data, so that will be coming in an update soon. Takes much longer than I thought! But I'll also be submitting updates with each DLC character as they're released, starting with Jason on May 5th.

If people are interested, I'll let you know once it's available on the App Store.

Thanks for looking!

DDustiNN

Wow sorry for the giant screenshots! It looks much better on my phone than on my computer, haha. I'll fix that in a bit!

DDustiNN

Neat. You say you're only updating by DLC schedule?
Nope, the DLC characters are just the guaranteed updates. The first day they're available, I'll be adding them and submitting the update that night. I'll be putting out other updates as I complete them. First up is finishing the frame data, next I'll be adding options to show/hide whichever sections you want to see in the moves lists, and the ability to reorder those sections however you'd like (Special Moves - Highlight, Special Moves - Detail, Kombo Attacks, Basic Attacks, Kustom Kombos, etc). I know some people want to see all of the details and enhancements of each move, while others simply want the basics, so I've included both as separate lists. Then of course any error fixes, like typos, etc., as they come up.

My only real constraint is Apple's review process, which can sometimes take upwards of a week or so, and you can't submit more updates while you're waiting for review (you can only cancel, re-upload, and start back at the end of the queue).

DDustiNN

Why was this thread moved to Mobile Mortal Kombat X section? My app has nothing to do with the mobile game at all. This is a guide for the PC/console versions :(

DDustiNN

Guide looks pretty good. Im an android user though :-(
Thank you. This app is written completely native to iOS, so it would take a huge amount of effort to port. Unfortunately I don't know Android well enough to do that (started learning iPhone programming as a school project a few years ago). Sorry!

This is great, perhaps the admin didn't read the post carefully before moving, you can try pm'ing them or posting to r/mortalkombat subreddit for more feedback.

Snoop

hey
hey! this looks insanely good and helpful while we are still learning the game. looking forwart to release. Any news so far?

DDustiNN

hey! this looks insanely good and helpful while we are still learning the game. looking forwart to release. Any news so far?
Thanks! I use it every day, haha. It's nice for switching between your lesser played characters.

It's currently in "waiting for review" status at Apple. Hopefully soon! I'll post when it's available :)

would be nice for the kreate a combo to have user ratings so people can find the best ones easier, also being able to comment on a combo would be nice.

i was thinking of making one for android myself but dont have much free time :( all that time goes towards kitana downplaying and playing online.

Snoop

hey
when (date) did you post it into store?
Also, will it be free or not? I think I can spend some $ on this.

And one more question. Can I change button layout to my own? Because I play in classic MK3 layout and i need 123456 numbers or ABCXYZ like on sega.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

when (date) did you post it into store?
Also, will it be free or not? I think I can spend some $ on this.

And one more question. Can I change button layout to my own? Because I play in classic MK3 layout and i need 123456 numbers or ABCXYZ like on sega.
I uploaded it Friday morning, so hopefully any day now. The preset options for controls are universal (FP, FK, BP, etc), PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and numbers. The numbers are only the standard 1-4, then the rest are abbreviated like TH, BL, FS, Env, and XR. There are also options to use arrows (left, right, etc) or letters (u, d, b, f). I personally use the PS4 layout and arrows, but then I switch to the letters and numbers to save a Kustom Kombo, then switch back to PS4, haha. I dunno why but for me it's easier to glance at the console controls, but letters and numbers are easier to follow for long combos.

I actually just added those options (letters and numbers) last week, after seeing that those are the most commonly used when talking around here, haha.

I did consider complete customization of every single button, but it was too much work and this was already taking way too long as-is (original plan was to finish it on April 14th... Ha, I severely underestimated the time!). The actual code itself will be easy, but it's the option screen that would've been tricky. It's definitely on my list though, along with a few more options.

When I revamp the options screen with the few new things I already have planned, I'm fairly certain this will be one of the features that will make it in. But for now there are multiple presets like I described. I'm heading on vacation tomorrow, so when I return I'll get to work on next week's update... Which will be to fix a couple typos I've found, and add Jason Voorhees, to be submitted May 5th. After that, it'll be frame data, more options and more DLC!

The app will sell for $0.99 USD or equivalent.

Thanks for the comments and suggestion!

Snoop

hey
Thanks for the answer. I will buy it but make at least for me MK3 layout lol. Or custom-made. It is not that hard really.

DDustiNN

Thanks for the answer. I will buy it but make at least for me MK3 layout lol. Or custom-made. It is not that hard really.
Yeah specific presets are super easy to add now that I have them set up. What would all of the buttons be? I only remember the arcade setup, HP, LP, HK, LK, BL, Run. There is no run button in MKX, and there are actually 8 buttons... So just trying to envision what you're saying. Thanks!

Snoop

hey
HP, LP, HK, LK, BL, Run - These are good! I just don't used to new "FK,BK,FP,BP"
you can add something like TH (throw) and 2 other buttons. and call this preset "oldschool!"
thanks!

You should add a little "strat notes" section for under each character. It can be useful for scribbling down strategies against certain matchups. That way, I can peep my "get fucked" strat under kung jin when I'm playing as kitana.

jk lol

DDustiNN

You should add a little "strat notes" section for under each character. It can be useful for scribbling down strategies against certain matchups. That way, I can peep my "get fucked" strat under kung jin when I'm playing as kitana.

jk lol
Way ahead of ya! Each character has a Notes section at the bottom of their move list, where you can type whatever you'd like :)

DDustiNN

Still "in review" for the App Store... Pretty sure this is the longest its ever taken, haha. I already have the Jason update (including a few fixes) ready to go, if this one ever gets out of review!

DDustiNN

Ugh... After 2 weeks of waiting, my app was rejected by Apple... Because they didn't like that Scorpion was in my icon, apparently (even though I specifically referenced a previous email from Warner Bros about appropriate trademark usage). Meanwhile, there is another app with Sub-Zero in their icon.

Now to restart the review wait again!

I can't stand how inconsistent they are with this stuff. And even worse is that you go back to the beginning of the line when resubmitting :mad: