What's new

Kombo ending mix-ups

I main Lui and I find him painfully simple as a character despite my undying love for his womanly screeches. I've been trying to figure out something to make him slightly more interesting. Here's what I've come up with.

Kang's bread and butter is going to leave you at about jumping distance on even terms with your opponent. Most people from what I've found, aren't going to even attempt a wake up attack after your combo, unless you're consistently throwing out fireballs for them to run into when they stand up.

If your opponent doesn't roll, this combo leaves you right on top of them. And, if they're expecting a standard Bnb, they're probably not going to be ready to wake up in time. F121 on hit gives you 44 frames of knockdown advantage, the wiffed bike kick is 42 frames. You will have time to make a choice on blocking a wake up attack or restarting your pressure game.

Your oppoent can tech roll and wake up, but Kang has time to dash forward and block before getting hit by any wake up attack. This holds true for all characters, even those with fast advancing specials like Raiden and reptile.

F121 literally throws your opponent across the entire screen on hit. If you want to set yourself up for IAF/low fireballs, you should probably end your combos with it. Whether or not you do this should be based on the match-up you are in. Johnny Cage, Sonya, Jax..

F34 doesn't give you as much advantage as F121 because it doesn't send your opponent flying as far. Your wiffed bicycle kick will make you float over their head if they don't tech roll on wake up, thus crossing up their wake up inputs. If your opponent decides to roll and wake up, you're not going to be able to block in time. This mix-up is a risk, don't do it against characters with wake up attacks that lead to a full combo. Ermac, lao, kabal, etc.

I'm not the best kang around, and I don't play offline that often. I don't know how useful any of this is or could be, but give it a try and decide for yourself.

I'm just sick of seeing F24 bicycle kick, lol.

Marvaz

come at me
I wish you guys watched digimons stream when he was doing his 100$ challenge. All this stuff was there lol. This stuff is useful ts.

I wish you guys watched digimons stream when he was doing his 100$ challenge. All this stuff was there lol. This stuff is useful ts.
That's an online stream most of the time isn't it? ...Cant do it. I can just feel the lag.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who thought it was useful.

The bicycle kick whiff stuff is pretty interesting. I'll try to work that into my game.

I'm not really sold on ending combos with f121. Ending a combo with f24 xx bicycle kicks already knocks them pretty far away, and before they can get up you can fire off a couple instant air fireballs to move yourself even further back and build a little free meter.