What's new

Kombo breakers dealing damage?

Vilmon

Noob
So I was playing at a small tournament in Seattle and in the middle of a match I used breaker to save my life and try to reset the situation when the breaker actually did damage and killed my opponent.

http://www.justin.tv/teamkhaos/b/286869414
My games start at 43:30

58:45-58:49 is where the combo breaker to kill happens.

Has anyone else seen this before? I've looked around to find an answer and I haven't seen anything about it.

TWZTID

Noob
I've done it. The breaker is an actual attack if you look at it. Breakers do damage in mvc3 as well. So it doesn't surprise me.

Zebster

How's my volume?
It's weird because the breaker also doesn't do the full animation, the shadow comes out for barely half a second before disappearing into a cloud of smoke instead of oil.

Vilmon

Noob
Ah found the answer thanks to the kind people from Shoryuken.com even though the answer was on this site.

Quote from the Tom Brady Noob guide
"When Noob is hit while in the vulnerable frames of throwing a shadow tackle or low shadow and he breaks your combo, he will take damage from you. 8% for break after shadow tackle and 7% after low shadow."

Anyone else know who else has stuff like this? I'd assume, much like invulnerable wake up moves, everyone has one that functions like this.

To the lab!

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Ah found the answer thanks to the kind people from Shoryuken.com even though the answer was on this site.

Quote from the Tom Brady Noob guide
"When Noob is hit while in the vulnerable frames of throwing a shadow tackle or low shadow and he breaks your combo, he will take damage from you. 8% for break after shadow tackle and 7% after low shadow."

Anyone else know who else has stuff like this? I'd assume, much like invulnerable wake up moves, everyone has one that functions like this.

To the lab!
Does that mean he takes damage and blinks like invincible frames whilst taking damage? Or is there some kind of stagger or something that would indicate he has taken damage?

Thats a trip.