What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - NEC Results Special

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
This podcast was awesome. You guys raise a ton of good points.
I think you guys are pretty on with your assessment of MMH. I talk to Jupiter every time he is at the Break, heis an awesome guy, and could probably play just as effectively with plenty of characters. He plays MMH because, yes he is a good character and Jupiter wants to do well, but also because he likes the character and enjoys playing him. If the community is giving him shit, they really need to chill out and just play the matchup more instead of hyperventilating over OH teleport, which is an amazing move, but manageable.
Grats the PPJ, his Hawkgirl was amazing. She is one of those characters that alot of people took lightly and didn't prepare for, and they learned a hard lesson. I don't think Hawkgirl was the star because she won, but rather PPJ because he showed he has an extremely good depth of character knowledge and playing very well with characters that are considered low tier. It would be awesome if he picked up Joker. I feel like he is the kind of person who could exploit some of his bullshit and get around his shortcomings if he appeals to PPJ's crazy logic lol.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This podcast was awesome. You guys raise a ton of good points.
I think you guys are pretty on with your assessment of MMH. I talk to Jupiter every time he is at the Break, heis an awesome guy, and could probably play just as effectively with plenty of characters. He plays MMH because, yes he is a good character and Jupiter wants to do well, but also because he likes the character and enjoys playing him. If the community is giving him shit, they really need to chill out and just play the matchup more instead of hyperventilating over OH teleport, which is an amazing move, but manageable.
Grats the PPJ, his Hawkgirl was amazing. She is one of those characters that alot of people took lightly and didn't prepare for, and they learned a hard lesson. I don't think Hawkgirl was the star because she won, but rather PPJ because he showed he has an extremely good depth of character knowledge and playing very well with characters that are considered low tier. It would be awesome if he picked up Joker. I feel like he is the kind of person who could exploit some of his bullshit and get around his shortcomings if he appeals to PPJ's crazy logic lol.
hehe i wanna learn mmh joker and wowo

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's awesome! I have a combo list up in the Joker forums that could definitely get you started and am kinda in the process of making a guide. If you are on XBL, I would absolutely love to grind with you sometime. Grats on the win man, you're hype as hell to watch.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You are only allowed to learn one of those chars. You cannot play a char that has been called the Kabal of injustice. Perhaps I can interest you in Deathstroke, the Kano of injustice?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Just listened to the part on my blowup. It was pretty spot on for the most part. There is still just one little misunderstanding that i wanna get out of the way and be done with it cause you guys are 100% on everything else. It was not that i wanted to be in Top 8 predictions or the conversation. It just felt like when i was actually mentioned for one that you guys thought i couldnt and like i said that was mainly a personal criticism that hurt me.

You can also ask anyone at the tournament that saw or played me after, I was in no way acting or being emo. I had a great time all weekend regardless. My only regret is not closing it out vs tyrant cause if i had i had an amazing shot at Top 8 where i would have played Theo in winners for it or if i had lost to Theo i would have played Tre who i have a good record against in tournament.

Overall though you guys are 100% right and i will make no more stink over my name being brought up. Unless its someone saying ill get 17th cause they are probably the smartest human on earth. I tied for highest placing Black Adam at the tournament and lost to a guy that got 2nd and a kid who i think was just miles ahead of me and got in my head after a close first game. I hope to continue to improve on my game especially seeing how well i did playing against the best of the best throughout the weekend. Until the next tournament i know that 17th is my stigma.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
so i got blown up on the podcast too? to my defense GGA 16 Bit i didn't come out and say anything before this tournament, only to the people saying other flash players are better and all i said was i can't wait till NEC. i did say once a while back to build hype about the whole "a flash won't outplace me at NEC or beat me in the mirror" but since then i haven't been able to play the game like i wanted to because a new job, not using that as an excuse, i got bodied and will try to find more time to practice. also i wanna clear up stuff slips was saying, like how he was doing FU to beat jump back months ago. not once did i say i was the first to do this GGA Slips just trying to help anyone learn all the tactics to help them get better nothing more. also for the record i lost 2 - 1 to blind man and the third game he caught me. also its a 6 - 4 in flash favor, you guys where acting like it was 8 - 2 MU, remember only blind mans MU are correct so.......

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
That was a fantastic listen, and that hamburger conversation was hilarious.

I just wish you guys could have all came to NEC, it was an absolute blast. Oh, and the one thing I wish I could have seen was the stream reaction to Theo vs Tyrant. It must have been wild.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
great podcast like always guys. you guys really care for the community and it shows and i completely agree that NEC is exactly what injustice needed.
HOLD DAT SHIT NRS HATERS!!!!

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
so i got blown up on the podcast too? to my defense GGA 16 Bit i didn't come out and say anything before this tournament, only to the people saying other flash players are better and all i said was i can't wait till NEC. i did say once a while back to build hype about the whole "a flash won't outplace me at NEC or beat me in the mirror" but since then i haven't been able to play the game like i wanted to because a new job, not using that as an excuse, i got bodied and will try to find more time to practice. also i wanna clear up stuff slips was saying, like how he was doing FU to beat jump back months ago. not once did i say i was the first to do this GGA Slips just trying to help anyone learn all the tactics to help them get better nothing more. also for the record i lost 2 - 1 to blind man and the third game he caught me. also its a 6 - 4 in flash favor, you guys where acting like it was 8 - 2 MU, remember only blind mans MU are correct so.......
When did I say it was worse than 6-4? It's 6-4. All her bad mus are 6-4 and it's also her worst one. So what they said on the podcast was 100% correct.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
When did I say it was worse than 6-4? It's 6-4. All her bad mus are 6-4 and it's also her worst one. So what they said on the podcast was 100% correct.
I (as in Zyphox) never said that U (as in blind man) said it was worse than 6 - 4. THEY (as in slips, K7 and 16 bit) made it seem like it was an 8 - 2 MU in flash's favor. you won 2 - 1, who's to say if we played 10 games i wouldn't have ended up winning 6 - 4 ??????

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I (as in Zyphox) never said that U (as in blind man) said it was worse than 6 - 4. THEY (as in slips, K7 and 16 bit) made it seem like it was an 8 - 2 MU in flash's favor. you won 2 - 1, who's to say if we played 10 games i wouldn't have ended up winning 6 - 4 ??????
I know, You implied that I said it was worse. They didn't make it sound 8-2 they described it the same way I would. It fucking sucks playing that mu as Raven.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
"How...how do they do that?"
I died. Turkey bacon is all that you can get here in your burgers at any fast food place.
You can't have non-halal stuff being prepared in the same kitchen... depending on how strict you are, but to be on the safe side it's all turkey bacon here if it's part of a burger from a fairly big chain.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
What they're talking about with Lobo and Batman is absolutely true. Its so awful for Batman once Lobo scores a knockdown. :-(

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Commentary tracks you need to do:

1. Mortal Kombat. Obvious reasons
2. Dark Knight Trilogy. Obvious reasons
3. Robocop (for K7)
4. Terminator 2 (for 16 bit. I agree this is the best action movie of all time)
5. Rambo 1 & 2 (Slips can go off at 16 bit about how stallone is better then arnie)

Tomies are back!!!! Yes!