What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 29 with WoundCowboy

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
He would definitely qualify to be on. But as far as wanting to do it, that's entirely up to him.
Now that I'm thinking about it...outside of like...Nightmare SF, DarthArma, King, and Reno Racks, are there any more Batman mains at highest level?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
We have suffered enough. Throughout the years and this year in particular.
Let us have this. Don't be selfish.

NAY!
Don't be racist.
You haven't been alive long enough to "suffer enough".... gtfo

the boston area has been a hotbed for multiple sports since 2000.

You sound like Yankee fans

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You haven't been alive long enough to "suffer enough".... gtfo

the boston area has been a hotbed for multiple sports since 2000.

You sound like Yankee fans
I was referring to the Boston incident recently. Not to give this all a turn for the macabre...

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I put up a great fight against every high level player I've fought in my online journeys; I have a winning ratio against a few of them... but every time I fight woundcowboy he makes me look like I've never played before. So much respect!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
GGA Slips, when was honestly the last time you fought a great Aquaman player with Deathstroke? Four months ago? Five?

After UFGT, I stole your strategies and I was beating Tom for a week, but he eventually adapted to f+3. As good as f+3 is, it still has 30 frames of start up.

Aquaman can also activate trait after blocked f+3 and hold back. You get no 50/50 mix ups. In general, Deathstroke has a very difficult time doing damage, yet Aquaman does 40% from one of the best normal attacks in the game.

Okay. I exaggerate as far as Deathstroke normalizations go, but tell me how this character was not ruined? He went from top 5 to mid tier, possibly low mid tier, within a patch.

You call that balance?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Apparently those who do a whole back dash before they cancel to bite.

Even the most trained players like P2W and Theo only block the mix up 50% of the time.
And cowboy who like the players u mentioned I hit maybe 70% of time when full screen and close

WoundCowboy despite our score I'm right aren't i?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I can't honestly say I've played a zod player that was 'good' other than Pig or Dave though. When you're discussing how matches are played out, there's literally no point comparing average players to average players. Just the cold hard truth.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Send me a PM on what you guys wanna do.
Someone else is going to have to take the reins on this, because I'm terrible at getting things like this started AND I know next to nothing about Skype (especially hosting). lol, I can join or accept a Skype call invite, but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

AK GamerBlake Is this something that you'd be interested in doing again? Somebody? Anybody? Rude?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
it doesn't matter to you, Your just going to pull the hollywood act and say "who the fuck is that". I know since the zod names arent dave and pig it will automatically be assumed they are not good players.
I can't honestly say I've played a zod player that was 'good' other than Pig or Dave though. When you're discussing how matches are played out, there's literally no point comparing average players to average players. Just the cold hard truth.
Took words out of my mouth

I've played against a lot of ZOD players too, they're free honestly

Trust me I would LOVE to find a much better ZOD than me or Dave so we could learn from someone

Our only hope is shipping SimSim illegally through customs and forcing him to live in USA
Cause he'd probably body all of us

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
GGA Slips, when was honestly the last time you fought a great Aquaman player with Deathstroke? Four months ago? Five?

After UFGT, I stole your strategies and I was beating Tom for a week, but he eventually adapted to f+3. As good as f+3 is, it still has 30 frames of start up.

Aquaman can also activate trait after blocked f+3 and hold back. You get no 50/50 mix ups. In general, Deathstroke has a very difficult time doing damage, yet Aquaman does 40% from one of the best normal attacks in the game.

Okay. I exaggerate as far as Deathstroke normalizations go, but tell me how this character was not ruined? He went from top 5 to mid tier, possibly low mid tier, within a patch.

You call that balance?
Just because Tom wasn't familiar with DS f+3 doesn't mean I didn't know what to do if he figured it out. Dizzy was easily one of the best Aquaman players when he played. We grinded that match out a lot and he too found ways to deal with f+3. When I played Tom at UFGT I fully expected him to know about that move and deal with it accordlngly as Dizzy did. But once I found out he didn't know about it I abused it until I won. Such is the nature of winning a 2 out of 3 set.

The matchup doesn't end when Aquaman starts dealing with f+3. It advances and it keeps the matchup even for DS. I gave my advice for what to do when Aquaman starts looking for f+3 in the podcast. You get within f+3 range and you see how he reacts. If he jumps you AA. If he walks back to space it out you low gunshot. If he tries to d2 it on reaction mb it so it has armor or slighly delay it to cause him to whiff his d2 and then release. Or you can dash up d1/throw/block. The point is he has to respect f+3 before he can do anything, which gives DS the advantage and is why his control of the match makes up for his lack of damage.

If Aquaman activates trait after f+3, then you f+3 again to put him in more guard stun until his trait runs out and then he's forced to eat the 50/50 regardless. Or you can just simply throw since it'll push him away and you want to zone him out anyway.

Being top 5 pre-patch means the character was too simple to win with. Nobody enjoyed playing the against characers like Frost doing 40% resets/trait cancel 50/50's; Aquaman unpunishable scoops/corner block infinites; Superman f+2,3~breath pressure/eye lasers; BA runaway/zoning.

The same was with DS and his guns.

If a top 5 character got nerfed and they are still solid, I don't consider that 'ruined'. I would consider that mission accomplished. I think everyone would rather lose to a DS player who knows how to play the game instead of a DS player who just sits back and can get W's by cheesey gun shots that do massive chip.

I know you exaggerate the DS nerfs to humourous levels and its funny. But if you ask MK9 players would you like a patch where Kabal became a respectable mid to upper-mid tier character while Kenshi, Cyrax Freddy and Sonya get a little nerfed but remained top 10 if not top 5...I'd think everyone would sign off on it.

Regardless, DS is still good in my eyes. Top 15 for sure.