What's new

Kombat Pack

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I don't know if there's a general thread for this, but I just have a question: Is there any schedule or something for this? When is Shang Tsung being released? Where are the rest of the characters?

I didn't pre-order the Kombat Pack because they never really tried to actually sell it. The leaks about the characters came in days later when I had already pre-ordered the standard edition, but even then there wasn't even a render of some of those characters.

Do you think this got delayed because of the backlash of the last couple of days? Or is it just more poor marketing like this whole marketing campaign was?

At this point I feel a bit confused.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
There has been no information about when the Kombat Pack DLC will be released.
This is typical for all fighting games though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The only information we have is:
  • Shang Tsung is the first character.
  • All the characters in KP1 will be released this year.
That's all the info we have. We are assuming that Shang Tsung will be release later this month (May) because NRS with their past games always released one character every month.

I've heard some speculation/rumors that they are waiting to reveal all the characters once the new Terminator movie trailer releases so they can kinda sync up the announcement, but obviously take that with a grain of salt.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Maaaaaannn I thought this was the Kombat Pack lol. I’m upset.

Jason dropped a like a month in I think? But KP1 was revealed before the game even launched. Same with FP1 in I2. Wonder why they chose a different route this time
I have a theory that they didn't want to reveal all the DLC before the game came out because Ed got into this thing on Twitter when SC6 revealed all of it's DLC, saying "Revealing all the DLC before the game is out? #why" or something like that. Then everyone (including NRS devs) had to point out that they themselves had revealed all DLC before their games had even come out as well. Maybe they don't want to talk about it to avoid getting meme'd and more bad PR around launch.

That, and they are syncing up the reveal with the new Terminator movie trailer.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I just want Shang man.... I decided to focus on one or two characters this time around instead of my usual “play everyone” stance. I want the character to feel like an extension of my hands. I want to have a co-main with Shao Kahn but it has to be Shang, I don’t have a choice. I’m readyAF.

92.8 percent of my matches have been Kahn
7.2 baraka

That’s it lol.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please, no.

Just no.
I would be annoyed by it to but like we also know who the characters are already so I don't really care how they do it regardless

MCPeePants

Bout it
MKX - April 7, 2015

Jason - May 5
Tanya - June 2
Predator - July 7
Tremor - July 21

As stated, we knew about all the above BEFORE MKX was even released, so this cycle is rather strange.

I wish they'd hurry up. I've bought the premium edition and it would be nice to know what I've paid for.
I know, I know, I shouldn't preorder, but I'm impatient lol.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I don’t know when they’ll announce it bc they’ve done a lot of “different” things this cycle that end up being the same sooooo

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
Jason dropped like a month in I think?
Yeah this.

Red Hood + Jason released in their respective games a month after the game released.
I'd expect Shang Tsung to be no different, but as far as the Kombat Pack reveal, I'm surprised we've yet to get it, especially with the DLC leaks that are undoubtedly legitimate.

They'll probably do a reveal like a week or two before Shang Tsung released for KP owners.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Not sure what the silence is all about either. I feel like revealing the rest of it would be good to do while the game is still fresh in people's minds. A lot of us are going to be here either way but the more casual crowd might not care after a certain point in time. If it really does have Ash, Spawn and Terminator I feel like WB/NRS would want that out there, that will get people talking about the game for sure.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
We got another leak saying there is 19 DLC from PS4 datamine I think or do they say. Put that together with switch leak saying there are 3 fighter packs and only 9 confirmed and NRS saying they will support the game for a long time. We could be getting 3 Fighter Packs of 6 DLC each.

Probably slowly released with later packs bundled.

Nothing is concrete though.