What's new

Kombat pack overpriced

• Thread starter Deleted member 35141
  • Start date

KCJ506

Noob
Are all you people who are bitching complaining about every other fighter that does the same shit, too? Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, DOA etc.

Aside from it just flat out being worth it to me, think about it this way - Super Mario 3 for NES cost as much or MORE than you just paid for MK11. I remember seeing it for $75 in a store once as a kid. Games haven't gone up in price since then, and they cost a boatload more to make for obvious reasons. New releases cost the same then as they do now.

I'm not saying WB/NRS is hurting for money, but to get as much content as we will end up with in MK11 for $100 isn't some sort of insane ass raping. For the amount of work put into this game, it's well worth it to me. And again....you don't HAVE to buy the DLC. It's simply an option.
Believe me. There are people that complain about other fighters doing it as well. People tend to especially be more vocal about it when it's a Capcom fighter.

Thing is, things really weren't much different back before DLC. There was a time where the developers would add more content and charge you 50 to 60 dollars by calling it a new title. So if DLC didn't exist, we'd just be back to what happened in the past. For example, MK11 would just release with the base roster characters and then about a year later get an updated version with the DLC characters and maybe some game tweaks. Either that or the DLC characters wouldn't be in the game at all.

it's not about the game having dlc. thats standard in modern games. whats fucked up is that the season pass costs more than the individual characters. thats not the case with any other fighting game. there is also no other fighting game with early access dlc. this is a nrs exclusive problem. so any comment about "b-but game xy does this too" is horseshit. i know the game is fun but that doesn't mean i want to be exploited.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Still cheaper and a better deal than other FG for what you get. Namely Capcom and whoever made DB Fighters, you get less for 36 bucks.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
it's not about the game having dlc. thats standard in modern games. whats fucked up is that the season pass costs more than the individual characters. thats not the case with any other fighting game. there is also no other fighting game with early access dlc. this is a nrs exclusive problem. so any comment about "b-but game xy does this too" is horseshit. i know the game is fun but that doesn't mean i want to be exploited.
for the 500th time in this thread alone.. the Kombat Pack has other stuff NOT in the individual charicter things.. mainly a shit load of skins.. AND it is only 4 bucks more... get a fucking job you cheap bastards!!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
"Early access" really isn't as condemned as it should be. I say that as someone who buys the Pass for every game too.

If the access was actually early, then it wouldn't be a finished character. We're just getting the characters on time, while everyone else gets them late. Thats bitchmade as fuck

We are getting 6 characters for $40. Street Fighter V has charged more for fucking skins. Don't like the price? Stick with the main roster. Very simple.
Hold on now. Sf5 not perfect but I've gotten 4 dlc characters and can get 2 more by just having played the game

I mean I would never buy the Kombat pack but there are obviously some suckers that pre-ordered it without knowing full well what's in it. They're still hiding the remaining two but I don't care because I'm only buying spawn most likely

"Early access" really isn't as condemned as it should be. I say that as someone who buys the Pass for every game too.

If the access was actually early, then it wouldn't be a finished character. We're just getting the characters on time, while everyone else gets them late. Thats bitchmade as fuck
This early access shit is mad wack for fighting games

$6 for a characters with all the skins, gear, intros outros, dialogue, etc. is not too much. Also, remember that you're getting 6 characters, early access to those 6 characters, 19 skins (according to the most recent trailer from Netherrealm), and free sets of gear. To me that is well worth the price.
Did you just say with all the skins gear etc? I'm pretty sure you have to unlock all that. Imagine paying separately for a character and still having to go through the mk11 process of unlocking everything for said character

Amirluc

Kaballin'
"Exclusive character skins". so the same skins but with a different shader lolol. Whatever man, its your money to waiste, the consumers in the gaming industry suffers because of idiots like you. If drones want to throw their hard earned money down the drain go ahead. The sad part is people by these kombat packs without even maining the characters in them. If you want to lab against these characters just look up their frame data or play against sets with a friend who have the packs.
Ninja mime johnny and movie shang aren't skins you can get anywhere else. Also, people are free to spend their money how they like.

Yeah, $40 is pretty ridiculous. You can get the whole game for around that price right now. It shouldn't have been anymore than $30. Even then, I thought $30 was lot for the Kombat Pack 2 they had in MKX.

trufenix

bye felicia
I didn't buy it bc I know i'm not going to main any of the characters in the kombat pack. I wouldn't spend 2/3 of the price of the game just for 6 characters and some "exclusive skins" (ie more shader bs). $40 bucks for essentialy 6 characters is way overpriced, and I don't like the feeling of being violated by a big corporation like Warner Bros. I can't believe how many people fall for these corporate cock sukers and get scammed
The good news is you don't have to! The system works!

D

Deleted member 35141

So I guess I should clarify what my OP was about cause most seem to only read 1 line and make "gotcha" posts.

As a gamer that doesnt only play MK the industry standard for season passes is you pay a good chunk up front for all the dlc but cheaper than if you bought it individually. That is not the case here.
People mocked the 4$ extra get a job bum (nice response) that wasnt the point I was making it was more about season pass vs individual purchase as my other lines said.

Last thing is I think it funny on this site all I read is "wow this games costumes suck" or "grinding for skins sucks" now their being used to defend the kombat pack lol.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
So I guess I should clarify what my OP was about cause most seem to only read 1 line and make "gotcha" posts.

As a gamer that doesnt only play MK the industry standard for season passes is you pay a good chunk up front for all the dlc but cheaper than if you bought it individually. That is not the case here.
People mocked the 4$ extra get a job bum (nice response) that wasnt the point I was making it was more about season pass vs individual purchase as my other lines said.

Last thing is I think it funny on this site all I read is "wow this games costumes suck" or "grinding for skins sucks" now their being used to defend the kombat pack lol.
With normal Season passes yes, that would make no sense. Here with MK11 it´s a bit different. If you buy the characters seperately you will only get the character, no additional Skins. With the Season pass you will also get Skins. That´s why there is a difference with the price.

Auron

Look, it has begun.
"Exclusive character skins". so the same skins but with a different shader lolol. Whatever man, its your money to waiste, the consumers in the gaming industry suffers because of idiots like you. If drones want to throw their hard earned money down the drain go ahead. The sad part is people by these kombat packs without even maining the characters in them. If you want to lab against these characters just look up their frame data or play against sets with a friend who have the packs.
I didn't buy it bc I know i'm not going to main any of the characters in the kombat pack. I wouldn't spend 2/3 of the price of the game just for 6 characters and some "exclusive skins" (ie more shader bs). $40 bucks for essentialy 6 characters is way overpriced, and I don't like the feeling of being violated by a big corporation like Warner Bros. I can't believe how many people fall for these corporate cock sukers and get scammed

Since you're here saying every single person with a Kombat pack is a retarded drone I'll be sincere with you, You're the idiot. Everyone who complains about DLC in fighting games today is grossly mistaken. Not only are the games kept alive far longer because of it and the constant patching we get to have* but it's a far better deal than what we used to have from the 90's up until 2010ish.

You're probably young so I'll enlighten you. In 91 arcades got a game called Street Fighter II, the series created the modern fighting game genre by drawing upon various games of the time. So after a while there was Street Fighter 2 Dash, then Dash Turbo, then Super and X:Grandmaster Challenge/Super Turbo. Games were patched back then by means of new revisions that came to arcades.

Eventually that trend came to console ports and we had three Street Fighter 3's, three Mortal Kombat 3's, Two Mortal Kombat 4's, three or four Street Fighter IV's and every single new release was a new game purchase. Nowadays you get to buy the base game and you get all the patches and support, with the option of getting characters and skins. You see there's a freedom now when before if you wanted to play the current version with everyone else or go to tournaments you'd buy a fucking "new game" every year.

It's not hard to understand why people are fine with it is it? Also the Kombat Pack people are potentially keeping the game alive so you can continue playing, Warner could drop support if the game stopped selling, and that's not even getting into where the Pro series money comes from or why it's worth it to maintain it, hope you enjoyed this Fighting game history lecture.

*In case it's not perfectly clear, the DLC often funds the patching process. I thought it best to explain since very basic concepts are being missed in this thread.

Out of curiosity, can someone clarify the Gear and Skins that come with the Kombat Pack released thus far? I know the Ninja Mime Johnny Cage Skin is one of the seven skins.

trufenix

bye felicia
Out of curiosity, can someone clarify the Gear and Skins that come with the Kombat Pack released thus far? I know the Ninja Mime Johnny Cage Skin is one of the seven skins.
Ninja Johnny, The classics, and movie shang. The gear is almost unknowable since its already folded into the rest of the game modes, but I'm sure somebody has a before / after list.

Ninja Johnny, The classics, and movie shang. The gear is almost unknowable since its already folded into the rest of the game modes, but I'm sure somebody has a before / after list.
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you think the klassic Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot skins count as one skin, or three in this case?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Word around the block is that there is a super secret deal coming up next year called something like the "gold edition." Rumor has it that you'll allegedly be able to just pay $60 and get the base game and all the DLC included, but you didn't hear it from me.

trufenix

bye felicia
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you think the klassic Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot skins count as one skin, or three in this case?
I'm unclear specifically what you're asking, but I can tell you each of them has a new skin (does not need to be unlocked) that comes in I think 3 colors, each one named uniquely. They do not have a rarity attached and they don't say anything like Found in the Krypt or anything, they're just there at the end of Scorp / Sub / Noob's list. Shang similarly has two skins (the movie ones) that lack rarity and locations, they're just unlocked. I would assume johnny is the same.

The gear, on the other hand I do not think is as obvious or unlocked. Shang MUST have come with a few items unlocked because I have about 10 things already, but the ninjas I do not think anything new unlocked for free, there were definitely new selections in the menu, but again, they added a bunch of stuff in the patch so no way to tell.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Why are people not understanding that he’s not saying 40 is too much. But his point is if it’s 6 for 1 character, it’s cheaper to buy them individually. Usually the point of buying something in bulk is to get a discount.