What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Yeah no I’m pretty sure the game is dead at this point. Perhaps I should start making a wishlist for that Marvel game that’s rumored to be in development...

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yeah no I’m pretty sure the game is dead at this point. Perhaps I should start making a wishlist for that Marvel game that’s rumored to be in development...
Seems like it. People saying KP3 will be announced at TGA are in denial. I guess this is over, folks.

I can't remember, has NRS ever announced any DLC in coordination with an event? It feels like it's always an out-of-the-blue announcement when stuff comes.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I think MK11 is done. It's a large game with a ton of content that has already received multiple DLC packs, can't say it was under-supported or sent out to die.

I really wonder how the last pack sold. Are there any numbers out there for that kind of thing? It seems like they were definitely planning more but one way or the other the plug was pulled and I would like to know why. Did the Mil/Rain/Rambo pack underperform?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I imagine Covid was a pretty big setback. However, I hate this notion that a game is considered "dead" once it stop receiving updates. There are enough active MK11 communities that no one who wants to continue to enjoy the game should ever have trouble finding people to enjoy it with. I probably had the most fun I've ever had with MKX just dicking around on it with @Sutter Pain in the months leading up to MK11. You don't need 10,000 active players to enjoy the game, you just need those handful who enjoy it as much as you do.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I imagine Covid was a pretty big setback. However, I hate this notion that a game is considered "dead" once it stop receiving updates. There are enough active MK11 communities that no one who wants to continue to enjoy the game should ever have trouble finding people to enjoy it with. I probably had the most fun I've ever had with MKX just dicking around on it with @Sutter Pain in the months leading up to MK11. You don't need 10,000 active players to enjoy the game, you just need those handful who enjoy it as much as you do.
It's funny as soon as I heard about the ignore forums feature the first thing I did was mute leak threads lol. MKX was fun as hell though def enjoyed it more than mk11.

While at this point I'd be very surprised if we got additional content in the way of more characters, Story Mode, Krypt expansions, etc., I'm still hoping for at least one more larger balance patch. Time will tell.

However, I hate this notion that a game is considered "dead" once it stop receiving updates.
Or if a game is no longer prominent in e-sports. I've seen that sited a lot for a game being "dead." Generally, I find most people going on that a game is dead are generally people who a) don't like the game overall or b) like the game but are poor at it and take their frustrations out by trying to lower the value of the game.

I mean, StarCraft II was apparently "dead" in, what, 2013?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I imagine Covid was a pretty big setback. However, I hate this notion that a game is considered "dead" once it stop receiving updates. There are enough active MK11 communities that no one who wants to continue to enjoy the game should ever have trouble finding people to enjoy it with.
I agree completely. I really hate the negativity in the FGC around "dead" games. It can be a bummer when a game you're passionate about falls out of the spotlight, but it isn't dead until you're the only one playing left.

I agree completely. I really hate the negativity in the FGC around "dead" games. It can be a bummer when a game you're passionate about falls out of the spotlight, but it isn't dead until you're the only one playing left.
Sadly, it's not just an FGC thing. I've seen it for pretty much every genre.

At the end of the day, if you enjoy a game, play it! Odds are there will be others out there playing it too, even if the player base is small.

Oh it's a small game published by Valve in 2000. It's widely considered a "dead game" but in some weekends you can still find three or four people playing it lol

Ah, yes. It came with Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition back in '98, so I technically own it.