What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

trufenix

bye felicia
....Right but didn't we also, in that same datamine, get characters that did end up being in the game? So there was good reason to believe that he was coming.
Pretending now that because part of the literally fake news was true we should lend random guesses credence in the future is exactly how things got THIS bad. Especially considering how many times NRS and Bruce Campbell himself had to get involved in the absurd lie. That's a waste of everyone's time and does more damage then good and you know it.

The only good reason to believe a character is in is when NRS / WB put out a trailer.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Pretending now that because part of the literally fake news was true we should lend random guesses credence in the future is exactly how things got THIS bad. Especially considering how many times NRS and Bruce Campbell himself had to get involved in the absurd lie. That's a waste of everyone's time and does more damage then good and you know it.

The only good reason to believe a character is in is when NRS / WB put out a trailer.
I'm not suggesting you should believe everything you read with these leaks. Even then with that datamine I was referring to was and should be taken with a grain of salt. And your right, that is the only time you should believe someone is coming is when the trailer is out.

All I was saying is that datamine ended up being pretty much word for word righ, other than ash, which is why we had that expectation he was coming. Even datamines after that one still had files for him and there was that whole email fiasco from NRS or WB that named Ash and evil dead/AoD in the credits that also helped lead to this expectation. So there was a little more evidence he was coming, well at this point supposed to be coming, than just one datamine or some random 4chan/reddit leak saying he's coming

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Yup, word for word right except for where it was totally wrong, and as a consequence wasted time, wasted money, and wasted hype. Totally worth it.

Alternatively, we could lend zero credence to this leak bullshit and go back to letting devs release games the way they wantt to, but this isn't about them, right?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Trufenix, that's very disingenuous - Ash was cut content and we know this from not only the sheer amount of data related to him in the game but also this specific message that got updated

To say nothing of a certain email that had copyright info regarding Ash from Army of Darkness, or the chainsaw sound at the end of the Shang trailer when the words "two more guests" show up (which is followed by a slight music cue resembling the terminator theme)
That's really not fair to compare it to the same leak bullshit of Aftermath 2 - In fact, I find it strange you mention Bruce getting involved about clearing out this "absurd lie" when he literally said this in his drive in Q&A after being asked point blank about him showing up on mk11 as Ash
(18:33): "The jury is still out because look, the truth is very simple. Characters are kinda owned by companies, including Ash. So, sometimes those companies aren't allowed to loan characters between franchises because other companies go, 'WHOA!' then you have to make a deal if you're gonna... it's like loaning out Humphrey Bogart to another studio. You know? The studio makes a deal... it gets weird sometimes, so it might not happen because of legal crap. "
If anything, given all the previous evidence + this, it's pretty clear Ash was planned for KP1 and then dropped due to legal issues.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Yup, word for word right except for where it was totally wrong, and as a consequence wasted time, wasted money, and wasted hype. Totally worth it.

Alternatively, we could lend zero credence to this leak bullshit and go back to letting devs release games the way they wantt to, but this isn't about them, right?
No one needs to get into "leak" discussions, if it bothers too much. Do I like leaks? No, but sometimes it's fun to talk about it. (Even developers can sometimes profit on "leak" discussions.) Everyone knows leaks are not a guarantee to anything!

I don't believe any "anonymous" internet post, all just trolls :D
(Dataminers have good argues tho. Here its for sure the fault of the developers to still leave stuff in the game that can and will lead to leaks. How can you in 2021 work in the game industries and be not aware of smart Dataminers? OR you are super smart and lead to false "trails" in your game code - master trolls)

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Trufenix, that's very disingenuous - Ash was cut content and we know this from not only the sheer amount of data related to him in the game but also this specific message that got updated
View attachment 18220

To say nothing of a certain email that had copyright info regarding Ash from Army of Darkness, or the chainsaw sound at the end of the Shang trailer when the words "two more guests" show up (which is followed by a slight music cue resembling the terminator theme)
That's really not fair to compare it to the same leak bullshit of Aftermath 2 - In fact, I find it strange you mention Bruce getting involved about clearing out this "absurd lie" when he literally said this in his drive in Q&A after being asked point blank about him showing up on mk11 as Ash
(18:33): "The jury is still out because look, the truth is very simple. Characters are kinda owned by companies, including Ash. So, sometimes those companies aren't allowed to loan characters between franchises because other companies go, 'WHOA!' then you have to make a deal if you're gonna... it's like loaning out Humphrey Bogart to another studio. You know? The studio makes a deal... it gets weird sometimes, so it might not happen because of legal crap. "
If anything, given all the previous evidence + this, it's pretty clear Ash was planned for KP1 and then dropped due to legal issues.
He's going to ignore it. I basically said the same thing as you

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Now you also got into my head ...
Pro league finals are done, right?
E3 has only 2 days left with a last little breath still there but if E3 is over and no news to MK11, I will also lose hope ... hope is a bitch and a tool by the devil ...

I am sad now, what a great game you still could go on with ...

... 2026 till MK12 ... my head hurts ...

trufenix

bye felicia
View attachment 18220

I stand corrected, your batshit theory that only anonymous leak lovers believe is probably right on the money.

Still, Ash was still never confirmed. Not even by your insane conspiracy standards.

Thanks for confirming the leak was and still is a giant waste of time.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I stand corrected, your batshit theory that only anonymous leak lovers believe is probably right on the money.

Still, Ash was still never confirmed. Not even by your insane conspiracy standards.

Thanks for confirming the leak was and still is a giant waste of time.
Fam. How is an official popup in the game, a datamine and an allusion to a deal that sadly got ruined a conspiracy theory?
The aftermath leak is a waste of time, we both agree, there's zero evidence supporting it - I'm just pointing out it's not fair to put Ash in the same boat as he was planned content that got cut. That's a world of difference between both, in fact I find it downright insulting you have barely done anything to refute a single point and just resort to ad hominem attacks and put me together with the aftermath 2 believers lmao.
The only thing you have said is ash wasn't confirmed - technically HALF true when you consider you know...that official KP1 pop in that did in fact confirm him? I say half true because the pop up was later updated, fair, but given everything else we know already - it's really not a stretch to say that he was planned then removed.

trufenix

bye felicia
You're still referencing a screen pop-up (that coincidentally only happened on one system and only two people on earth saw? Okay) and a datamine (pfft, do you have any idea how much bullshit nrs puts in their code to fuck with you people) as if those things have never been faked before. As if every confirmed fake attempt to fake confirm literally anything hasn't already been tried and isn't still being tried right now with supposed confirmations for characters in every mk game ever. This is just the one that fooled you, pal. Same as a bunch of others I'm guessing. They had announcer voice samples for Fujin in MKX, bro. He was CONFIRMED, I KNOW IT!

Keep going on this Ash thing though, the truth is definitely still out there on that one switch in Russia that got datamined. Some day WB will have to come clean about how Ash was confirmed all along, but the man kept him down, bribed Bruce Campbell, and then forced NRS to put in Robocop and Mileena in their bloody punchy video game instead.

Lmfao you kids