What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

DeftMonk

Noob
I think it’s kinda funny that MK news is so dead, we have resorted to arguing about the name of probably one of the most irrelevant characters in the whole series
I am gonna go over to the street fighter twitter and start complaining about "Joe" from street fighter series. Might as well just call this guy "Rando White Man". Didn't even give him a last name... damn.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Marvel fighting game possibly in development by Mortal Kombat’s NetherRealm

Injustice and Mortal Kombat developer NetherRealm could be creating the next big Marvel fighting game.

BY LEWIS WHITE• APR 26, 2021
PSX Marvel

After the disappointment of Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, the hybrid fans of comics and fighters have been pining for another game. Capcom’s latest outing was a massive dud for fans of the long-running fighting game franchise. Missing fan favourite characters, an ugly art style change and more ruined what could’ve been great.
With that in mind, how about a new look at what the iconic IP could be. According to certain rumours, that’s just what’s happening, and apparently NetherRealm Studios is at the helm.
NetherRealm Studios’ Marvel fighting game
According to renowned leaker Daniel Richtman, NetherRealm Studios is working on a Marvel fighting game for next-gen consoles. Details are incredibly sparse on this latest leak, but Richtman does state that the game is already in production at the studio.
Disney has been keen to expend the reach of its IP through licensed video games. Of course, there was the recent Marvel’s Avengers title as well as a slurry of new Star Wars titles. Thirdly, there’s even a new Indiana Jones game in development.
On the other hand, NetherRealm Studios is highly proficient at creating fantastic, long-supported fighting games. In fact, they’re the creator behind the fantastic D.C fighting game Injustice, an edgy take on the universe the still tones down the violence compared to Mortal Kombat.

Despite being owned by Warner Bros, there’s no reason why NetherRealm wouldn’t be able to create a new Marvel fighting game. Outside of Capcom or SNK, they’re probably the best chance to get a quality fighter based on the IP.
Read More: Robert Pattinson reportedly mad at WB plans for multiple Batmen
What’s next for NetherRealm Studios?
Mortal Kombat 11 and its single player DLC were designed to be the final entry in a new trilogy. Following the release of these games, it was assumed that NetherRealm Studios would be working on Injustice 3.
Released in 2017, Injustice 2 had two endings. In one, Superman is sent into the Phantom Zone and Supergirl joins the Justice League. In the other, Superman brainwashes Batman and reinstates his Regime to rule Earth. Both of these endings leave the story pretty open ended for an eventual sequel.
However, if NetherRealm is truly working on a Marvel fighting game instead of the ending of their DC trilogy, it might be a while until we see this. Then again, the studio does typically have two titles in development at any given time. Perhaps, we’ll see both!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
wow, really ? one thing is WB taking the IP license of one minor character (Predator) that in 2015 belonged to Fox, a direct commercial competitor, and share the profits .... same for Alien, but , it was small stuff, and did not eclipsed the MK X roster anyway

another story, is , WB , doing a fucking entire game , using a IP from a direct competitor, and the biggest of all (Disney), and , spending millions of dollars in development costs, for, in the end , have to give 50% sales profit for Marvel \ Disney, with a huge risk of , if the game being a great success and just ending up being a tough competitor of any future Injustice game, or just overshadow any another DC game to be come .....

WB is a commercial company, profit is it goal, but, they are that donkey ? would you feed you enemy , to, next, they come up and stab your in the back and fuck you up in the ass ? really ? :D

This rumour is pure bullshit, internet troll gossip and too much hard to be taken serious, lol !

Wait for E3 , for Injustice 3 to be announced, also, MK11 KP3 is dead, will not happen, hehe ! :p

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Disney would be paying WB to make the game. Its not like wb makes the game 100% with their own money, and then splits profits with disney.

Disney would be fronting the majority of the cost of development, its a lucrative deal for WB.

Also there is no "direct competitor" companies only wanna make money, there is no rivalry lol.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I honestly doubt we’re getting a KP3 at this point. The way NRS is dead silent for months is very telling, especially now with the Marvel vs DC rumour. If it turns out to be true, I honestly don’t think we’ll get a KP3 or any more content for MK11.

At this point NRS should just make a statement wether or not there’s content coming for the game, so people don’t have to constantly live in uncertainty about the future of this game.
Okay if this is true I’m gonna leak fluids

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Disney would be paying WB to make the game. Its not like wb makes the game 100% with their own money, and then splits profits with disney.

Disney would be fronting the majority of the cost of development, its a lucrative deal for WB.

Also there is no "direct competitor" companies only wanna make money, there is no rivalry lol.
Rooflemonger, a leak from 2 months ago.... what do you think?

Looks like it’s coming from a leaked email between two devs. Characters are codenamed “Obama” and “Jess”, both have common powers related to Spiders and electricity. Leaker thinks this is Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) and Miles Morales and that this is a Marvel game.

IMO if this leak were legit that makes sense since both of them have venom blast powers. But Jessica Drew doesn’t user web shooters or even spider sense so they must have neutered either her or Miles like they did Vixen in Injustice 2 just so she could be Cheetah's echo fighter.

Copy-Paste from 4chan

I got a hold of a leaked email from Netherrealm Studios. Apparently a character artist and a character programmer are discussing how to make two liscended characters smiliar enough in termes of design and moveset to where they can make them both echo fighters like characters in Injustice 2.
The two characters in question were codnammed "Jess" and "Obama", are female and male respctively, and both have electric & spider-like abilities.

My guess is that Netherrealm is making a Marvel project and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew?) and Miles Morales are going to be premeir skins of eachother. But i could be wrong.
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/542962656

I'm giving it until the end of the first week of May to see if they announce additional DLC for MK11, but if nothing is announced by then I'll just assume that they've moved on from MK11 and are gearing up to announce the next game in production at E3.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Rooflemonger, a leak from 2 months ago.... what do you think?

Looks like it’s coming from a leaked email between two devs. Characters are codenamed “Obama” and “Jess”, both have common powers related to Spiders and electricity. Leaker thinks this is Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) and Miles Morales and that this is a Marvel game.

IMO if this leak were legit that makes sense since both of them have venom blast powers. But Jessica Drew doesn’t user web shooters or even spider sense so they must have neutered either her or Miles like they did Vixen in Injustice 2 just so she could be Cheetah's echo fighter.

Copy-Paste from 4chan

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/542962656
1) whose rooflemonger

2) I can't say I know anything about that specifically. There are things I 100% know in the FGC, and well, those are the things I can't talk about(not nrs related though). I have also heard rumours about NRS marvel though without anything concrete to back it up, just whispers. Lots of times when I hear whispers about XYZ its just as equal a chance of someone blowing smoke up my ass, as it is the real deal.

Slymind

Noob
I'm giving it until the end of the first week of May to see if they announce additional DLC for MK11, but if nothing is announced by then I'll just assume that they've moved on from MK11 and are gearing up to announce the next game in production at E3.
My faith goes till the end of the pro competition, if they do not announce anything till the final day, then this game's support cycle in my mind is done for good, which would be my greatest dissapointment on NRS yet.

If MK11 is left in the dust as it is, i'm not supporting their next title until a good sale comes up.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
My faith goes till the end of the pro competition, if they do not announce anything till the final day, then this game's support cycle in my mind is done for good, which would be my greatest dissapointment on NRS yet.

If MK11 is left in the dust as it is, i'm not supporting their next title until a good sale comes up.
Same here, they need a better CM and honest paidworkers. i am getting sick of seeing " ooo devs doesn't own you anything, be grateful, the game doesn't have any problem " type of brainless fanboy comments, tweets etc.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't really care about new content, its already had 2 dlc passes beyond the first planned one. Inj2 only had the one roadmap. I'm more worried about them leaving the game in the state its in. This game is boring af, I personally want them to go balls out crazy if they're moving on to the next project

Slymind

Noob
I don't really care about new content, its already had 2 dlc passes beyond the first planned one. Inj2 only had the one roadmap. I'm more worried about them leaving the game in the state its in. This game is boring af, I personally want them to go balls out crazy if they're moving on to the next project
That's my concern, but for different reasons.

I love MK11, it's my favorite in series. The thing is, i think this game could be so much more with the right adjustments. The groundwork is all there imo, different from MK9 and X where they had to patch the hell out of those games and even then there was still much. With MK11 i feel they had a very solid foundation, but their complacency to do something meaninful has been baffling. Event the big change everyone wanted which was customs, was underwhelming because they didn't bother to revisit the characters' abilities and tweak them in a way to significantly expand the viable builds.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
If this game is not getting any update, this Ed Boon tweet to me is insulting.
He must know how fucked up Sheeva in MK11 is, and now he is trolling all of us MK players with that post. (at least to me) "Sheeva wins, hahahaha" ...

If this game is not getting patched, I will play my KL games only with her, with the intention to HURT the game even more! (Only till champion and unlocking the brutals, I already have quit KL after these tasks.) Glad I have so much fun with Tekken7.

The end of the pro competition is also to me the last sign to hold up and I hold this sign really high. :D
(What a year, I lost faith in CDPR (straight up liars) and NRS? ...)

... rant over, for now ...

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Please no more "characters are just functions" bullshit. If they're making a Marvel fighting game, bring on Magneto, Dr. Doom, the Sentinel, the X-Men and OF COURSE Omega Red. Don't make it MCU-centric.
I think what most people didn't understand is that these weren't the same licenses back in the day. If you don't have the license, you don't have a choice. It's often a separate negotiation and there's no guarantee that the terms will be agreed to.

It's not likely that Capcom just randomly decided not to have X-Men.. It's far more likely that there were rights issues that couldn't be resolved in time for Infinite.

Fox owned performance rights for the X-Men, Marvel owned the Avengers, etc. until Marvel bought them out again in 2019. And Sony owns performance rights for Spiderman, so anybody saying stuff like "If it's a Marvel game they better have Spiderman in it" probably just doesn't understand how these things work.

And it's a question of what Disney wants to push. We're not getting mutants into the MCU any time soon, so they may well negotiate only about properties they have in the pipeline.

I'm not usually one to read too much into random Ed Boon shit posts, but with all the ninja/Queen references...
And you shouldn't. When i saw that tweet i figured it was something related to the original team getting together for something... and what do you know next tweet is a photo of the OG MK1 guys all together.

Now i'm sure someone will read something into this about Tobias coming back to retcon the whole MK11 story and bringing it back to it's former glory... or maybe it's just 4 friends meeting up at some event...