What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Man, his name is MAVADO. He can't come back with that name.

The word "malvado" means "evil" (adjective) in spanish. See how dumb his name is? It's MALVADO without an L. If his name was adapted to english it would be something like EVI or even dumber like EVLI. Imagine a character named like that. Except it exists! It's called MAVADO

Everytime I see the word MAVADO I want to punch a boulder
And Havik is a pun on havoc, Noob Saibot is Boon Tobias, Nightwolf is well, yeah ...
So what's your point?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
And Havik is a pun on havoc, Noob Saibot is Boon Tobias, Nightwolf is well, yeah ...
So what's your point?
Havik is stylized enough. Noob Saibot is not bad at all. What's wrong with Nightwolf? Would you complain about Chief Thunder too? Bo Rai Cho is stylized too and sounds funny.

Mavado is incredibly stupid. Accept that fact.

Slymind

Noob
Havik is stylized enough. Noob Saibot is not bad at all. What's wrong with Nightwolf? Would you complain about Chief Thunder too? Bo Rai Cho is stylized too and sounds funny.

Mavado is incredibly stupid. Accept that fact.
Mavado really sounds silly as heck for everyone who speaks neo latin languages, even more so for spanish and portuguese, but maybe not so bad for other types of languages. His design is imo one of the bests from that era though(which is not saying much but still).

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Man, his name is MAVADO. He can't come back with that name.

The word "malvado" means "evil" (adjective) in spanish. See how dumb his name is? It's MALVADO without an L. If his name was adapted to english it would be something like EVI or even dumber like EVLI. Imagine a character named like that. Except it exists! It's called MAVADO

Everytime I see the word MAVADO I want to punch a boulder
Eve is a common enough name. Even "Evi" (like "ee-vee") isn't unheard of. "A variant spelling of the name Evie which itself is a variant of the Hebrew name Eve, this being derived from the Hebrew 'chava' meaning 'life'."

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Going by that logic of being similar to a real world, names like Kollector, Meat, Blaze, Noob, Nightwolf and even Reptile are way worst than Mavado tbh
For real. Like, a Japanese ninja goes to hell, returns as a revenant with fire powers and a spear, and decides to call himself the English word for an arachnid because...reasons? Last I checked, scorpions don't teleport, shoot fire, or do ninjutsu. Or maybe Japanese scorpions are just way more intense than I realized...

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
FYI, Bo Rai Cho sounds like Borracho in spanish (even pronounced near identically), which means drunk (or more appropiately, drunkard in this case) Guess what BRC does?

Even funnier, several of MKDA's files call him drunk and drunkenfighter.

I dunno the megaboss Titan and ultimate architect of time is named... Kronika.
Cetrion literally gets made fun of in an intro for sounding like an Insurance Company.

I get what you guys are saying but sometimes a REALLY stupid name doesn't do already bad characters like Mavado any favors.
At least Reptile, Noob, Nightwolf, Kabal, manage to rise above their silly names because y'know people still think they're cool.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Cetrion literally gets made fun of in an intro for sounding like an Insurance Company.
'Cetrion' makes me think of cars, to be honest.

As a Greek, where the name Mavado doesn't mean anything, it's just fine.

I think Meat is the worst MK character name there is.

No, I think a man literally called Noob takes the cake.
Which is probably why every single character in-game calls him Bi Han.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yeah, and we have one character whose name is a contraction of "error macro"

I like how multi-purpose this thread is lol

Art Lean

Noob
For the record I don't actually have any problems with Mavado's name. I mean sure you can tell me what it means, but without the cultural awareness and experience, it still sounds fine to me. A bit like Jade, which here in Britain is a really rather horribly white trash "chavvy" name, yet her name sounds so much more mystical in MK's context because of the characterisation (and thankfully doesn't remind me of guests on the Jeremy Kyle Show).

Needless to say there's lots of stupid names in Mortal Kombat, even for beloved characters. Rain, Smoke, Kitana (since it's just a Japanese sword spelled slightly differently), The Kollector, hell even Sheeva (they simply named her wholesale after the four-armed Hindu goddess, Shiva, inventive lads), but when the characters are well designed and have good back stories, their dopey names cease to matter and we love them entirely regardless.

With Mavado for me it's simply the fact that he's a fedora and katana away from posing for an edgelord photograph in his mum's dining room. And the Red Dragon was just lazy as hell writing. It's no surprise they only had two members who were both absolute clowns. Plus it turned the Black Dragon from being a very terrestrial scumbag terrorist organisation to the offshoot from an ancient mystical religion with talking cartoon dragons from Edenia? Ugh.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Worst names?

Try Moloch. Darrius. Kobra (really?). Ashrah. Jarek. Frost. Skarlet. BELOKK.

These all sound like a single person just started spouting nonsensical names for fun and someone really wrote them down.

MK is way ahead in most stupid names ever in a game.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Kronika is definitely the worst MK name in recent memory for me. It sounds likes the name of an 8th grader's OC character they created after reading a picture book about Greek mythology.

Please never return to Mortal Kombat.

So people probably have seen that the attention whore is back and Todd Garner was sent all his fake movie nonsense, as well as MK12 and more KP for MK11, and he debunked all of it.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So people probably have seen that the attention whore is back and Todd Garner was sent all his fake movie nonsense, as well as MK12 and more KP for MK11, and he debunked all of it.
Really? Todd Garner debunked kp3? AND mk12? Wow. I had no idea he's so in-the-house where mk11 is concerned.

DeftMonk

Noob
This thread is hilarious to me. When people get tired of complaining about gameplay the next thing is "YO WTF IS THIS NAME???? WHAT A NOOB ASS DEV TEAM". Other games working with the dumbest names in history and we over here complaining about some guys name is silly if you are Latino. Every single chinese sounding name in mk history is made with sounds that dont even exist in the chinese/japanese alphabet yet some of them still speaking chinese. Who cares bruh for real. Street Fighter fans over there happy af with current state of the game and the main boss of that character has gone by like 4 names and one of them was a knock off of Mike Tyson, (M. Bison) but nobody give a fuck. Just have fun quit complainin lol.

Last edited: