What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

So is it confirmed that we are at least getting something or is everything speculation?
Everything here is naive dreams and shitposts from 4chan. NRS doesn't say anything because they could not care less about the community.

Which, to be fair, hasn't impacted the sales of the game any, so as a business, they can point to graphs where the less fucks they give, the more they gain. Just something everyone should keep in mind when their next game comes out.

smoke420

Noob
i believe 16 bit and others from NRS do listen to the community.... mileena is perfect example. she wasn't in this game, and wasn't going to be. we forced it by spamming her everywhere.

keep bitchin, complaining, griping, muttering about your characters not in the game... it might work.

cant win the lotto if you dont play.... cant receive if you dont ask.

Art Lean

Noob
Concerning NRS' communiction, i wonder how much they can actually say, at the end of the day they are a studio under contract, the IP is not theirs, there is the WB factor into account.
Indeed, when Realm Kast interviewed Garrett Warren (director of the shelved, but completed, third series of Legacy "MK X: Generations"), he was under a strict NDA from Warner Bros to not talk about anything other than what was already public knowledge. And that's for a cheap unreleased web series from a few years ago that doesn't impact anything in the larger MK franchise. Who knows what restrictions NRS themselves are under.

DeftMonk

Noob
Concerning NRS' communiction, i wonder how much they can actually say, at the end of the day they are a studio under contract, the IP is not theirs, there is the WB factor into account.
This is not a new situation. Yet for inj 2 and mkx there was constant communication. They just seem like they pulled a harada and are like "community is idiots fuck this shit" but unlike harada they didn't appoint some idiot to deal with it (even if said idiot did a shoddy job). All jokes aside sf5 has constant updates lately and news, dbfz just released a new dlc character not long ago and probably will have news very soon , and many other japanese games. Hell they are even doing a japanese developer round table Q&A regularly discussing all their games.

NRS is dropping the ball here in a big way. I kinda fear the reason is because they said they will roll out dlc slower but over the course of several years in a new support plan then internally kinda decided oof maybe not fuck it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Bruh don’t fuck with me... is this a thing?
Is WB Games going to make a game using their direct media rival corporations IPs? Also... Is Dinsey going to share?

The answer is no. (am imo.. Thank fuck for that)

DeftMonk

Noob
Is WB Games going to make a game using their direct media rival corporations IPs? Also... Is Dinsey going to share?

The answer is no. (am imo.. Thank fuck for that)
I didn't assume he mean't nrs marvel game. He just said new marvel. As much as I like nrs if they got ahold of the marvel IP I would be pretty upset actually...ya infinite was obviously a fumble but I still have hope for the series. If marvel vs was dead and the next injustice was dc v marvel I would not rejoice at all. NRS games are like the fast food of the fgc...and while I do enjoy fast food pls keep it away from my sushii(marvel).

Seeing Oro returning to Street Fighter with the last DLC season and Roshi in Dragon Ball Fighterz also in the last season, I cannot help but crave the crazy, quirky, unique, weirdest yet cool character with funny moves and potential in Havik. To me at least Havik is that one character you can just go nuts with and be a bit silly, but still very powerful. Bo Rai Cho might have the market on being the silliest character, but both Roshi and Oro are exceptional fighters and just have funny styles. Havik is that character for me and also has that hermit / loner status. Havik doesn't really have allies or foes really, just wants to use people to create chaos and disorder everywhere.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Seeing Oro returning to Street Fighter with the last DLC season and Roshi in Dragon Ball Fighterz also in the last season, I cannot help but crave the crazy, quirky, unique, weirdest yet cool character with funny moves and potential in Havik. To me at least Havik is that one character you can just go nuts with and be a bit silly, but still very powerful. Bo Rai Cho might have the market on being the silliest character, but both Roshi and Oro are exceptional fighters and just have funny styles. Havik is that character for me and also has that hermit / loner status. Havik doesn't really have allies or foes really, just wants to use people to create chaos and disorder everywhere.
I know I'm biased, but seriously. The potential in Havik's moveset is IN-SANE. Both visually AND in gameplay terms.

Imagine him tearing his arm and using it as a club.

Imagine him not being able to use his FB at will, but have a 15% chance of it occurring automatically whenever his enemy performs a KB on him.

Imagine him causing KB's on HIMSELF in order to receive a random buff in return (armor, fire aura, extra speed, etc.) for a limited amount of time.

Imagine him having a non-damaging projectile (skull of chaos) or a parry move which inverts the opponent's button inputs for three seconds.

Imagine him having a 'resurrection' custom move when dropped at 50 hit points where his body is torn in two (lower body and upper body) and you use your punch buttons to make his upper body jump towards the opponent and punch them, or tap kick buttons to make his lower body run towards the opponent and kick them.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Havik doesn't really have allies or foes really, just wants to use people to create chaos and disorder everywhere.
Mortal Kombat is at its best when the different characters and factions interact with each other without having to fall on the good/evil cathegories. But when that happens the lore loses a lot. This shit happened in MK Armageddon and now it's happening again.