What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Kobra could have been a legendary character if they didn't pussy out. He was supposed to be a Ken clone, but they eventually just made him another generic fireball guy. I think he could work so much better now that MK is back to 2d. Go full balls out and give him a Hadouken, Shoryuken and tatsu, different names of course but it would be so sick
He had the potential to be the "Dan Hibiki" of MK, which I wouldn't be against.

Cassie from MKX to MK11 is literally the definition of a downgrade. I really don’t like her in MK11. such a boring, bland and empty character.
Cassie in MKX/Brawler was basically my main. When I started to try her in MK11 she felt like a completely different character. Not only that, they gave her the worst outfits in the whole game. What the hell happened

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Ed already said its characters so thank God it's not.
Did he? I think he only said 'this is what's coming next to MK' and that the clues were pointing to different characters, but that could mean different ninja skins (Reptile for Scorp). :eek:

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I use Kollector as an example because while I really like his design, gameplay wise he's as generic as it gets. He has six fucking arms, huge amounts of mystery and is from a brand new race we never knew existed. But what is his fighting style? Knives and random unexplained magic.
Agree partially on Kollector. I like his style though, if you use his combos right you can really make it rain with the chain, blue magic, green magic, the knives. But like you say, it's random and unexplained. What I hate the most is the green bombs, the way he throws them and they don't do shit. They could've given us crazy moves like a Sheeva fireball stance where you throw a chain with one, a knife with the other, that circle saw thing etc. Quite frankly, a character like Kollector would get his due way more in a fighter like Street Fighter 5 where they embrace diversity of characters. MK11 is very limited, only Fujin really breaks the barriers by going vertical and horizontal, but it's the mechanism they chose. Big characters are truly big and slow, others faster and agile, and they use the full axis in SF5.
To each their own, but I think Kollector's design and gameplay is right on the money (no pun intended).

The randomness is the point. The guy is not a martial artist, ancient sorcerer, or a mystical deity; he's just a greedy, conniving scumbag who fights with whatever random artifacts he's taken from others. He's kind of funny actually. He took somebody's magical lantern and figured out how to do a few things with it like absorb fireballs--but if all else fails, he's not above just bashing you in the head with it (no worries, he has more). With his f3 string, he literally attacks you with random knives and chakrams he's collected. He's collected a ton of little potions that he can use to teleport around, or f&*k it, it works just as well to chuck them at you to set you on fire. He doesn't have a fighting style or philosophy; he's a pragmatist at heart.

Also, it's not fair to compare him to Fujin and Sheeva. Most of the starting cast is pretty tame tbh, which I think mostly reflects that the devs wanted to play it safe at first, make something stable and reasonably balanced, then take more chances once they really understood how the game plays. That's why DLC are getting progressively more game-expanding moves (e.g., Spawn's armor breaker, Fujin's expanded air movement) as we go on. If they were designing Kollector from scratch, he'd probably look a lot different than he does now.

Raider

Noob
There is definitely some kind of conflict or disconnect between WB and NRS. I am 99% sure that for some reason WB is slowing things down. Keeping things locked and not allowing NRS to speak or announce anything. I don't have another explanation. I know that WB is deciding on all things MK/Injustice but this level of incompetence in 2020 is shocking.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
There is definitely some kind of conflict or disconnect between WB and NRS. I am 99% sure that for some reason WB is slowing things down. Keeping things locked and not allowing NRS to speak or announce anything. I don't have another explanation. I know that WB is deciding on all things MK/Injustice but this level of incompetence in 2020 is shocking.
Yeah it was the same situation with MKX. Remember how much shit NRS was getting for the terrible pc port? Especially Ed Boon, that gif of him being interviewed by Angry Joe was everywhere. They didn't even acknowledge it for months and everyone thought they abandoned it, but when they finally revealed the pc port was getting fixed Ed said on twitter "so glad I can finally talk about this" They def have them under wrap

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Same with the Harry Potter game and the Batman games. WB is handling everything with secrecy and dumb marketing strategies. Before the reveal of Gotham Knights they spent a full week doing hints on Twitter despite people already figuring out the answer on the same day they posted the first clue. It was such a drag.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yeah it was the same situation with MKX. Remember how much shit NRS was getting for the terrible pc port? Especially Ed Boon, that gif of him being interviewed by Angry Joe was everywhere. They didn't even acknowledge it for months and everyone thought they abandoned it, but when they finally revealed the pc port was getting fixed Ed said on twitter "so glad I can finally talk about this" They def have them under wrap
Such a hideous infringement on everyone's entertainment. I absolutely loathe that this is the standard in the industry now when larger companies own the developer company. Bunch of old white dudes in suits, likely none of which have ever touched a videogame in their entire boomer lives, dictating constricting business practices that are so drastically disconnected from the market the developer works in.

So fucking stupid.

There doesn't need to be a conflict or disconnect for this to be true. This is just how giant companies work. Every employee who works in software on a secret project for a big corporation would love to talk all about what they're working on. I've been in that boat. I worked on a secret project for a giant tech company for 2 years and couldn't ever talk about it.

It's about managing expectations. Everyone talks about wanting more transparency, but they typically don't want that. What they want is confirmation that they're getting features. If you got real transparency, you'd get developers saying "guess what, I'm working on Mileena!", and then the following month saying "sorry guys, WB scrapped Mileena for Harley Quinn", or "sorry you've all been hyped about KP3 that I teased, but the game isn't selling as well anymore and we're moving on to something else".

Everyone talks about WB as being an evil overlord that cockblocks NRS at every turn, but they're just protecting external messaging for a property they own so that customers aren't expecting things that they may end up not getting if plans change.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
According to Princess' comments, it's a guest, and she seems to be heavily hinting at Scarecrow being it.

Where's my fucking rambo goddamn it, he better be in, along with shaggy.

ErmacMKX

Noob
According to Princess' comments, it's a guest, and she seems to be heavily hinting at Scarecrow being it.

Where's my fucking rambo goddamn it, he better be in, along with shaggy.
Screw Rambo, we dont need another generic army guy. Scarecrow would be so much cooler.