What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It would be pretty crazy to have MK11 have more characters than any previous game, but no Reptile or Ermac. Mileena being in make sense. Would also like to see Smoke and Takeda.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I understand NRS is under WB's thumb, but they need to get better at communicating content.

It's past being funny at this point.
It really does take the piss. Barring a few blips, Capcom have been far better at communicating content with Street Fighter V and so have Namco Bandai with Tekken 7 if I'm honest. It's really piss poor from NRS.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Why not just come out and say yes there's going to be another Kombat Pack with 8 Kharacters 4 Arenas and more. It would pump some life into the community and we could all speculate. It's called communication and marketing please get better at it NRS.
Smash Bros does this and has huge gaps between characters, way longer than this game, but nobody cares because there is still communication and speculation and hype with who’s next.

Slymind

Noob
I guess people just want NRS to give it to them straight, just tell us if things are on the way or not, and give us an idea of what to expect. They don't have to release things fast, just keep the communication open about what they think of the game and what ideas they are toying with.

Content roadmap is a very common thing these days, not everything has to be a suprise, like what you are about to do is the second coming. This way, people would be more engaged with the game's developement, and also would temper their expectations concerning future patches.

Sometimes i wonder what Tyler Lansdown even do, outside Kombat Kast.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this smells like huge damage control coming from NRS and Ed Boon hmmmm .... hehe :p

..... they know that Ash Williams is very demanded by fans right now in MK11, and sure want to save him as the very last DLC character to come up in sometime in 2021 .... increasing the hype level to the maximum possible .....

seems more that Epcar being chewed out by Ed Boon and so, having to come public and apologize for that, but, in the end, is just a decoy strategy to hide that , yeah, Ash is one of the DLC characters and will be in the game, very late, but will be :rolleyes:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I understand NRS is under WB's thumb, but they need to get better at communicating content.

It's been my biggest problem with them since they announced the game.

I will die on the hill of "we should've been concerned when we went all the way from the January reveal to the end of the Beta before they revealed ANY DETAILS about competitive builds or how the custom move system would work, even though they covered that right off the bat about Gear Moves in the very first Kast they had for Injustice 2."
It was a red flag then that's being proven substantial now.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Hype culture. So Uncaged has trailers to react to and act like "that character was so unexpected!"
I miss the shadows from MKX KP2. It kept hype and speculation, and some of the shadows were actually real (BRC and Leatherface I think)
In MK11 they don’t even give us that. It’s over 100 days of silence and then hey guys new edition of the game comes out tomorrow preorder another 60 dollars now to unlock the fuckface skin pack, ok see you next year for the reveal trailer of the general guy from Rambo First Blood

I guess people just want NRS to give it to them straight, just tell us if things are on the way or not, and give us an idea of what to expect. They don't have to release things fast, just keep the communication open about what they think of the game and what ideas they are toying with.

Content roadmap is a very common thing these days, not everything has to be a suprise, like what you are about to do is the second coming.
NRS is not known about keeping the communication open, they do the exact opposite. We had a content roadmap for MKX more or less, then with Injustice 2 they teased the Fighter Packs before revealing them one by one. With MK11, they did a half ass reveal with a teaser for the Kombat Pack to begin with then released Aftermath without any kind of previous marketing. It is what it is.

Hype culture. So Uncaged has trailers to react to and act like "that character was so unexpected!"
That's a thing for sure but there's another common thing nowadays that is 'backlash culture'. Whatever comes next, MK11 will be critiqued. I can't access this site without seeing 5 threads about why the game sucks. If KP 3 comes out of nowhere with a pre-order link, more people will be hyped into buying it without a second thought than 5 threads later about why it is overpriced, how much bullshit is that we'll have Rambo, Ash, Ashrah and Havik while we have no Reptile, Mileena, Sektor, Smoke, Cyrax or Takeda in the game. Names are interchangeable of course.

'Fans' of the game give NRS more shit about whatever they do than the filthy casuals. Besides NRS has a tendency to advertise things in the weirdest ways. When MK11 was announced just 4 months before its release (best ever move by NRS for sure) I expected them to give us content continuously up until release. We had nothing between the announcement and the reveal event. We had another dry month after the reveal event and they crammed everything into a two-month period before release including a Beta. Why? Because that's how they roll.

JDM

Noob

Bro I got sick of it during Injustice 2 honestly. It's gone past being 'at the edge of my seat' for more info. At this point I'm just uninterested to play the game or follow it since I know I'll be waiting forever for information. At least give semi-regular updates instead of just trolling on twitter.

It's been my biggest problem with them since they announced the game.

I will die on the hill of "we should've been concerned when we went all the way from the January reveal to the end of the Beta before they revealed ANY DETAILS about competitive builds or how the custom move system would work, even though they covered that right off the bat about Gear Moves in the very first Kast they had for Injustice 2."
It was a red flag then that's being proven substantial now.
I don’t know why a lot of people forget or didn’t pay attention to Ed Boon saying customs wouldn’t be used in competition in an interview during the Reveal. It would have been nice if he repeated himself a couple of more times...but it was mentioned.

trufenix

bye felicia
Guys, de-confirming leaks is still confirming content, which is exactly what NDAs say you can't do. The next round of dlc will be released the day it was intended to be released and not a second sooner, not even if someone steals boons laptop and posts the entire de-crypted hard drive online, he will still be like I can't relaly talk about it, but we'll be announcing something soon!

That's just business and they're just people trying to do their jobs.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Plausible like your source, right?! C’mom.
MK Dragon pointed out that the true Aftermath leak was indeed true when there were twenty other 'leaks' floating around at that time. That immediately makes him more credible than all the 4chan/reddit leakers altogether.

If you don't want to believe what he says, don't. But mocking his sources when they nailed it on the Aftermath leak is unfair.