What's new

Kombat League is Hot Garbage Yet Again

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Removing the counter pick crap by locking mains is absolutely awesome and something I've been wanting in online play for ages.

There should be two ranks though.. Character and Seasonal. So your 2 hour toon is not considered the same as your 45 hour one for match making... But progress on either goes to the one pool for seasonal unlocks

I'll never understand what people are talking about with "grind" just play the game completely normally and it all unlocks... So where is the grind? It is such a rediculous complaint. I hate playing the game, why can't I just play the game.. I mean wtf.. Just play and it unlocks...

Having to face Johnny and Raiden over and over again is just not fun. I probably won't touch Kombat League again after I unlock that sick Shao skin at Grandmaster, it's just not worth the stress.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Removing the counter pick crap by locking mains is absolutely awesome and something I've been wanting in online play for ages.
While I do agree the counterpicking is annoying, Kombat League just being an item grind means being character locked makes no sense. There's no character-specific online rank progression, just points to gain for your account to get gear. They could have just lowered the character selection time dramatically (such as to maybe 10 seconds) and that'd have been fine.

There should be two ranks though.. Character and Seasonal. So your 2 hour toon is not considered the same as your 45 hour one for match making... But progress on either goes to the one pool for seasonal unlocks
If KL is going to be the way it is, there should definitely be some sort of separate, long-term online rank system that's character based. I do like the idea of them having character- and profile-specific ranks, but I highly doubt NRS has any plans for KL to be different going forward.

I'll never understand what people are talking about with "grind" just play the game completely normally and it all unlocks... So where is the grind? It is such a rediculous complaint. I hate playing the game, why can't I just play the game.. I mean wtf.. Just play and it unlocks...
Yup. Just play and RNGesus will bless you to slide right up to God rank to unlock everything. Definitely. Just play and it all unlocks, guys. Pack it up! There being no real skill-based ranked matchmaking is whatever yall!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
They should bring back the kombat kodes with one of them being disable the finish him screen. That way if both players agree, they can skip fatals
It really doesn’t bug me to have a fatality done on me, but at least wait till after the set is done. I’ll do a fatality after a hard earned win or if the guy is being a dick on the mic. I’ll do a brutality any chance I get cause they’re awesome and don’t really waste time.

They should bring back the kombat kodes with one of them being disable the finish him screen. That way if both players agree, they can skip fatals
I wish...but they can't even be bothered to put in an option to change or remove all blood so that streamers and vid creators don't get constantly bopped. I guess it's too much to ask NRS to give a minor bit of help to the community carrying them on its back

Not sure if this was mentioned before but in then KL ranks screen they show the wrong info next to your profile. It's showing Johnny / Cyrax which I don't use and the number of matches is way wrong.

kevkopdx

Noob
Not sure if this was mentioned before but in then KL ranks screen they show the wrong info next to your profile. It's showing Johnny / Cyrax which I don't use and the number of matches is way wrong.
Not only that, It changes every time you go to the stats page for me… I can’t find anywhere to view my KL record other than the screen when you are connecting to an opponent.